Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 9:01 PM
A must have with this game, thanks for making it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM
Most helpful, most appreciated. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:42 AM
Any word on this with patch 2.0?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:52 PM
I loved this mod.. It's killing me to have to go back to normal patrols since this mod stops you from being able to patrol in 2.0. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 4:04 AM
Honestly, I haven't played this game in months.

If someone wants to take over maintaining this feel free.
If not, I'll see if I can get to it this week some time.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 12:39 PM
This is Arglaar's mod with the +50 loyalty change and the flat 1 hour on patrol time, for the 2.0.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BetterPatrols-Shim20-50.rar (4.2 KB, 853 downloads) - View custom content

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:09 PM
Can't seem to get the above to work since updating to 2.0. The patrol option has simply disappeared from the dialogue tree.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:48 PM
The original Arglaar mods in message #1 don't work with the 2.0. My remake of the one flavour, posted immediately above your message, should work fine with the 2.0.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 3:53 AM
@Shimrod101 +50 loyalty change is kinda too much in my opinion, 25 or 10 should be enough but i couldn't open the package in S3PE to change it
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 2:36 PM
Can I ask, what happens if a land goes into the red?
Instructor
#36 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 8:37 PM
Rebellion!
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:36 AM
Any chance of the getting the updated 2.0 version with lower patrol values than 50, please?
Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 6:39 PM
sorry for this stupid ques but when can i patrol.....i have a monarch and a spy.I tried clicking on the ship but only option comes patrol high seas and when i click on forest only option is patrol forest.No option like "patrol road to..".Can somebody PLEASE help
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM
rishav100, there are 3 places that one can patrol from: forest, market, and port. each country can only be patrolled from one of those places (ex: the 2 islands can only be patrolled from the port). it sounds like the only places you can patrol to are from the market.
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:05 PM
i tried.....but there are absolutely no such option to do so....either at the village shoppe or the dock or the forest...

i only have the starting two territories and i also have the knight now
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:17 PM
oh im sorry about that. it sounds like a glitch i might have had, which means its time to mod play. meaning, take out all the mods you have in your package folder and put them somewhere safe but leave the patrol mod and then play your game to see if the options pop up. if they do then you know another mod is interfering with the patrol mod and more swapping is needed. do you have the "store seeds in larder" mod? ive heard that mod messes with other mods.
Scholar
#42 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rishav100
i tried.....but there are absolutely no such option to do so....either at the village shoppe or the dock or the forest...

i only have the starting two territories and i also have the knight now

It sounds like you might be using the original version of the better patrols mod by Arglaar. I know that stops the patrol option from showing at all since the pre-P&N patch.
If you do have it, remove it and the patrols will work again.
If you want a better patrols mod, then Shimrod has one that will work with that patch and with P&N.
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 3:48 AM
Since the original mod in the first post doesn't work with the latest patched version anymore and the updated version is by another creator on the second page, could a mod perhaps edit the first post to include the updated version, or at least put a note saying the mod in the first post is outdated and for downloaders to look further in the thread for the update? Most people will assume an update would be edited into the original post since it's customarily the mod author who updates their own work so a lot of people will download the old version and then wonder why they no longer get patrol options.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:17 AM
I tried removing the mods folder and the resource.cfg file.THE OPTION STILL DOES NOT APPEAR!

P.S.i have a very outdted version of the game
Instructor
#45 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:33 AM
*Facepalm*
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 7:11 AM Last edited by rishav100 : 21st Dec 2011 at 7:45 AM.
does the patrol version appear in later versions of the game??cause i am patching it now anyway

Edit:patched the game and the option appeared.....gonna try the better patrols now....

Thanks for the help
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:58 AM
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:52 AM
Default help
How do i get this to work?
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 12:56 PM
Excellent mod. Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 10:40 PM Last edited by rawmilk905 : 21st Jun 2020 at 11:23 PM.
I know lots of time has passed, but I think a version that calculates the shift based on hero level would be really good. This would make maintaining territories still challenging in the beginning, but less of a chore later on. Maybe you'd start with the 5 point shift that the unmodded game gave us at level 1, and offer an additional point, or 2 points or 5 points per hero level. It would make sense that experience would make the patrols more efficient, and the mod would feel less cheaty and more like a reward for leveling your characters. It would add a decision making element as well. Do I send my level 1 knight I just added to get the experience, or my level 12 monarch to quell the situation more effectively? Perhaps the original range of 1 to 2 hours for a patrol could be restored as well, as that would likely vary XP gains from patrols, which seem to be timed.
Page 2 of 3