Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:31 AM Last edited by MoonGurl : 11th May 2021 at 3:43 AM. Reason: Clarify mouse button problem
Default TS 3/4 Camera Newbie Question - is mine broken?
Hi everyone, thank you for your time in reading my question.

Baby simmer here, started playing May of last year. I've only played TS4, which makes my knowledge less as well.
I did search the help forum and other communities on ModTheSims, and the latest post I can find is from 2018, and none seem to answer my question.

So here is my question. In live mode and build mode:

My TS3 camera righthand mouse button (default RH windows setup) has pan (where you move it to look around the neighborhood).
My TS3 center wheel has tilt up/down/spin on click / hold, and zoom in / out on scroll.
But my TS3 left hand mouse button--the main mouse button, is DEAD, with the exception of choosing clickable objects and interacting with them. No clicking / dragging to move the camera view around.

So, main mouse button; in order to get an item into view to select it, I must RH click and use the pan function, then center wheel scroll to zoom in.

In order to click / drag to move view around with the main mouse button, I must switch the camera over to the TS4 camera.

Is this by design, or is my camera broken?

If by design, it is beyond aggravating, so appreciate any mod suggestion which fixes it. I already have the Buckley mod to reduce drag.

If it is broken, steps to fix it are most appreciated.

So far, I have repaired the game (each time new patch came out since May 2020), and used multiple save files, some for the sole purpose of testing this out, and some where no mods / CC have been activated while using that save file.

Kindest thanks for educating me on this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2021 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoonGurl
Hi everyone, thank you for your time in reading my question.

Baby simmer here, started playing May of last year. I've only played TS4, which makes my knowledge less as well.
I did search the help forum and other communities on ModTheSims, and the latest post I can find is from 2018, and none seem to answer my question.

So here is my question. In live mode and build mode:

My TS3 camera righthand mouse button (default RH windows setup) has pan (where you move it to look around the neighborhood).
My TS3 center wheel has tilt up/down/spin on click / hold, and zoom in / out on scroll.
But my TS3 left hand mouse button--the main mouse button, is DEAD, with the exception of choosing clickable objects and interacting with them. No clicking / dragging to move the camera view around.

So, main mouse button; in order to get an item into view to select it, I must RH click and use the pan function, then center wheel scroll to zoom in.

In order to click / drag to move view around with the main mouse button, I must switch the camera over to the TS4 camera.

Is this by design, or is my camera broken?

If by design, it is beyond aggravating, so appreciate any mod suggestion which fixes it. I already have the Buckley mod to reduce drag.

If it is broken, steps to fix it are most appreciated.

So far, I have repaired the game (each time new patch came out since May 2020), and used multiple save files, some for the sole purpose of testing this out, and some where no mods / CC have been activated while using that save file.

Kindest thanks for educating me on this.

You have to turn on edge scrolling in your camera options. Its where your mouse will move your screen when moving to the edge of the screen, no clicking required!