Holiday Roof Lights
Update 1/2/2019 Added file HW_treePine-LightOverlay & 1/3/2019 Updated the tree to make it recolorable - thank you StephSim!
The seasonal pine tree does not maintain it's light recolors (other than white) outside of summer. I separated the mesh and created two new objects (tree and lights) that you can combine together. The lights will retain their recolors and the tree will still have the nice seasonal snow overlay. The tree is Â§250, the lights are Â§50 and both are located in Lighting / Miscellaneous.
Holiday Roof Lights:
Seasons or higher expansion pack required
I love the creator themes and I enjoy them even more when I get excited about an idea - like roof lights for the Seasons and Celebrations theme! I repurposed some Maxis meshes and made them into roof deco so you can go all out decorating your Sims houses this season.
***These are cloned from roof decorations so you'll need any expansion pack Seasons or higher for them to work.***
- Collection File
- Player/Live mode friendly (deco hides with the roof off)
- Covers Hipped and Mansard rooves
- 45Â°, 35Â° and 15Â° angles for Gabled and Shed rooves
- DIY wall set that's building cheat friendly Note: These are cloned from curtains and require Goggalor's ALL shiftables to be height adjustable. I recommend installing all of them (so everything in game shifts) but if you'd rather not all you need Lee's shiftcurtains2 here for the DIY wall lights to shift.
Video: Some babble and demonstration. Unfortunately the video quality turned out poor - the lights are pretty in game.
- The wreaths and pine tree are lighted but the roof lights aren't (too much light with every tile lit up!). I recommend using invisible lights where needed. Nix has a lovely set of invisible lights here .
- These won't be replaced with a Maxis object if you remove these from your download folder.
- The Gable Wreath is the master for the set.
Everything is located in Lighting / Miscellaneous and is priced to sort in a logical order for ease of use.
Lights: Â§10 - Â§38 / 1 subset
Wreath: Â§300 / 2 subsets
Pine Tree: Â§300 / 2 subsets
Lights: Range from 238 to 745 (see chart)
Pine Tree: 1167
These aren't particularly high poly but they're not low. If you need to limit your landscaping for performance reasons you'll probably want to limit how many of these lights you place too.
The pine tree was cloned from Gwenke's seasonal shrubs and was a life saver! SimPE, Maxis for the meshes and textures and MTS as always for hosting, the knowledge and for the inspiration too.
Not Applicable: None of the above
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 966.3 KB · Downloads: 2,931 · 4th Jan 2019
Size: 1.84 MB · Downloads: 6,888 · 3rd Nov 2017
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2