Playable and Improved Nannies
In addition, the service itself and its autonomy was completely rewritten, which means that they should be more competent at their job. Any original nannies you have hired before installing this mod will be removed and their schedules canceled.
Features and Info
- Nannies will now potty train toddlers.
- Nannies should now be more smart with baby bottles. They shouldn't pointlessly take a ton out of the fridge to put them on the floor.
- Nannies should be a bit more smart about autonomously leaving when an adult Sim finally comes back home.
- A cooking skill of at least 3 is recommended for your playable nannies, so that they can make decent meals for children.
- If no playable nannies are available to hire, 3 teens will be automatically generated for the job with randomized cooking skills.
- Your schedule is actually tracked now, getting promoted/demoted/fired/etc. will adjust your scheduled nanny accordingly.
- The career includes chance cards and names/descriptions for each promotion level.
- If you wish to hire a different nanny, click on your nanny and "Fire" them when they show up to work or click on the "Never mind" button when you're looking for a nanny over the phone without a schedule active.
Custom Career Info and Promotion Levels
Tuning and Setup
- If you don't have Clean UI installed you might want to remove the "zld_Nannies/zzld_nannies_cleanui.package" file to have the icons for the career and service in the style of the vanilla Maxis UI instead.
- The "zld_Nannies/zld_customservice_nanny.package" file contains a "Nanny Tuning" BCON file. If opened with SimPE, you can change the "Prioritize Playables?" setting from 1 (Yes) to 0 (No). If this is set to 0 then it will always put generated teens into the hire-able nanny pool, rather than only choosing playables if available.
- English [Complete]
- Spanish [Complete] By Paluding
- German [Complete] By Hendrik McSims
- Dutch [Complete] By Simoneee
Social Mods: Social Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with each other)
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Defaults: Default Replacement Spawned Objects (like baseballs, dishes, etc)
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.+ 1 SPs
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Version with Job Levels labeled (e.g. Babysitter Lv. 1, Nanny Lv. 2)
Size: 102.2 KB · Downloads: 6,832 · 19th Jan 2022
| Unlabeled Version
Size: 102.2 KB · Downloads: 2,510 · 19th Jan 2022
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3