MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Intel Alder Lake Patch

by LazyDuchess Posted 30th May 2022 at 11:31 PM
 
40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Sep 2023 at 1:57 AM
Default Broke My Game
Quote: Originally posted by 0800sofa
Go into the EA App and click manage and click repair. That will fix it for you


I tried this and I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game. It completely broke my game and I am unsure on how to fix it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 12:49 AM
Also works for 13th gen/Raptor Lake processors! I could kiss you omg thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 2:29 PM
Couldn't get this to work on tsm; Intel i7-11800H. Throws an "It's our error" in the ea launcher. Anyone got anthing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 2:18 AM
Thank you so much, after upgrading i thought it was a Windows 11 issue... This patch got it up and running again! <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#30 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 4:53 PM
LET ME KISS YOU ON THE MOUTH!!!! 😭😍

Once a-frikkin-gain you have fixed EA's EFFED UP MESS. This game was *LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE* for me for WEEKS now. I thought it was something I was doing wrong this whole time, or that my new PC was busted and I was ready to cuss the store out--and ofc EA was ZERO help. All for a PATCH. I'm so beyond words right now, believe it or not, with how much I'm ranting. I despise EA with EVERY fiber of my being, but it's thanks to simmers like you that I stay in love with The Sims, even when EA tries it DARNDEST to make me hate everything they touch.

THANK YOU. ❤️
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 1:51 AM
How do you execute a file? I've tried to look it up myself but I haven't found anything that helped.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 11:43 PM
you're a life saver! thank you <3
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
LET ME KISS YOU ON THE MOUTH!!!! 😭😍

Once a-frikkin-gain you have fixed EA's EFFED UP MESS. This game was *LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE* for me for WEEKS now. I thought it was something I was doing wrong this whole time, or that my new PC was busted and I was ready to cuss the store out--and ofc EA was ZERO help. All for a PATCH. I'm so beyond words right now, believe it or not, with how much I'm ranting. I despise EA with EVERY fiber of my being, but it's thanks to simmers like you that I stay in love with The Sims, even when EA tries it DARNDEST to make me hate everything they touch.

THANK YOU. ❤️


This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with EA, This is an issue Intel introduced with its new processor architecture. Some newer motherboard manufactures have created BIOS fixes for it.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Undertheearth
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with EA, This is an issue Intel introduced with its new processor architecture. Some newer motherboard manufactures have created BIOS fixes for it.


EA is selling a product on their EA App that is not compatible with their EA App. That is ABSOLUTELY an EA issue. Particularly since they KNOW about this issue and did nothing about it, leaving it for the community/modders to fix for them, cuz they've abandoned development/patches for a (broken) game they're still selling and making money off of. What EA needs to do is release a (fixed/patched) TS3 Ultimate Edition, the same way they did for TS2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 4:21 AM
Heya, so I've just downloaded your Alder Lake patch (which, tysm for saving my life) however, I have a problem: I can't find these directories on my laptop: Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin,

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin,

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. However, I can find/locate my game files via Documents∖Electronic Arts∖The Sims 3. Afterwards, is there a place(file) to put the patch in, such as downloads or Mods? Needing a reply !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 4:07 PM
I can confirm that this also works on 14th gen CPUs. Thanks, LD!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd May 2024 at 8:28 AM
Do AMD CPUs need a fix?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th May 2024 at 4:39 AM
I just got a new laptop today and installed the game. I'm patched to 1.67. When the launcher wouldn't launch for me to install my store content, I used this patch, and it worked! For awhile. After installing my store worlds and compilations and venues, the launcher stopped launching. I restarted my computer, and that fixed it for one round of store content set installs, but then it stopped launching again. A second restart didn't fix it. I tried repatching, but that didn't fix it either. Now I'm stumped. Do you know what could've happened?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 28th May 2024 at 4:50 PM
Thank you very much. It worked with my 14th gen processor too!
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 10:53 AM
How does it work? Does it only interfere with the game or the system as well?
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoyadoessims
Heya, so I've just downloaded your Alder Lake patch (which, tysm for saving my life) however, I have a problem: I can't find these directories on my laptop: Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin,

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin,

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. However, I can find/locate my game files via Documents∖Electronic Arts∖The Sims 3. Afterwards, is there a place(file) to put the patch in, such as downloads or Mods? Needing a reply !!


Do you have the original version of the game? If not, you can also check in the regular "Program Files" (without "x86"), or you can also have a direct "The Sims 3" folder, without it being in the "Electronic Games" subfolder (but still in "Program Files (x86)/ Program Files").
Page 2 of 2