Clean Bluewater Village With All Townies
How I made this one is that I converted the original hood into a main hood, extracted all of the townies not in the clean version, Made all of the townies in the clean main hood version, and then set them as townies. For the shopping district version I took the main hood version I made and then converted it to a shopping district.
To install the main hood version you simply put the BWVM folder in the neighborhood folder.
To install the shopping district version you have to locate the B001 folder in the game files. The location of this folder depends on which version of the game you have.
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ea Games/The Sims 2/The Sims 2 Open for Business/TS Data/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Disk version with the Best of Business Collection
C:/Program Files (x86)/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Best of Business/EP3/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Ultimate Collection from Origin
C:/ProgramFiles/OriginGames/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Best of Business/EP3/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Ultimate Collection from oldgamesdownload.com
C:/Program Files (x86)/Mr DJ/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/The Sims 2 Open for Business/TS Data/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Once you locate the B001 folder. You simply delete the B001 folder already there and drag in this one.
(DO NOT DRAG IN THIS B001 FOLDER AND CLICK REPLACE CONTENTS BECAUSE THAT WILL CORRUPT THE HOOD!)
Some things to note
*The main hood version does not include any npcs and they will all be randomly generated.
*For the shopping district version, all of the townies do have their maxis names. However, adding a subhood to a main hood causes the game to randomizes all of the names of the subhood's townies and npcs. The only way to fix this is to manually fix the names yourself.
*I did not touch any of the townies that are already in the clean version.
*Some townies have outfits and turn ons and turn offs from nightlife. If you don't have nightlife then all of the nightlife stuff will automatically be replaced.
*The original hood has 2 hidden sims named Elle and Jeannie. They were originally meant to the townies, but both of their character data's got
fractured and thus were made hidden. In this version both of their character data's are now correct and they are both set as regular townies.
This hood was made with the Ultimate Collection so I believe that you need Mansion & Garden Stuff to use it.
*If you were playing on the disc version of the game then all of the townies that I added back in would not have their maxis names in the main hood version for some reason. This has been fixed.
*Changed the file name of the main hood version so now it always appears right after the 6 main Maxis hoods on the title screen.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.+ 1 SPs
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Main Hood version
Size: 27.63 MB · Downloads: 394 · 9th Jul 2022
| Shopping District Version
Size: 27.73 MB · Downloads: 538 · 3rd Apr 2022
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
zachjohnunlimited also recommends you check the following:
Townie Enthusiasm Seeder - Will give the townies that I added back in hobby enthusiasm. (Which they need for the hobby friend system to work.)
Bulk Rename Utility - If you need to change the filename of the main hood version, then this program will make it a lot easier.