Moar Barn Walls! EA wall fixed + 10 new walls!
I was not sure how to show best what I've done, so I made you a little story to demonstrate it, as seen above.
My dear friend Qbie has been making an awesome house, and I have been looking at his pics in awe. But seeing them also made me cranky about how EA neglected those one tile wide walls. The barn walls are my absolute favorite walls to use, so I wanted to fix this issue. And knowing me, I could not leave it to just one wall, could I? :D
So I present you 10 new walls that match EA's (so well they hurt brains!). You can mix and match them all you want.
I also made a tiny mod to fix tiling on one of the EA's barn walls. I can't believe I never saw how borky it was - I use them walls all the time! But missroxor did poke me about the issue when I showed her the walls I was making, and the mod was born.
So here is the 'Barn wall with pilaster - left side' with correct 1/3 tiling instead of the 2/2 it had.
The mod changes resource 'CWAL 0x515CA4CD-0x00000000-0x76E34316615FD039' of the 'Wall_ structured_BarnPilaster_left' and will conflict with any mod that changes that resource.
Everything is for Base game. Please enjoy!
Qbie for 'bringing out' the issue with one tile walls again.
missroxor for poking me about the wall borkiness.
Creators of the tools I used.
There are my terrain paints on the pictures, are not in any way included to the download though.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
armiel_Tiling fix for EAs Barn wall with pilasters - left.rar
Size: 1.4 KB · Downloads: 10,744 · 17th Nov 2012
armiel_Moar barn walls.rar
Size: 576.6 KB · Downloads: 13,519 · 17th Nov 2012
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2