Sindarin spell text default replacement mod
You need Apartment Life for magic in general, Seasons for the leaf piles, and Pets for the spectral assistant.
What does it do?
This mod replaces only the text of spells that exist in the game. Your game will be showing everything in your installation language, up until the moment you click Cast spell. From then onward it's Sindarin-only, including the spell book.
Where is the translation then?
You can find the literal translation (and an occasional aside) in Comments in the Plugin View of SimPE. That is because:
1) people who are already familiar with the basics of Sindarin do not need my training wheels cluttering their grimoire;
2) i realised that having said wheels ready at hand makes me rely too much on them, instead of trying to learn one word at a time from one game session to the next; and
3) it's an easy beginner's task for people who are unfamiliar with SimPE: read. Just read what's inside the mod.
What does it not do?
It does not add spells, change the ingredients, alignment, duration or effect of casting. It also does not add any BHAVs, this is strictly text, so it will not conflict with anything that alters effects, for instance the one where neutral spells do not change alignment.
That said, it sadly does conflict with a bunch of other things:
- the Harry Potter spell replacement mod. That's a given, you can't use a resource in two different versions at the same time.
Any mod that tampers with TTAs or STR# of the following:
- any Sim's pie menu, like the OFB mods for massage business etc.
- leaf pile, fire, puddle menu
- ground tile menu
STR# instance 12E of groups 0x7F01EC29, 0x7F293E85, 0x7F1F956A, 0x7FD0A790, 0x7F5D3435, 0x7F38B8A7, 0x7F404283, 0x7FA3147D
TTAs group 0x7F01EC29 instance 81
TTAs group 0x7F1F956A instance 80
TTAs group 0x7FED2D44 instance 1
TTAs group 0x7FA3147D instance 1
What's in the download archive?
I've numbered each file so that they're easy to keep track of. We have 1 - sim menu, 2 - ground tile menu, 3 - all the spell book descriptions, plus leaf pile, puddle, fire; and 4 is a folder, because Wants.package has to stay named exactly that, but it won't hurt if it's in a subfolder detailing its contents.
So what does it look like in the game?
You can check the screenshots for an exact look, but daunting is the word, at least at first. My advice is to take it slow - learn the spells along with your Sim.
Your first word (after galad and mellon ) is Luith = spell. Then you get a bunch of super short words:
- an = to, for
- na = from, by
- ad = back
- i = the
- a = and
- ce, ci -- read them as ke, ki
- a, e, i, u -- rather as ah, eh, y, oo like in balloon
- th as in thin, thick and thistle
- dh as in this, that and there
- r is kinda harsh, like in Italian
... and yes, i speak it out loud when i play. I'm a Ravenclaw, what did you expect :p
I'm aware of all the problems that can come up from conflicting mods, and i'll be available to help you harmonise mods instead of choosing between them. Send me a PM, preferably at weekends - busy year coming up - and we'll sort it out. Enjoy
JRR Tolkien for this wonderful language, and D. Salo for explaining it in detail.
The creators of other indispensable elvish CCs - tiggerypum, Lethe_s.
Title: Cast Cano lavan milui
Description: One of the great things about witchcraft is that you can summon your own friendly animal (sic)! If your Sim is feeling lonely or simply wants a cool companion, click on your Sim and select "Cast Spell... Cano lavan milui".
Title: Watch Clouds
Title: Flirt. . . /Charm
Description: * Make Me Crawl
Title: Echado mellon
Description: Luith milui
| Sindarin spell text replacement
Size: 16.6 KB · Downloads: 93 · 10th Sep 2019
|16.6 KB||93||10th Sep 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.