Halloween Hideaway (No CC)
I was inspired to build this Halloween world after doing my Lemax and Department 56 Halloween builds last year. I wanted to create a place where they could all come together with other spooky builds I've done in the past and create a world that is all year Halloween!
Map Size: 512x512- Small
Spawners: Fish, Nanite, Seed, Insect, Gem, and Junkyard
Layers: There are 5 layers including the Global layer
Terrain Textures: There are 8 terrain textures used, but none that exceed 8 per chunk
Routing: Sims can route anywhere except steep hillsides and areas with excessive foliage or object details such as rocks. Non-Camera routing was also not applied to this world.
Number of Residential Lots: 13 (10 built, 3 vacant)
Number of Community Lots: 26 (21 regular, 5 Rabbitholes)
A few things to note about Halloween Hideaway:
- This world does use a lot of Katy Perry Sweet Treat items! If you do not have this pack, some areas such as Tricks and Treats candy store , or any of the town playgrounds will be missing most all of their items and will be replaced by non working base game replacements!
- This is a ROADLESS world, so there are no vehicles of any kind, nor can vehicles be used. This means no cars, scooters, bicycles, broomsticks, taxis, trucks, limos, buses,and carpools. Some services that require vehicles such as maids, repairmen, pizza delivery etc. will not be available as well. There is an "invisible sidewalk" system in place that keeps your Sims on the designated pathways around town. Or if you prefer, there are LLAMA teleporters sprinkled around to make transportation easier. I would suggest downloading this mod that reduces the risks of using teleporters: http://www.modthesims.info/d/501781...-3-flavors.html
- This world has customized weather and lighting files. If you have any global lighting mods in your game I would suggest taking them out so they do not interfere with the custom lighting. The lore of the island dictates that it is set in a perpetual time loop that keeps it forever Halloween night. For this reason, Daytime and Nightime lighting are essentially the same to give the feel of an eternal Halloween night. Weather is still routine however and clouds will change colors based upon weather patterns.
- The plants in the greenhouse at Oleanders will go dormant in the winter as the roof is open. Also, any pumpkins set out around the town are debug items and will expire in about three days. Feel free to replace them with proper decorative pumpkins! This does not apply to the pumpkin trees, as those are simply textured that way.
- The Dollhouse is perfectly livable, but is not seasons-proof due to the open back. This can easily be managed with controlled weather, but rain and snow will pile up inside if you choose to leave them on. Your Sim may also get privacy notices due to the open bathroom.
- There are a few buildings that utilize the Supernatural sliding bookcase doors. However, they will not work upon your first use and you will have to manually delete and replace them or click them and 'reset' them to make them work. This is just an EA bug with the doors, but they can easily be remedied as stated before.
Expansion Packs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into The Future.
Stuff Packs: Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Town Life, Master Suite, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, 70's 80's & 90's, Movie.
THIS WORLD CONTAINS NO CC OR STORE CONTENT!
Thanks and Credits:
I would like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who helped me along the process of creating this world! It has long been a goal of mine to get into world building and I don't think I could have done it without everyone's help. A big thanks to Norn and Sirrena for helping me with the Rabbithole recolors and teaching me how to do it myself! Thank you to attuned, Norn, and Fluse for testing the world and helping me find and fix any issues and troubleshoot everything so that everything worked as it should!
DON’T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE THREE ADDITIONAL LOTS TO COMPLETE THE ISLAND!
Happy Halloween everyone! And Happy Simming!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.+ 7 SPs
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 37.65 MB · Downloads: 5,032 · 10th Oct 2019
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2