Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
All SimPE's source is for Microsoft VisualStudio 2005.
I added the source code for version 75.68.8 to the folder (http://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/) which is the non-T&A version of the source code that I currently have (version 75.68.7 was the last uploaded version).

Thanks, Chris!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 10:19 PM
Ok this is probably quite unimportant but it is a nuisance to me so maybe, if this would be an easy fix, you could do something about it in a future SimPE version?
when using the folder scanner to export/save results or disable/enable packages the filenames will all be shown/converted to lower case. It would be great if you could make it keep the original lower/uper case!
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 5:56 AM
I noticed that in the sim browser there is no longer a background colour difference to distinguish which sims has no character data or are unlinked, could that be re-added? Also, I wanted to request the power aspiration be added to the aspiration selection menu and freetime secondary aspiration selection menu, the value for the power aspiration is '0x08'. Lastly, with the family ties could something be added under the sim names distinguishing the 'Sim ID'? For example, Natasha Una's Sim ID is '0xF43A9920'. Thank you.
Scholar
#54 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:12 PM
The sim browser never did have a background colour difference, it had little coloured squares on the top left of the sim image to indicate NPC, Unlinked or No Character Data. Unfortunately when it adds those squares it darkens the sim's image a lot which I really don't like, the same information is clearly visible under the 'Available' column so I didn't see the point in keeping the little squares. I can and will add them back for EP/SPs below A&N (below A&N so I don't have it). SimPe's interpretation of Unlinked is very different to the game's interpretation so that information is unreliable and should just be considered as a guide.

Power aspiration is not nor has ever been a real aspiration, the game has no support for it in the UI, wants, want trees or want check trees. Until someone has some success at modding it in adding it to SimPE will encourage users to give it their sims and mess up their game. I tested it today and it does cause problems in game so I 'commented it out' in the code, If it ever does become a usable aspiration adding it back in will be very quick and easy.

I have never looked at the family trees since that is something that can seriously corrupt a neighbourhood I avoid using it. I have no doubt displaying either the sim's GUID or Neighbour ID will be doable. I will look into it.
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:55 AM
What UI files do I need to copy from 0.73 into 0.75 SimPE
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you have the UC, it's easiest to make it work with the 0.75f version Quaxi posted (with a tiny bit of UI fixing from the 0.73 version as said above), because I tried the 0.73 and 0.75b version and none of them wanted to have anything to do with the UC file paths on my Win10 system (and I tried everything I could think of). The 0.75f version worked like a charm, and I think the file paths were set up so linking them up was very easy..

Simmer22, please can you explain what you mean by UI files? I've read on several posts that you copied over some files from 0.73 to 0.75f and got 0.75 working with UC on Windows 10 (which is what I have) but seen no mention of what the files actually are! Many thanks in advance :-)
Scholar
#56 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 1:02 PM
Version 0.75.68 found on Post 25 has nothing missing.
Version 0.75f that Quaxi posted has a couple of things missing in the Data folder, they are hoods.xml and the entire plugins folder.
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 10:49 PM
Version 0.75.68 found on Post 25 has nothing missing.
Version 0.75f that Quaxi posted has a couple of things missing in the Data folder, they are hoods.xml and the entire plugins folder.

Thanks, but I see that from that post that Version 0.75.68 is for Angels & Nurses or higher, not M&G and lower and I have Ultimate Collection which only includes the Eaxis EPs and SPs - will 0.75.68 work with UC?
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
.75.68/69 both work for UC.

Thank you :-)
Forum Resident
#60 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 1:52 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Apr 2020 at 6:30 PM.
Does anyone else have any problems with files getting "stuck" in simpe? I open a file in simpe, close it and then file - new, but when I try to edit the file I just closed down in SimPE (rename, delete, move it between folders etc) I can't because explorer says it's still "used" by simpe. I constantly have to close down SimPE and open it up again just to be able to delete/move the files. I recently installed 0.75.68 and I feel like this happens a lot more than in the previous version I had (which was 0.73.44.37511). Is this something on my end or is it simpe? If the problem is on my end, any idea how to fix it? And if it's simpe, would it be possible to fix? It's starting to irk me having to restart SimPE every minute just to delete/move files haha :-( I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this, I felt like it may belong here?
Mad Poster
#61 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 2:31 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Apr 2020 at 2:47 PM.
Occasionally, but if it happens I either continue what I was doing and later do whatever I wanted to do with the file, or close down SimPE to get the file unstuck.

If you open SimPE and then open the file (or drag-and-drop the file into SimPE), this seems to be less likely to happen. It's usually the first file it gets stuck on if you use that file to open SimPE.

It also sometimes gets stuck on files you use to clone or recolor (especially the first and last one used), probably because Object Workshop is accessing the file for cloning/recoloring purposes and thinks it's still using the file.

Best tip for those files is to just make sure you're working from the folder you intend the files to be saved in, and name them properly either before opening, when saving (as new file, for instance when making recolors or mesh files with OW), or after you're closed SimPE. For deleting files, just do whatever you ned to do and delete the ones you don't want later (I tend to mark them in the filename of the file I want to keep with "save as..." and adding a clear marker it's the new version, or add in DELETE in the tooltip/text resource of the file I plan to delete (you can still do edits in SimPE to these files, just not delete/move the file or change the filename).

I think it's just a protective measure from either Windows or the program or a mix of both, so the file won't suddenly be unaccessible. It's annoying, but I'm not sure if you can do much about it other than to work around the problem. A lot of other programs have delete/edit protection on files currently in use.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 3:07 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Apr 2020 at 4:35 PM.
I usually do that as well, but not when I'm cleaning out my downloads folder (which I'm doing atm). I mainly use SimPE to view the content (see what the default is defaulting etc) and then delete the file if I don't want it or rename it so I don't have two defaults defaulting the same thing.

I always drag and drop the files (I'm lazy haha) but for me, most of the time it's the 5th-ish file which gets stuck. Object workshop on the other hand has never been the "problem" for me (though I have a pretty bad memory so I'm probably wrong).

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll try them out. I guess I have to change my way of using SimPE when cleaning out folders :p
Mad Poster
#63 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 11:58 PM
Forgot to say, but make sure you do "file --> New" or open an unrelated file before you delete files, or SimPE gets stuck on the current open file.
Scholar
#64 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 4:57 AM
In Extra > Preferences > Custom, select SimPE from the 'Custom Settings for' drop down and set 'Keep Files Open' to False.
That setting has the following description
When true, this improves performance by keeping "in use" files open. When false, files are closed at the earliest opportunity, releasing resources and allowing the files to be used by other programs.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 1:51 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 30th Apr 2020 at 4:27 PM.
In Extra > Preferences > Custom, select SimPE from the 'Custom Settings for' drop down and set 'Keep Files Open' to False.

This has so far worked amazingly. Thank you very much!
Alchemist
#66 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:39 PM
@Chris Hatch, SimPE 75.68 includes LotAdjuster and other tools, which I already have. What happens if I upgrade from 73.44 to the newer version? Do I need to uninstall them first? Do I uninstall the older SimPE, or just install the new one over the top?

Was thinking I couldn’t use your version because it says “not for M&G or lower”, but there’s HL’s comment indicating that it’s okay for UC. Is there a difference between M&G and UC for this? If so, it would be good to amend the info post to clarify.
Scholar
#67 Old 23rd May 2020 at 5:25 AM
You can install over the top, whatever you prefer. If you choose to use the self installer and install over the top it will delete your preferences and give you a clean start.

"Changes:
Version 0.75.68.1
For A&N or higher, not for M&G or below:
Defunct CEP disabled, will pass the system check without CEP now.
Blur Nudity option disabled."

'not for M&G or below' only applied to those features. Since those feature have since changed a little and prevent confusion I removed that from the post. Now it will fail the system check if the CEP is found and one or more sim stories but not Sim2 is installed or if A&N or T&A are installed. Just to be clear, the CEP and Blur Nudity are still fully supported for M&G or below.
Alchemist
#68 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:06 AM
You can install over the top, whatever you prefer.(...)
'not for M&G or below' only applied to those features.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#69 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 1:55 PM
I was recently working on a small tool for myself (and perhaps others) when I realised that SimPE doesn't have a load of loading a package from the command line (or via double clicking).  So I took it upon myself to download the source code Chris generously provided on SFS, and did a small modification.  It can now load package files directly when used with the -load switch.

@Chris Hatch - the source has been modified in the following way:

Line 66 of SimPE Main/Program.cs has been modified to the following:
Code:
                    if (argv.Count > 0)
                    {
                        if (argv[0] != "-load")
                        {
                            Global.package.LoadOrImportFiles(argv.ToArray(), true);
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            Global.package.LoadOrImportFiles(argv.ToArray(), false);
                        }
                    }

Lines 448 & 449 of SimPE Workspace Helper/LoadedPackage.cs has been modified to:
Code:
         if (names.Length==0) return;
            if (names.Length == 2 && names[0] == "-load")
            {
                if (System.IO.File.Exists(names[1])) this.LoadFromFile(names[1]);
                return;
            }
      if (!Loaded && !create) return;

If anybody is interested in the working exe + dll let me know.  I developed this purely for my own usage, since I open up a lot of different package files for different games, and it was annoying to have to load up SimPE seperately every time.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#70 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 6:32 AM
Thanks for that, I've added your changes to the source so all future updates will include the change, I guess I need to update the source next time I do update SimPE because what is currently here is a bit behind.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#71 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:30 AM
That would be great.  Took me a while to find the latest source code, so a newer version would be good!  If you need help or collaboration in fixing bugs/updating etc, let me know.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#72 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 12:47 PM
I don't know if it's on my end, but I recently downloaded the Ultimate Collection on origin. I am using the latest SimPE version posted here 75_69. My issue is, all the exe files seem to be missing in my install location, aside from Mansion and Garden. Only the TSData folders exist, and the TSBin folders are all missing (M&G is the only TSBin there). I am able to add the Mansion and Garden exe to SimPE. When I do I see all of the objects from every EP, all though when I go to recolor them and create the new package, the package is blank. I tried googling it, but nothing is coming up. I don't remember the TSBin folders being completely missing from the install locations. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?
Mad Poster
#73 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:14 PM
@Chris Hatch is your version of SimPE now unsupported? It no longer saves my settings, which makes it completely unusable because its default settings are completely FUBARed. Please respond if you are still able to support this program.
Scholar
#74 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 1:22 PM
It is supported but I don't have the UC so I can't test fixes to problems that are unique to the UC (sorry Synkka, I've been hoping someone with UC answers your problem). I have no idea why it won't save your settings (it does save mine), I can only suggest you try making a profile in SimPE with your settings and see if that saves and opens correctly.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#75 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 2:23 PM
The UC does not have an .exe for all EPs/SPs like the disk versions, it has just one for M&G. If you do the System Check, do NOT use the Fix option as it will not work and possibly will bork the folders.  You need to add each game directory manually in System Folders (preferences) if they are not correct.  SimPE does not need to "find" each .exe to be able to properly clone in UC.  If you have blank recolor packages it's possible you either don't have the CEP + Extras installed or that they are not listed in the File Table (preferences).
Page 3 of 9