Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
You must do a greeting 4-5 times before your sim learns it. I think they know AL gestures but do not perform them automatically. Only when you direct your sim greet them they will do it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:13 AM
If the vampire has a daytime hack, though, the AL fix wouldn't be a big deal, correct? My vampires sometimes don't like the idea of going out in the daytime, but the sun doesn't hurt them, at least. So if you have the daytime hack, I would think you wouldn't have to worry about #12.

While I use a couple of Carrigon mods, one did cause the "sleepover" and "stay the night" choices on my menu to disappear, so I had to remove the mod (can't remember which one now... it was some time ago). So I use Carrigon mods very cautiously now. Then again, I suppose you should always be careful that mods don't overwrite anything in the game that you don't want overwritten.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:14 AM
My sims aren't even getting the option to do the vacation greetings though. They aren't showing up in their 'gestures' menu.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:30 AM
Are they not trying? Because I don't think you can make them practice; I think until they learn it's autonomous only.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:39 AM
Only the locals are doing the gestures. My sims are oblivious.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:10 AM
Your Sims have to return a greeting when a local makes the gesture towards them - that's how they learn it in my game. Then they have to practise it until they get it right. I quite love the way the stupid way they make these gestures while learning them
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Your Sims have to return a greeting when a local makes the gesture towards them - that's how they learn it in my game. Then they have to practise it until they get it right. I quite love the way the stupid way they make these gestures while learning them

How do they return it?
Inventor
#33 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How do they return it?

You can do a Bon Voyage greeting with another Sim by clicking on that Sim and clicking Gestures. You'll see the five Apartment Life gestures plus any BV gestures that some other Sim has tried on your Sim. Like if your Sim goes to Twikki Island and one of the islanders does the Hang Loose greeting with her, she'll see Hang Loose under the gesture; just do it right back at the islander or any other Sim who happens to be hanging around.

After a Sim does a BV gesture (Bow, Hang Loose or Chest Pound) five times, he or she masters it and won't screw it up anymore. Mastering a BV gesture is worth a vacation memento (even if your Sim isn't on vacation at the time), and these gestures are also good for some easy relationship points; Sims who react negatively to a BV greeting seem to be pretty rare.

> likes listening to women do the Chest Pound, especially when they do that very high-pitched yodeling along with it. :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:42 AM
Yeah, that is my problem. It never shows up under gestures, even when I've seen them doing it.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:07 PM
Then something is wrong Charity. If someone has done the greeting to them once, it should show up in their menu and they should be able to perform it. First poorly, then half-well, and then well, depending on how many times they've done it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:28 PM
Well whatever it is having AL Fixes in doesn't fix it, so it can't be the problem mentioned.

No locals seem to use the chest pound as an actual greeting lol. They walk past and do it on the way; they don't actually stop and do it with anyone. Time to go hack free and see if another one is affecting it.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
If a Sim that has not mastered the gesture does it to another Sim, the other Sim won't pick up on it. They will only pick up gestures from Sims that have mastered the gesture, then they need to practice with other Sims that know the gesture. I usually use the "Light one candle" principle and once a local gestures one of my Sims, I keep having them pester other locals until he or she masters it. Then he/she can do it with their family members or on other tourists, and once he/she gets home they do it to every friend that attends their party. Soon 40% of the neighborhood knows the gesture.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:35 PM
OMGWTFBBQ. *insert random cursing here* If I hadn't taken out any hacks that would have enabled me to perform a group slaughter then there would have been mass murder in Three Lakes! My sim included.

Taking out all hacks to test was a horrible idea. Between the errors whining about the custom food I no longer had and the entire hotel protest of townies whining about a broken hotel door that they couldn't get in (and I couldn't fix because I had no batbox). From the stupid townies still refusing to greet my sim with a local gesture to my asshole sim getting me hopeful every time he got a townie's face in his queue and all he wanted was for someone else to reject him because he had the super duper hug bug!

Give me my hacks back! I no longer care if my sim is the reject of the town!
Mad Poster
#39 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:14 PM
OMGWTFBBQ. *insert random cursing here* If I hadn't taken out any hacks that would have enabled me to perform a group slaughter then there would have been mass murder in Three Lakes! My sim included.

Taking out all hacks to test was a horrible idea. Between the errors whining about the custom food I no longer had and the entire hotel protest of townies whining about a broken hotel door that they couldn't get in (and I couldn't fix because I had no batbox). From the stupid townies still refusing to greet my sim with a local gesture to my asshole sim getting me hopeful every time he got a townie's face in his queue and all he wanted was for someone else to reject him because he had the super duper hug bug!

Give me my hacks back! I no longer care if my sim is the reject of the town!
Maybe one hack at a time? Sorry for the confusion in your game, but it is really funny
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:31 AM
Bump, as I found this while wandering around.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8104.0

About halfway down there's a fix for the love potion.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:50 AM
Above or below the Free time cars, I can't find it. I did grab tinkering skills mechanical though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:19 AM
Thanks for reviving this and reminding me to upload the physiology fix. I tested it, I just need to figure out some kind of picture for the thread and it's good to go.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 6:19 AM
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....4.0;attach=8129

Direct link.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Thanks for reviving this and reminding me to upload the physiology fix. I tested it, I just need to figure out some kind of picture for the thread and it's good to go.

An exercising sim should do it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:12 AM
Thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#45 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 9:41 PM
On this topic, I got 'round to pulling ALfixes and running with the physiology mod--that's fine and all.

What isn't fine is that ALfixes apparently is the fix for the EA crossed GUID with the neighborhood buildings, where the one from (I think) NL is overwritten by the one from AL. Anyone got another fix for that? It's cosmetic, not game-breaking, but I like the NL building better . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:23 PM
Oh I've seen a fix for that somewhere. Try asking in WCIF.

ETA: Related to ALFixes. I don't have M&G, so it might have been fixed with that, but I get pets erroring on return from work at some levels without ALFixes. (I've mentioned this in another thread but thought I'd say so here as well.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:06 AM
I have M&G, so it may very well have been fixed with that.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
I have M&G, so it may very well have been fixed with that.

Nope. I'm running the UC and it's an issue. The big round building and the smaller rectangular building.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Undead Molten Llama
#49 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:24 AM
I think the fix on this page:http://n99forumpaks.jfade.com/index...ory=4&subcat=11 will fix that, Sunbee. It's the last thing on the page. I think that's the mod I have, and the issue is fixed in my game, wherein I do not have ALFixes.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Nope. I'm running the UC and it's an issue. The big round building and the smaller rectangular building.

Sorry, didn't make it clear. I meant the pets erroring when returning from work.
Page 2 of 6