Antibodies after a Sickness!
Ever got annoyed about Sims in a large household constantly infecting one another once one contracted a cold or the flu? Did you ever get tired of having the family in a constant state of throwing coughing fits and having to keep their motives very high, and eventually them being the cause for neighbourhood-wide infections when they start throwing parties? I know I did.
At the same time, I dislike mods that give permanent immunity to Sims, even if this treatment costs a lot of Simoleons, it is simply not what I wish to have in my game.
In real life, whenever someone is sick with anything, be it the flu, the cold, or anything else, their immune system develops antibodies against the particular branch of disease, making them unable to contract it again for a certain amount of time, usually several months.
I wanted to reflect this in the game, too, but I know that the disease tokens, which spread the sicknesses to those walking over them, stick around for quite a while, so it'd have to be longer than that, in order to achieve what I was going for.
So after thinking about it for a while, I went to work and created my own solution to the problem I saw.
With this simple mod in your Downloads folder, any Sim that gets healthy after having had any disease will be immune to any disease for one full Sim day, giving the family a realistic chance to let the sickness fade away and finally break out of the loop.
For the mod to work, only the base game is needed!
|Resource name||Type name||Type||Group||Instance||Instance (high)|
|Sub - Get Healthy||Behaviour Function||0x42484156||0x7F8A70B6||0x0000101B||0x00000000|
Anything that overwrites this particular BHAV will also conflict with this mod.
MATY's real-sickness mod does not alter the resource so it is okay to use along with this mod.
However, I know that my mod will clash with simler90's Disease Mod, as it modifies the same resource in a way that load order can't resolve.
Maxis and EA for creating Sims 2 in the first place
The creators of SimPE and especially the BHAV plugin
Have fun and happy Simming!
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 495 Bytes · Downloads: 799 · 30th Jul 2022
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)