Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:21 PM
A hopefully-easy feature request: would it be possible to have the filename not include the ".package" part? Either as an option or as the default if no-one else cares about including .package?

Thanks a lot for this little app -- it's made my download-organizing-workflow a lot less full of copy-and-paste.
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:12 AM
aqualectirx Yes, that could be easily done, when I get back to this project.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:54 PM
Is it possible to use the 'Tooltip: Filename' option without it including the .package in the tooltip?

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been."
.:The Cove:.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:24 PM
Miss-SKH Not right now, but I'll change it in the future.

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:59 AM
Sorry, I just realized that was requested in a post above mine. My internet connection has been a little iffy, it doesn't always load the full page. My apologies.
This tool is fantastic though, it definitely helps with organizing. Thanks.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been."
.:The Cove:.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:48 AM
Thank heaven the lack of tooltip drove someone more sim-talented than me absolutely batcrazy enough to take offensive action. You save many of us from further wallowing in clueless frustration. A much needed mod, at least in my part. thank you.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 4:49 PM
I just discovered this program today and love it and have been trying out with mostly successful results. One thing I have noticed is that the program does not change tooltips of files that have Asian characters in the name. I don't know if it has problems with Greek or Cyrillic characters too, but is there any way support for other character sets could be added?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I just discovered this program today and love it and have been trying out with mostly successful results. One thing I have noticed is that the program does not change tooltips of files that have Asian characters in the name. I don't know if it has problems with Greek or Cyrillic characters too, but is there any way support for other character sets could be added?

Could you please give me a link to a free file with Asian characters, and/or tell me which font the filename uses? I'll see what I can do, but not anytime soon, currently busy with work. Thank you for the report!

Mad Poster
#59 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 7:56 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 21st Feb 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Ah, silly me went and deleted the Rose hairs that were giving me trouble and now I can't find them or replicate the problem. XD I know I've got several accessories with Asian names though, so I'll go through them now and edit this post if they're still not correctly tooltipped.

ETA: OK, here's two makeups that were left untooltipped: http://www.mediafire.com/?02w6w6dcvirb664

Another ETA: I've got a new issue with files being ignored. They're definitely clothing recolours, the filenames are in English, I even redownloaded some of them onto my laptop in case I'd somehow borked the ones my PC, but the tooltip tool is just skipping them. It's also not showing these files in the log. These Brony t-shirts are the one's I've tested twice, there are others that are being ignored but these were the easiest to find again.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Ah, silly me went and deleted the Rose hairs that were giving me trouble and now I can't find them or replicate the problem. XD I know I've got several accessories with Asian names though, so I'll go through them now and edit this post if they're still not correctly tooltipped.

ETA: OK, here's two makeups that were left untooltipped: http://www.mediafire.com/?02w6w6dcvirb664

Another ETA: I've got a new issue with files being ignored. They're definitely clothing recolours, the filenames are in English, I even redownloaded some of them onto my laptop in case I'd somehow borked the ones my PC, but the tooltip tool is just skipping them. It's also not showing these files in the log. These Brony t-shirts are the one's I've tested twice, there are others that are being ignored but these were the easiest to find again.

Thank you for the report, I will take a look. Can't say when, computer still in the shop, being deborked, and got RL work. But definitely need to check this out.

Mad Poster
#61 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 1:44 PM
No problem, I've got pretty much everything all sorted and tidied now so I'm no rush. Also I had a peep at the recolour files that were giving me problems and it seems they don't actually have a text resource, which could be why they were skipped.
Instructor
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:45 PM
This program is fantastic. The only request I have is that we could search recursively in subfolders...My downloads are sorted in CAS, Buy Mode, Build Mode, etc..and if I could just set it to search all my CAS folders that would be golden.

Even if you do not get around to that, this program is still AMAZING and should be better known in the community. THANK YOU.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Mad Poster
#63 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:32 PM
After putting all my hair into about 300 separate folders, I have to agree that the ability to scan recursivly would be magic. This is still my number one favourite CC organisation tool though!
Instructor
#64 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Josepina : 11th May 2013 at 10:21 PM.
ignored ignored ignored how frustrating
Mad Poster
#65 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 11:27 PM
I haven't had that happen yet, but if I needed to find the files on the internet, I think would take a screencap of the item in question and post it as a WCIF. Or put the outfit on a sim, package them in Bodyshop to find the mesh, and see if the mesh filename is more informative than the recolour one.
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 3:30 PM
This program is a LIFESAVER. I was facing HOURS of fixing tooltips on 2500+ hair files in Wardrobe Wrangler when I just happened to google "sims 2 bulk tooltips" and found this. Everything worked great and all my files are nice and organized now in less than an hour. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:45 PM Last edited by gazania : 7th Sep 2013 at 10:41 PM.
Peculiar.

Before I went to WIn 7, my clothes got their tooltips via this program .... no problem. But since going to Win 7, I get the makeup and hair tooltips just fine, but no clothes. Not at all.

I did the trouble-shooting steps mentioned here, including making sure I did indeed change the file. The screen indicates the tooltips were changed, but alas! No tooltips. I do hope it's a really easy fix that was the result of a silly error when I did this. I did try several times.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM
Alright. I know this thread is crazy old, but I'm wondering if anyone else is using this successfully on Windows 7? I'm getting a "Debug Assertion Failed" message when I click on the C Drive to get to my files, like so:

If I click retry, the program stops responding:

Is something on my end causing this? I really wish I could get this tool working. I'm not seeing any kind of a text file being generated, just this error.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I unzipped and tried to run this and I am not able to drill down to the folder to select any files for the sims. when I click to select a folder the only options I get for the c drive is the folder that belongs to this program. I tried running in compatible mod for windows xp and did not change anything. Is this not compatible with windows 7 ? Is this not compatible with Ultimate Collection ? Any ideas ? I have never used this before so there is a good chance I am doing things wrong to begin with .
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 6th May 2015 at 6:36 PM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Josepina

I know this thread is really old, but I was having the same problem with "ignored" message- It was simply that I didn't have the 'change existing tooltip' box checked. this program is a life saver!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#72 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Josepina

You have to click the "change existing tooltips" or it will ignore files that already have tooltips.
The program is behaving like it's supposed to.

Windows 7 and later
Several folks report that my programs stop working with Windows 7 and later.
I'm able to still run some of them, but something must be different in newer windows, expecially 8.
I lost the code in a crash so can't update. If I find a workaround or figure out the problem, I'll post.

Instructor
#73 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:15 AM
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and it works fine for me.
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:11 PM
So there never was an update that removes ".package" part of the tooltip? And never will be? That's the only thing that bothers me, everything else is perfect! Thank you so much for this program, CatOfEvilGenius!
Instructor
#75 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 6:09 PM
I love it and it is really usefull. It's a very good idea.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Page 3 of 4