Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:45 AM
I only tested with XP, and only with mp3 files. As for reviving an old thread,
it makes more sense to me to have all the q&a on one thread, rather than
scattered across the board. I subscribe to this thread, but only skim the
new messages.

Think I'll have a look. What resource did you start with from which file?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 3:06 PM
I'm trying to convert all of the .snr files to .wav

Can someone write a batch script to use with FFmpeg at all?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 6:10 PM Last edited by lenglel : 18th Feb 2011 at 2:26 AM. Reason: lack of progress report
I'm working on a program to do that, since I've got a folder full of files courtesy of s3pe.
I think it'll take me about a week. I have to figure out how to chain the codecs from my
c++ ui program.

...two weeks later: I still haven't started on this, maybe tomorrow.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:02 AM
Any progress on the tool?
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:49 PM
I have created a tool to easily decode The Sims 3 Sound Files, its on my website www.thesimswebsite.co.uk
Theorist
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nodavidno
I have created a tool to easily decode The Sims 3 Sound Files, its on my website www.thesimswebsite.co.uk

Thank you Is there a non-installer version?
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:09 PM
I can whip one up quickly, give me 10mins!
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:15 PM
Done, available on the same page. Just make sure the .exe is in the same place as the 'Resources' Folder.
Theorist
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:55 PM
Thank you! Will play around with it in a little bit.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 26th May 2011 at 6:08 AM
Okay, I've decoded snr files with id 5 (mp3) using ealayer3, but have yet to
encode one for use as a sound effect in game.

I'm using ealayer3.exe" -E %1 -o %1.snr in the batch file in attempting to encode
a file decoded with ealayer3, and I get an empty output file. Is anyone else working
on this?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#36 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
I'm using ealayer3.exe" -E %1 -o %1.snr in the batch file in attempting to encode
a file decoded with ealayer3, and I get an empty output file.

When you say empty, do you mean 0 bytes?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#37 Old 30th May 2011 at 7:13 PM
Yup, zero bytes. I replaced the games theme music (too pushy) and now I want to
add sound effects to use as events in custom animations.
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th May 2011 at 7:44 PM
How did you replace the theme? I can decode the music out but cannot convert from mp3 to snr-sns. How can we actually replace the game music?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:17 AM
see message #11 of this thread. strictly for sns resources, though.
I'm trying to figure out how to do the same with snr. I got the source
for ealayer3, but can't get it to compile
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:03 AM
I checked your post. Thanks for your help but now I seem to have a problem with the game crashing when the replaced audio is about to play. I made a new package with the same numbers but do I have to create the other small _AUD and AUDT files in that package too? Is that what I'm missing? It's confusing
Forum Resident
#41 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:52 PM
no, you only need one aud file in your default replacement package.
did you make sure your bitrate is correct? It should be fixed rate
128bps or lower, but not variable rate under any circumstances.
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:27 PM
The bitrate is 128kbps, Type,Group,Instance.. etc are all the same. But it does crash every time.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:55 PM
I can't seem to replace it and I really want to play The Sims 1 soundtracks the Sims 3. Can anyone make a package for me with The Sims Buy/build/neighborhood music? Coz I'm really out of ideas now.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 6:56 AM
You loaded both tracks in audacity and saved the new one over the original?
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 5:03 PM
Yes I did. The name and everything are the same like it should be. I can convert the replaced music to mp3 and listen to it too. So it looks correct.
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM
So I have worked out a way to add music to an existing station, instead of just replacing the existing songs. The problem is, I'm fairly certain it requires generating BOTH the .sns and the .snr file, otherwise the game will crash shortly after starting to play the song. Obviously, the .sns is encoded from an mp3 using ealayer3.exe, but is it possible to also generate the accompanying .snr?

I can confirm that it is something directly related to the .snr file, because the game did not crash when I simply renamed a song that I extracted from FullBuild1.package and re-added it to the playlist. Specifically, it's the 3 bytes that are in bold, as those are the ONLY 3 bytes that vary between SNR files.

Code:
05 04 AC 44 40 64 DF A8

Can anybody shed some light into what these 3 bytes signify? Once I can get past this last barrier, I'll be more than happy to do a full write-up of how to add new music to existing stations (and probably even write a program to do so).

Thanks.
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 1:12 PM
Can somebody send me a sample package file changing a game song? Maybe I should check it out to see my mistake if that works.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
I don't think so. They're big and bulky, and tend to contain copyrighted material. sorry
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 6:40 PM
Default TESTERS WANTED: s3pi AUDT 0x8070223D wrapper
Hello. For those of you researching in-game sounds and music, you'll be happy to know that I built a s3pi extension to process the Audio Tuner resources, AUDT 0x8070223D, by following the schema given on the wiki: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:0x8070223D

Attached to this post is a zip file containing the DLL plugin. All you have to do is put the DLL next to the S3PE executable in order to use it in S3PE to examine and modify the Audio Tuners. Please test it for me and let me know what you think of it.

I've also included the source code for the wrapper in case anyone wants to try to improve it, or in case any errors show up.

For those who don't know, the Audio Tuner resources are the ones that are usually called from the game scripts to play sounds, by functions including Sims3.SimIFace.Audio.StartSound("sting_sound_name_unhashed").

Also, all the modders here need to get their hands on the Gothique Library's Book of Spells from The Sims 3 Store. It actually contains its own AUD 0x01A527DB and AUDT 0x8070223D resources, along with its own S3SA, JAZZ, CLIP, and even SWB resources, so it could possibly be used as a way of testing them. I also think it's the first time the EAxoids have put such a complex object in the store.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  s3piextension.AudioResources.zip (13.6 KB, 210 downloads) - View custom content
Description: DLL and Source Code for s3pi AUDT 0x8070223D wrapper
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 11:22 PM
The AUDT Wrapper works fine. I've successfully removed all the UI mouse-click sounds with it, so my UI is silent. There are several AUDTs that I've found that cannot be read, these are ambience sounds of some kind. There are 9 of these titled amb_birds_allday, etc., and the ambiencemanager, base_ambience; one titled modifiers and some others titled layer_blahblah.

I'm wondering if you know what all the info means when looking at these. The Entry Type choices: AUD, or UNK2 or 3, or Bool, what are these doing or referring to? And the RepCode and RepSize? Is there info posted somewhere which defines and explains all these, or possibly info from the Sims2 which would apply to some extent?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Page 2 of 6