Script Mod Template Creator (Update 14.08.2022)
Updated: 14th Aug 2022 at 3:22 PM
This Program lets you create an all set up Project for Sims 3 script modding by choosing from a list of predefined project Templates. The program already has all the necessary Libraries included to do script modding.
For whom this mod is:
A: if you never did script modding before but wanted to try it, you can use this program to easily set up your first mods and look at the Templates/Examples or just play around with the code
B: if you are a seasoned scripter already you still can draw a benefit from this program since it allows to set up projects quickly (you can also create your own Templates)
You will need to have the .Net framework version 2.0 installed
You can use the purpleish buttons on the right side (Tool Downloads) to be linked to the required Tools for script modding when running this Program.
The Sims 3 Pakcage Editor S3PE
You will "need" an Integrated Development Enviroment to do your scripting / compiling, i recommend SharpDevelop
Optional: Many of the templates require the C# Script Utility mod (Version 1.034 and up)
How to use the Template Creator :
1. Unpack the content of the .7z file to a good location you want to use for your modding
2. run Battery_S3Template.exe to start the program
3. Enter a name for your Project in the Project field
4. Enter your Username in the Username field. *
(Optional) Select a location you want your projects to be stored in in the Location field*
5. Select a Template from the yellow Available templates list
6. Click the Green CreateProject button to create your Project
7. You can then click on ok if you want to open the created Project.
8. Do your scripting compiling
9. Use to import the dll you compiled into the generated package file see picture
10. put the package file into your mods folder => FIN !
*These Settings will be saved and used the next time you open up the program if you created a project with these settings
Quick Packaging Guide:
1.) In your IDE (SharpDevelop, VisualStudio etc. hit compile, this will "create" the .dll file in your project:
B) Packaging up your Assembly :
1.) Open up the generated package file with the Sims 3 Package Editor (S3PE) :
2.) right click on the resource with the tag "S3SA" and select Import DLL :
3.) navigate to the dll created in Step A), select it and hit open :
4.) Hit Yes when prompted to Commit Changes and save the package file:
5.) Put the Package file into your mods folder (install the C# Script Utility if needed for your project) then run the game
Known Issues / Feedback:
Since i created this program in a bit over a day there are probably some rough edges. If you ran into one of those please let me know
If you have feedback on how to improve the Template Creator pllease let me know in the comment section
Custom Template Creation:
1. Just create the *.cs files / Project Structure you want to be your template like you would in a normal script mod.
2. Your Entry Point class has to be called Main
3. The Tunable value used to "initialize" the mod has to be called init and has to be of type bool
4. Replace the Namespace you were using in your Project with ♥Namespace so "namespace Battery.SomeMod" would become "namespace ♥Namespace"
5. put these files in a folder which then goes into the Templates folder of the Template Creator Directory
6. if you want you can supply a description to your Template by putting a file named "description.txt" in the Template folder you created
Added: Color Coding for Requirements (black = none, blue = Utility, green = S3SE)
Added: BuffLoader Project Template
Added: OptionsMenu Project Template
Added: SimSelectionMenu Project Template
Added: S3SE_ExImportSettings Project Template
Added: Buff creation functionality
Changed: Each Template now Requires an Description.xml file see existing files for reference
Changed: Updated C# Script Utility assembly to version 1.035
Changed: Updated C# Script Utility assembly to version 1.037
Changed: Non editable buffs will now grey out / deactivate the input fields when selected
Fixed: The SimSelectionMenu template now uses the correct namespace resolution so it will now work without tinkering
Changed: Internal Core changes
Changed: Updated C# Script Utility assembly to version 1.039 (yet unreleased)
Changed: Added missing xml closure for initializer xml (thanks to Lyralei)
Changed: changed Tunable modifier to public to eliminate warning (thanks to Echoweaver)
Added: STBL Editor
Added: BuffOrigin Creator
Added: Preliminary Plugin Support
PI Jones for the creation of the S3PI libraries
Sonja A. for proof of concept testing
NRaas for their unprotection work on the dlls which i slightly modified for this mod
PuddingFace for contributing a Buff Template
Lyralei && Echoweaver for giving feedback(see changelog 14.08.2022)
No game information could be extracted from this file
The following custom content is included in the downloadable files:
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
| Version 1.3
Size: 7.38 MB · Downloads: 347 · 14th Aug 2022
|7.38 MB||347||14th Aug 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: