Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:11 PM Last edited by NikNak513 : 6th Oct 2016 at 10:02 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble adopting babies in clean neighborhood
I'm having trouble adopting children in my clean neighborhood that I created for challenges. The social worker's car appears briefly until I click the age of the child, then it disappears. Here's a video in case you're confused:

I'm using pretty much all of the essential mods, including the ones that stop townies and such from being generated. I'm wondering if those have something to do with it?

If anyone has a solution to this please post it, I can't continue the challenge that I'm doing until this is solved. Thanks.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:30 PM
Sounds like it might be a mod interfering. Are you sure all the mods you have are up to date for AL (which appears to be your latest EP)?

Take all your CC out, make a test hood, see if you have the same problem (don't do this with the hood you are playing).

That's a starting point.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:44 PM
Removing my mods didn't solve the problem. I Might have to repair the game through Origin. (Forgot to mention that I have the Ultimate Collection)

I just remembered that I set the "objects.package" to read-only for every expansion and base game to prevent game corruption. That could be it as well couldn't it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:51 PM
The respawn mods might be the ones responsible, but if you took those out and it's still a problem, yeah, repair would be the thing to try.

Remember that troublesome things can also lurk in the cache files and Saved Sims, and that some mods don't go in the downloads folder.

I wonder what would happen if you seeded the adoption pool? Make an adult, age it down to the desired age with cheats, let the social worker come and get it. You will then have a child available for adoption that doesn't have to be spawned. See if that works. If you don't want a child with an LTW, do this in a throwaway hood; or make a child and an adult, kill the adult, etc.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:05 PM Last edited by NikNak513 : 6th Oct 2016 at 12:04 AM.
I'm repairing the game right now. I tried deleting the SavedSims, and cache files, but the same problem occurred. Hopefully this repair will fix it.

EDIT: Repairing the game didn't solve the problem. I'm unsure what to do...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:06 AM
Should I try uninstalling then re-installing it?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:36 AM
No uninstalling needed.

Are you using clean and empty templates and if so there may not be any to adopt.
To test this out is to make a new clean hood and add 1 family to the hood and then try to adopt and if the same thing happens then add another family with kids and put the kids up for adoption and then use the other family to try and adopt.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:45 AM
But isn't the game supposed to generate sims if there aren't any in the adoption pool? And yes I used empty templates.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:12 AM
Yes, with empty templates the game will generate a sim to adopt.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:55 AM
It was for a test but yes the game should gen up a sim to adopt and since yours is not then you either have a mod that is blocking it or an outdated mod.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:19 AM Last edited by NikNak513 : 6th Oct 2016 at 4:12 AM.
I did a test in Pleasantview and it works there. I'm assuming because there's a pool of adoptable children to choose from. Looks like I might just have to generate some and put them up for adoption. Thanks for the help everyone. Wish I could add babies to the adoption pool though...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:12 AM
I had no problem with adopting kids in a completely empty hood ((Jawusa's) with UC (adopted around 8 by now by different families) - they spawned as needed. So I agree that you may have a mod interfering.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:38 PM
It has to be respawn mods. That's what they're for.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 5:52 PM Last edited by NikNak513 : 6th Oct 2016 at 6:15 PM.
I just did a clean install and put in Jawusa's templates, and removed my Downloads folder. Let me see if that does anything. For the record, I'm also using Jawusa's empty Pleasantview as well.

EDIT: Nope the error still occurs.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:02 PM
Well, that's very odd. Maybe it's to do with Jawusa's hood (though I can't see why and I think she'd be pretty concerned about it as well). Maybe @Jawusa can come over and see if she knows anything. Did you try it in a test hood? That is, one that hasn't been cleaned or otherwise altered in any way.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#16 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 6th Oct 2016 at 7:36 PM.
OK, that's strange. I have tested this out and I can't adopt babies as well! But children can be adopted. I don't know why this is happening. I'll do some tests to find out why this bug occurs.

But I used AnyGameStarter to create the empty neighborhoods. All I did was copying the lots and the neighborhood decoration over; using Mootilda's tutorial. http://modthesims.info/t/468987

Edit: OK. I found out that this bug only occurs in custom neighborhoods that were made in an empty environment. So this doesn't really have to do with my templates. Probably because the game cannot find an excess SimDNA file to link a baby to. Custom neighborhoods don't usually have excess SimDNA files unless you delete a sim. Because EA's neighborhoods have lots of SimDNA files. And it works without any issues in EA's neighborhoods.
But maybe I'm wrong.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#17 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:38 PM
The only solution I could think of would be to create a sim, spawn some babies using Tombstone L and D (not the "New Baby" option- that will make a clone of your sim!), killing that sim and waiting for the Social Worker to take away the babies.

Maybe there's an easier way to do this directly using the Townie and NPC maker "gun". But I have never used that object before.

And if you are having adoption problems again, repeat these steps one more time.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:16 PM
I'm glad to know that it's not my game, and just an error in the game's design. But now I don't get the option to create a new baby, just the one that makes a clone.
Trainee Moderator
#19 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:22 PM
I thought there was an option to generate a baby without making a clone. Hmmm. Try generating toddlers and then aging them down to babies, if that's possible.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:27 PM Last edited by NikNak513 : 6th Oct 2016 at 8:40 PM.
I don't think it's possible, no option to age them down to baby. (at least in my game)

Guess I'll have to settle with adopting toddlers. Thanks for the help Jawusa & maxon!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:01 PM
And thank you for leading to us learning something new about how the game works!
Since quite a lot of people are making townie-free custom neighborhoods to share and using empty templates to make their personal neighborhoods, this is going to start happening a lot. Possibly custom hood-makers should add this information to their neighborhoods under "known issues."

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Since quite a lot of people are making townie-free custom neighborhoods to share and using empty templates to make their personal neighborhoods, this is going to start happening a lot. Possibly custom hood-makers should add this information to their neighborhoods under "known issues."

I don't think it's the absence of townies that is the entire issue. Little Carping was originally townie-less and made with empty templates but I had no trouble with adopting sims.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:18 PM
Including babies?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:20 PM
Maybe there's a way to add extra SimDNA to our hoods with SimPe?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:45 PM
Extra Sim data is the #1 vector of corruption, so if there is I'd call it a bad idea. No, we need to understand this better.

I miss Mootilda. She'd be all over this.

Page 1 of 2