Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2021 at 11:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Will this laptop run TS3?
Hi, this is my first post here so I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this. I looked around but this was the only forum that seemed appropriate.
Anyway, I need a new laptop, as I'm going to college soon and currently only have a Chromebook on its last legs.
I play TS3 on my desktop PC (I'm not exactly sure how to find all the specs, nor what brand it is, but it's got an Intel Core i7-7700 processor and 16GB of RAM) and it runs the game pretty much perfectly. I have a ton of Store content and a solid amount of Nraas mods, play on high graphics settings, and though I get some script errors every time I play, some seconds-long "hangs" and the very occasional crash to desktop, it's otherwise smooth as butter.
Unfortunately, that PC has some serious Internet connectivity issues, and is also, well, a desktop PC. It's probably not feasible for me to bring it to college, and either way I still need a laptop.
It's really important to me that whatever laptop I get runs The Sims 3 well.
I saw this laptop recommended on a different site, and it really looks like it might be able to do it, as well as all the other stuff I need it to do.
It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3000, and as I can order it with custom specs, I'd get the Intel i3-1005G1 Non-Touch processor, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB SSD.
Would this be able to run TS3 without too much of an issue? I have all EPs but I don't always play with them all enabled. I have a pretty significant amount of store content, but I can always pare it down a little. I play with a lot of Nraas mods, specifically ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, StoryProgression, Careers, Woohooer, Relativity, Traveler, Decensor, and Porter.
Thanks in advance, and again sorry for any mistakes/faux pas in regards to posting this.