Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
This was a lovely entry, however, your headshot is giving me an "Image Not Available" message. Please edit it in.

try refreshing, it works fine for me :/

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:47 AM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj
try refreshing, it works fine for me :/
It's not working for me... Could you try using a different image post or just re-linking it? Sometimes if you move the picture to a different folder, it changes the link.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 1:24 AM
can u see it now?

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 1:53 AM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:50 PM.
can u see it now?
I can!! Thank you very much xx

Mad Poster
#30 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Dreamydre : 13th Dec 2011 at 6:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
EDIT2: Never mind, mods decided that it's ok to use pay/donation CC in the contests when the host hasn't stated otherwise

Okay, got it! Wasn't trying to be complicated, just needed the clear-up.

I'm not an Indian myself just happen to made an indian sim :P

It's funny because after reading your entry I thought you were from India until I read this You have incredible insight of Indian customs, and Leelavathi is stunning, those eyes!!!

I added the group to my signature, in hopes of getting more people to join.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:21 AM
There is ONE MORE JUDGE SPOT OPEN and more Emergency judge spots to fill, so if you don't think you can commit to being a contestant, consider being an Emergency Judge!

Forum Resident
#32 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:02 AM
Aww that kind of bought a tear to my eye seeing an indian model. My Aunts funeral was today and they done an idian prayer (she married an indian)

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#33 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:13 AM
After a reading of the rules, my final decision is that pay CC is acceptable- whether it's from the Sims Store or not. I think the MTS site rule is that uploads of houses/Sims/etc. cannot have pay CC that must be downloaded to use the object. For this contest, I will accept any kind of CC, as I don't think it really gives any one person an advantage over another.

Really? I was always under the impression that all contests should follow site rules which (I think) say you're not allowed to have pay cc in any pics...maybe I'm wrong (I'm too lazy and tired to go check) but it might be worth checking with Heaven before everybody loads their pics with pay cc.

Edit: Aww, Kayla, sorry to hear that *hugs*

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#34 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Elexis : 13th Dec 2011 at 2:06 PM.
Absolutely! As long as you made her yourself and she represents a country, this is definitely fine.

Aww, that's so nice, but I Ngluvjj was faster than me and now I need to choose another country
Are country "reservations" allowed?

EDIT:
Another question, can we enter for a country which is the federal subject in another country?

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#35 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
I don't think I have anything other than payed cc
Really? I feel for your crappily-outfitted sims.

But in seriousness this time, we don't have a ban on pay CC in contests, unless the host says so. Was just confusion.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:50 PM
Wow this seems really good! Can I have a save spot? Oh and I'm sorry if I ask, but english is not my mother language, so I would like a little bit more explanation about heritage! =) in the application round: "A Brief Description of your Heritage:" and the "Question: Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world? 3-10 sentences"
Also, does the creative shot have to represent the country? =) and one last thing xD In case I can get a free spot, my country would be Italy !
Theorist
#37 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 1:10 PM
Might join,but I'm not sure I can post my entries very soon. Is it okay to reserve countries?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:41 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 14th Dec 2011 at 9:19 PM. Reason: additions
Name: Cecile Clarke
City & Country of Birth: Paris, France
A Brief Description of Your Heritage: My mother is French, my father is English. I was born in France but was raised in England for 10 years until they divorced. I have been living in Paris since I was 12.
A Short Bio: Education has been my main goal since moving back to France. High School at first and then I studied Art History at university. My parents were so proud though I think they would have preferred me to have settled for a 'sensible' career as after graduating I found myself drawn to a Fashion Design course. Since completing that I have been working for a small fashion house in Paris, mainly setting up for shows and some basic design. I hope to work my way up to being a fully-fledged designer. I met Christophe at a show. He is a good friend and also a photographer. He takes pictures of everything. He took some of me, showed them to some contacts and the next thing I know is that I'm being asked to apply. I wasn't sure at first - after all, I'm not a model but I couldn't turn down the chance to represent my country.
What do you love about your country? Wow, where do I start? It is a country rich in culture and tradition where the ancient blends in with the ultra modern. A long and colourful history has developed a nation of people who embrace their heritage and are proud to share it with the rest of the world. The people are - well 'joie de vivre' is a French term for a reason. They live life to the fullest, are very family-orientated and are more concerned with quality rather than quantity. I love 'Cafe Culture' - there's nothing better than relaxing outside a cafe, coffee (or tea- the English part of me reappears sometimes) in hand, watching the world go by. I like to imagine the lives of the people I see - one day I might even write down some of my stories. With Paris being one of the world's fashion capitals it is very stylish and I was taught that creativity is inspired by observing people - in which case I should make an excellent designer! Mustn't forget the food and drink too!
A: I believe I was chosen as I am not a model. Sounds silly, I know but I see this role as being more of an ambassador for my country, particularly in the arts and fashion areas. These two areas, for me, represent the ancient blending with the modern. I hope that people will see that a hard working, educated woman, dedicated to her profession has an inner beauty which I want to shine. Originality is vital in my job so though I may not be a model by profession I don't see it as an impediment. I'm sure I have a lot to learn from my fellow contestants and am keen to take in every moment on this journey. After all, the contest is short lived but the role of Miss World, for the winner, is a whole year of adventure. I think I have shown that it's a journey I would take very seriously and my enthusiasm for my country and for the role itself will present France very favourably.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Creative Shot
Mad Poster
#39 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Dreamydre : 16th Dec 2011 at 8:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
We don't have a ban on pay CC in contests, unless the host says so. Was just confusion.

Thank-

Really? I feel for your crappily-outfitted sims.

Oi. Administrator or not, you can keep your snide remarks to yourself.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
The other one
#40 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:41 PM
we don't have a ban on pay CC in contests, unless the host says so. Was just confusion.

/me eats her words :p

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#41 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:12 PM
Wow, really tempted to do this, but I'm still kinda new to the whole 'posebox' thing in TS3. XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:23 PM
But in seriousness this time, we don't have a ban on pay CC in contests, unless the host says so. Was just confusion.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Might join,but I'm not sure I can post my entries very soon. Is it okay to reserve countries?
Aww, that's so nice, but I Ngluvjj was faster than me and now I need to choose another country
Are country "reservations" allowed?
Yes, that's fine. Let me know what country you'd like, but you should decide quickly! And if you can, try to choose countries that are in areas of the world we haven't seen yet. This won't be much fun if it's just Asia's Next Top Model

Another question, can we enter for a country which is the federal subject in another country?
I'm going to have to say no to this, since we're looking for very strong cultural areas. Somewhere like Puerto Rico wouldn't have the same kind of idea.

Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
Anyway this is a picture of my sim Cecile Clarke. Her mother is French and her father English. She studied at the Sorbonne and lives in Paris so will be representing (hopefully) France.
Thanks for your entry! Just don't forget to fill out the form and answer the question! I'll add you to the main page.

Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
Oi. Moderator or not, you can keep your snide remarks to yourself.
Alright, children, play nicely!

Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
Wow, really tempted to do this, but I'm still kinda new to the whole 'posebox' thing in TS3. XD
You should do it anyway! You'll still have fun and we can always use more contestants!

Forum Resident
#43 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:23 PM
Is the bathing suit/ underwear picture ment to be on plain back ground or what?

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:26 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:51 PM. Reason: RULE CHANGE
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
Is the bathing suit/ underwear picture ment to be on plain back ground or what?
It should be against a plain white/grey background. The body just must be clearly visible. Think of this as a Victoria's Secret Modelling resumé- you want the focus to be you not the backdrop.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:27 PM
Just a question =) Is adding fonts (small words) on pics allowed? =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by waterjay
Just a question =) Is adding fonts (small words) on pics allowed? =)
Under normal circumstances, no. I will specify when special types of editing, including this, are allowed.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:31 PM
Lol Before my country gets stolen xD I'll have Italy! <3
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#48 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 8:51 PM
Since we can't use Federal Districts as countries then I choose Russia as whole (lol)
But bear in mind that there's a lot of ethnicity groups in Russia, so I would like to know if I'm allowed to chose one very specific? I mean it's hard to represent the whole country if the rest half of people look very different there.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:08 PM
Default Applicant: Eleonora Fonte
Name: Eleonora Fonte

City and Country of Birth:
Florence, Italy

Brief Description of Heritage: I'm 100% Italian, pure pure!

Short Bio: Hello, I'm Eleonora Fonte, but everyone calls me Ele! I'm 22 years old, and according to what others say, I'm a cheerful and friendly person! Sometimes I also get defined as crazy, but I beleive everyone of us has a little bit of crazyness trapped inside,no?
I won miss Teenager Italia back in 2006, and it was such a wonderful experience! I got enticed by my friends and family to participate in Miss Mondo Italia, the competition that chooses an Italian Beauty representative for Miss World, and guess what? I won that too! haha, that's why I'm here afterall!

What do you love about your country? Well I must say, absolutely everything! But two things in particular are food and art! Italian food is really something that other countries envy, it has always been tried to get copied, but no one succeeded in recreating the traditionnal taste of homemade pasta, or the simplicity of our pizza!
And, do I really have to talk about Art? Leonardo da Vinci says it all! And our floating city, Venice! The amazing Tower of Pisa! All this makes of Italy an artistic and solid country, and I really feel I'm lucky to be born here!

Why do you believe you were chosen to represent your country in the Miss World competition, and what image of your heritage do you wish to present to the rest of the world?
Italy is for sure, a country admired worldwide. However, I want to proove that Italy is not only what stands behind the Monalisa. Italy goes way farther than that! My country is not only about food and culture, and fashion, but it's also about Humanity, and Peace. And I think I have what it takes to do it, the world will discover a new Italy through my character, and my heritage really helps in realizing that; since I'm nothing but Italian!

Headshot

Bodyshot

Creative Shot: Eleonora Fonte, As a gladiator, while wearing the italian flag.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:16 PM Last edited by lipglosschaos : 17th Dec 2011 at 4:52 PM.
Since we can't use Federal Districts as countries then I choose Russia as whole (lol)
But bear in mind that there's a lot of ethnicity groups in Russia, so I would like to know if I'm allowed to chose one very specific? I mean it's hard to represent the whole country if the rest half of people look very different there.
This is a good point, but I stand by the fact that your model has to represent its own country. Otherwise we could have two people from Russia! You could make your model a mix of both ethnic groups, that would help, or just choose the largest ethnic group.

Page 2 of 8