Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 11:22 AM
This is terrible news indeed. My sincere condolences to his family.

I hope that wherever he is right now that he had finally found peace.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 1:25 PM
The news of his passing truly leaves me with a heavy heart. Scumbumbo's contributions to the modding world were significant and he will be sorely missed.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 8:51 PM
This is very sad news. He'll be very missed for certain.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 11:46 PM
RIP Scumbumbo, I used his mods when I first played Sims 4, they were amazing, my condolences to his family and friends.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 12:27 AM
Condolences to his family
Field Researcher
#56 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 6:44 AM
RIP Scumbumbo you were a great modder. Condolences to his family.
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 4:45 AM
Very sad news. Condolences to friends and family
Theorist
#58 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 10:35 PM
Came back today after a long absence from Sims to update my mods. I'm very saddened to hear one of the very mod authors whose mods I came to update had passed away. I used his "Copy Any Outfit" mod religiously. Such terrible news. Life seems so fragile sometimes.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 8:11 AM
I just read it and my heart stopped for a second, never knew him, never talk to him, but I used a lot of his work, best work ever, Im really going to miss him very much. My condolences to the family and friends. Let's remember him through his work. His will be remember.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 10:51 PM
I didn't really know ts4 creators, but still seeing this gave me heartache. I'm sure he's in a better place, my condolences to his friends and family. I could tell from everyone he was a great guy. Rest in peace. Many people will miss you.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 12:16 AM
Omg this is so sad..Does anyone know what happened?
Field Researcher
#62 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 1:47 AM
I don't have "Sims IV" yet, so I am unfamiliar with this gentleman. I express my sincere condolences to his family.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 9:36 PM
As a Sims 4 player who uses mods, Scumbumbo is a familiar name, I'm pretty sure I've used his work from time to time.

Thank you for your contributions to the community! <3
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 6:51 PM
Very sad news indeed. He helped me personally with a few queries about data structures within the Sims 4. I still have his mails in my inbox. A really nice guy. Condolences to his friends and family.
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Dec 2019 at 4:49 AM
Just a quick note .. TY to Pugowned she created a tribute Marmot to honor his memory (it is incredible) https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-...=50&maxis=false
Scholar
#66 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 8:44 PM
I haven't played the Sims 4 but have greatly appreciated all modders who have made this game even better.
Rest in peace, Scumbumbo !

My utmost condolences to his grieving loved ones !

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 3:32 PM
The Sims community lost a great modder with his passing. He was truly talented. Some of his mods, breastfeeding, instruments in inventory, lottery, and many others, just made sense. His work was groundbreaking and influenced the vanilla game development in many ways. Without modders like Scumbumbo, the game would be boring beyond measure. We as users of his mods as well as the developers of the Sims 4 owe this modder, this innovator our thanks and our gratitude in addition to our condolences today. Sadly we did not appreciate this modder enough while he was living! Our thoughts and our prayers are with this family and his fans!
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 7:10 PM
he will live on threw his mods
Instructor
#69 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 7:56 AM
im not sure if me and him ever interacted with each other on the forum, but this is Really sad

It always hurt loosing a friend but his spirit will live on forever ♥ all the help and advice he gave to the forums and all the wonderful creations he made for all the different sims games will keep his memory alive for eternity ♥

I wish him peace in the Afterlife ♥ ♥ ♥
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 7:07 PM
Hells. I have always just held out hope that maybe he was taking a break or something. I hope his family is coping well with grief.
R.I.P Scumbubo. You and your talents will be missed.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 6:37 PM
I don't generally interact with the Sims community because I don't really have anything to contribute, but I can honestly say I shed a few tears when I heard this. When I first started playing 4 and naturally, modding the heck out of my game, so many people always thanked and/or credited scumbumbo in their notes, so I went a-googling, and wow, was I amazed at amount at the sheer amount of content this guy created (mods, tools, resources), while also going out of his way to help other modders, no matter their skill level. I'm currently running my game on my MacBook because both of my gaming PCs are throwing temper tantrums and refusing to recognize displays, so I'm pretty useless, but I'd always hoped to learn and somehow, he was one of those creators that didn't make me feel intimidated. I felt like I could go could and ask him the stupidest, most obvious question to anyone else in the world and he would take the time to answer me. I know how self-centered that sounds, but what I'm trying to convey is that that's the aura he gave off - like he wouldn't be annoyed by the newbiest of newbs asking him dumb questions and, honestly, that's pretty incredible in this community (not trying to say anything bad about anyone else; they might be exactly the same way, but scumbumbo just always gave off that no-question-is-too-dumb vibe). I can't believe I'm making this stupid, verbose post about a person I never even interacted with, but man, does this make me sad. He made EAxis's dumpster fire (or game of ALL of the missed opportunities, if you feel generous) fun and replayable, and, on a personal note, his mods and influence and generosity with other modders got me through the death of my precious cat, the second anniversary of my little brother's sudden and unexpected death, and the suddenish death of my most adored and beloved grandfather, which all happened within the span of 3 weeks. I binge-played (grief-played) this game for a solid month just to get myself through without completely losing it.

So, dear scumbumbo, thanks for your mods, thanks for your tutorials, thanks for your help, inspiration, and support of other modders, and most of all, thanks for you, good sir. You'll be missed, even by perfect strangers you never even knew existed.

If anyone knows his friends or family, pass on the condolences of this stranger and if it helps, let them know he helped her get through a time she thought should couldn't survive.
Test Subject
#72 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 9:49 AM
I'm only a user of his mods but I'm shook. I hope he knew his work was, and will continue to be, greatly appreciated by the Sims community.
My condolances to his friends and family.
Rest in peace Scumbumbo.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 8:33 PM
His mods were useful and the couple of times I had questions to ask him about using his mods, he was always very kind.
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 3:34 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this and my condolences to his family, he was a really kind soul. I never interacted with him personally, but I wish I did now. He always seemed kind in the forums and his mods have been an inspiration and a big help for many.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#75 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 5:03 PM
I'm saddened to learn of his demise after wondering what happened to him. He used to stay on top keeping all of his popular mods updated. I hope his family is okay now.
I only found out about this just now after having been away on and off.
Page 3 of 4