Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:45 PM
WCIF No Starvation Mod?
Hey there,

so, one of the conditions to die is hunger being below -99. I wonder if there is a mod which removes this condition, e.g., Sims cannot die from hunger only.

It's annoying that my prisoners starve so much that they become too stupid to get food from the fridge 1 tile away from them and rather just complain about being hungry, until they keel over and die.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 4:25 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:04 PM
Oh thanks, that was fast! How could I miss that one...
However, I tried it, and it seems like my Sims can all still starve when waking up from sleep and their hunger meter having gone down completely. In fact, when they fall asleep, you can see it decreasing further than the visible 95%. I guess there's nothing more extreme to prevent this aswell?

I ensure I have no conflicts, removed all other mods for testing.
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 2:06 AM
@PacMani, it sounds like you want to prevent hunger levels from going below a certain level. Maybe try BoilingOil's Need Freak?

Since you mentioned you're having problems with your prisoners, you might also want to check out Inge's Institutional Canteen Servery (http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...tionGeneral.htm), which serves mush and you can set it to open & close the buffet automatically so you don't have to remember to feed anyone. Also, in Inge's prison system set (http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Prison.htm), the prisoner token and main controller has an option to feed the prisoner, which summons an instant meal--handy in emergency situations.

(Note: Assigning the prisoner token will also assign the custom prisoner memory to the sim. It's a bad memory, obviously, and sims should get upset by it. I know I didn't like the memory's text, so I'm giving a warning. You can change the text, though, by editing the catalog description of the memory file in simPE).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:07 AM
Wow, those prisoner mods sound amazing, just like what I needed. I guess I no longer have to create invisible servos preparing meals for each cell. Will test it out right now and reply back if I have any troubles.