The Beginning Hoods Separated Family Series, now as Separated Semi-Stealth Hood Templates!
You might know of marka93's Beginning Hood series where you could play the ancestors from the start.
The Beginning Hoods have also been converted into Shopping District subhoods, available here
Now, we're here to present you the third edition of the Beginning Hood Series!
The Beginning Hoods now also come in semi-stealth hood templates! But what are semi-stealth hoods? Let us explain that...
Systematically, they are nothing but normal Shopping District subhoods... however they do not contain any lots or other neighborhood objects. The subhoods just have some families in the Family Bin, just like the Stealth Hoods. The only difference is that these subhoods don't get automatically added to neighborhoods upon loading, of course!
What do we mean about "Separated Family Series".
If you want to add these semi-Stealth Hoods to your neighborhood, you have to do so manually.
So... we came up with the idea of converting the Beginning Hoods into similar neighborhoods, where you would just add the subhood to get the sims and delete the subhood afterwards.
BUT, we also decided to separate the families, so you can fully customize your OWN Beginning Hood to your liking!
Ever wanted to have the Capp's ancestors mixed with the Goth's? Now, you can do that!
Besides this, the Beginning Hoods are all the same as you already know... well.. maybe the "Beginning of Downtown" series is new.. but other than it being separated, it's the same thing.
How to InstallThese neighborhoods don't go into the Neighborhoods folder as usual.
Place them into your NeighborhoodTemplate folder inside your install location instead..
By default, it's Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
If you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, it's: Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
You'll need Mootilda's Fix Subhood Selection mod in order to use this set.
How to UseAgain, these subhoods are no real 'hoods, they only contain the corresponding bin families in it but nothing more.
The idea is to add the subhood as usual and delete it afterwards, so you'd just get the bin families. So this is a similar approach to EA's stealth hoods.
In the subhood section, you'll see something like this. (The initials of the neighborhood + family name in brackets + family album picture)
Here we see the subhood of the Summerdream family.
Further Information42 subhoods!
No townies/NPCs included in the subhoods... only the ancestor sims! (Have a look in the comments to find out how to play the challenge)
No CC other than "Mootilda's Fix Subhood Selection" mod are required for these 'hoods.
You'll need OFB expansion pack for this to work!
Download LinksThe downloads are in the comments!
Click on these links to get there and download the corresponding neighborhoods!
The Beginning of Pleasantview
The Beginning of Strangetown
The Beginning of Veronaville
The Beginning of Downtown
The Beginning of Bluewater Village
The Beginning of Riverblossom Hills
The Beginning of Desiderata Valley
The Beginning of Belladonna Cove
Additional CreditsNumenor for his AnyGameStarter
Mootilda for her tutorial How to Create a Custom Subhood Template
marka93 for his original Beginning Hoods set
MTS for being such a great website
EA/Maxis for developing such a great game
The makers of
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 57 Bytes · Downloads: 1,167 · 8th May 2018
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2