Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 6:12 PM
Default Europe - Ireland - Colleen O'Reilly
Top o' the mornin', MTS! Please meet Colleen.

Name: Colleen O'Reilly
Continent: Europe

Point of interest: Trad night is short for traditional music night. It is common for both local and urban Irish pubs to host these informal events, also known as pub sessions.
A pub session (seisiún in Gaelic) refers to playing traditional Irish music and singing in the relaxed social setting of a pub, in which the music-making is intermingled with conversation and the consumption of ale, stout, and beer.
Performers sing and play popular, traditional Irish songs and use instruments such as the fiddle, accordion, concertina, flute, Uilleann pipes (complex bagpipes), banjo, guitar, mandolin, bodhrán, and harp.
Wherever in Ireland there is a trad night at a pub, there is sure to be fun, fellowship, and laughs (or craic, as the Irish might say).

(I will gladly post CC used in making this Sim over in the chat thread)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:22 PM
That is one cool bar :D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 8:58 AM
I hope she's good enough! ^^;;

Name: Emma van den Broek
Country and continent: The Netherlands, Europe

Point of interest: Vincent van Gogh, Adriaan van Ostade and Rembrandt van Rijn are just few of the many amazing artists living in the Netherlands. Not only that, but there are also many art galleries in the Netherlands as well! Many people in the Netherlands also work as artists, and the beautiful scenery in the Netherlands makes great inspiration for painting.
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 8:56 PM Last edited by morgaroni : 19th Apr 2013 at 8:57 PM. Reason: forgot to say to who..
Default Sorry Bro
Dude, you have pay cc. That sucks for you, you should be disqualifed soon...
EDIT: This is about the french girly.
#30 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 6:03 PM
Sim's name: Indriyana Citra Liliasari

Continent: Asia

Point of interests:
Right on April 21st, Indonesians celebrate Kartini's Day; a day to remind a female national heroine who has brought native women to take further education and obtain rights as men do when Indonesia continent was part of Dutch colonization. This special day celebrated by women and men in all provinces wearing traditional clothing (predominantly kebaya for women, koko for men, usually with batik pattern) to represent each province.

Indriyana, wearing blue kebaya, performs Jaipong dance in national art and culture gallery. Jaipong, is a musical performance genre of the Sundanese people in West Java. There was a ban on western music in 1961, in thought of western music would bring bad influences to young generations. With the ban, government told the public to return and revive music from the past. The creator of Jaipong music, created a genre of music that would revive the musical interests of the past and added sexual undertones and a sense of elegance. Jaipong gained popularity instantly because it was a completely non-western form of music that the government accepted and promoted to be taught to people of all generations. It had all values of traditional Sundanese music to appeal the older generations, that also had energy, vibrancy, and sexuality to appeal younger generations. The sexual nature of the songs was taken from the idea of prostitution, and was then elevated in order to make it a more elegant, civilized part of art. This broke gender barriers because it changed the way in which men and women interacted. Jaipong was also based on the life of the lower class and elevated their stories and struggles. Jaipong allowed people to see themselves in the music and feel as if they were a part of their culture.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:42 PM Last edited by boycey247 : 3rd May 2013 at 5:53 PM.
Default England/the UK
Name of my Sim: Charlotte Smith
Country, Continent: England/the UK, Europe

The UK's history and culture is riddled with fascinating figures, mysteries, legends and myths that I'm sure you'd love to hear about. However, I won't be larking on about any of that twoddle today because I'd like to tell you about the UK as it stands today. There's no point living in the past, s'what I say!

Some people (including those who actually live in the bloody country) get a bit confused by the differences between the UK, Britain and Great Britain. To clarify, the UK is made up of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland; Britain is only England and Wales and Great Britain is made by England, Wales and Scotland.
(Although personally I don't think there's anything so great about Scotland that calls for it to actually add 'Great' to the name of any bloody nation it decides to join the party with...)

^ A typical girls secondary school uniform, perhaps she might be wearing the tie and shirt a bit more loose than the teachers might like, but hey-ho.. ^
The school system in the UK is very different to that of a country such as the US, children start at the age of 4 in nursery and move onto reception a year later. Reception is the start of primary education, and from reception they move up to Year 1 and leave for secondary school at the end of Year 6. Secondary school starts in Year 7 and ends at the age of 16 in Year 11 where they can choose to go onto Sixth Form, which is Years 12-13.
Fun Fact: It's not a typically British name, but Mohammed (with all the different spellings of it added up) is actually one of the most, if not the most popular boy names in the UK currently. Although Harry, Jack and Oliver are also top names.

Cheerio!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:43 AM
Default Oceania - USA - Leilani Mahaulu
Name: Leilani Mahaulu

Continent: Oceania

Point of Interest:
The hula began as a way to worship the gods, most notably, Pele. In Polynesian mythology, Pele is the goddess of fire, lightning, wind, and volcanoes.
In olden days, the hula was danced only by men, but after the Westernization of Hawaii, the hula has been performed by both men and women.
Today, the hula dance has two different versions: hula kahiko (the ancient hula) and the hula ‘auana (the modern hula).
Hula kahiko is an energetic hula dance that is accompanied not by music, but only by chants and percussion instruments (such as seed-filled gourds and bamboo sticks, pahu drums, and rock castanets).
The modern hula ‘auana features graceful movements, and it is often accompanied by ukulele and steel guitar music.

And on an interesting cultural diversity sidenote, one unique aspect of Hawaii’s demography is that no one ethnic group makes up the majority of the state’s population. Over a third of the island residents, in fact, are of mixed races.

(I will gladly list CC used in creating this Sim over in the chat thread)
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 10:07 PM
i've got a q: does era matter or does the sim have to be from the 21st century? there's a nationality i'd like to use but their culture greatly changes in such a short time-span (as in they're one thing in 1888 and another in 1988).
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#34 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:35 AM
Sorry guys. missroxor is away but well and I've rather neglected the thread. I'll read through all of them tomorrow and get back to anyone I need to. Thanks for being patient!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#35 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 7:47 PM Last edited by heaven : 26th Apr 2013 at 8:14 PM.
I'm getting to all the entries now and working on the table. I'll try to answers any questions I see.

Quote: Originally posted by PlayinSafe
Great entries, everyone!

Now time for the goofy question of the day: If a pay hair has a retexture and the retexture is a free download, is that free retexture hair acceptable for CC?

The original object/hair needs to be free for it to be considered a free item, same as with the upload policy. Hair retextures of pay items, TSR Featured Artist objects, etc are all considered pay items.

Quote: Originally posted by morgaroni
Dude, you have pay cc. That sucks for you, you should be disqualifed soon...
EDIT: This is about the french girly.

What French girl? We have a French guy. And lots of girls, some from Europe but no French girls.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
#36 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I'm getting to all the entries now and working on the table. I'll try to answers any questions I see.

The original object/hair needs to be free for it to be considered a free item, same as with the upload policy. Hair retextures of pay items, TSR Featured Artist objects, etc are all considered pay items.

What French girl? We have a French guy. And lots of girls, some from Europe but no French girls.

To help Heaven, I think Morgaroni points to PinkFridaySims who had posted female French about avant garde film before, below the French guy post. Now the post is deleted for reason "No longer using this profile".

Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 12:45 PM
Hatsune Miku Is Theeereee
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 2:23 PM Last edited by heaven : 27th Apr 2013 at 2:55 PM.
?
wait, what? I never said anything about her physical age... did I? No.

Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
To help Heaven, I think Morgaroni points to PinkFridaySims who had posted female French about avant garde film before, below the French guy post. Now the post is deleted for reason "No longer using this profile".

Yes, i was. thanks for explaing for me! :google:
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#39 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 3:22 PM
Name: Efia Omehia
Continent: Africa

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Efia Omehia.

Efia's name means "born on a Friday." She was, in fact, born on a Friday, 22 years ago. Although she is the younger of her parents' two children, she is rather taller than her brother, or even her parents themselves. Her height, and her smile, easily secured her a job as a model for a European clothing line. Her lovely figure, plastered all over storefront windows, has persuaded more than one woman to buy African haute couture--which is an awful lot like international haute couture, just rather more colorful!

Although she enjoys modeling and all of the attention and privilege that the position brings, Efia looks forward to the day that she will return to Ghana and begin her dream job--as a secondary school teacher.

In her home country, next to health care, schooling is a need that for so many children, goes unmet due to lack of available teachers. Efia's parents insisted on their children going to class daily and excelling at their work. While this preparation helped Efia and her brother Amuz get through college with ease, it also made Efia incredibly aware that she was very fortunate to have parents who wanted her to learn.

For now, she's still a model. But she longs for the day that she will have enough money to finish her master's degree, and be able to go home and help educate the next generation of future doctors and teachers.

Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:08 PM
Default Elena Ivanovksa - Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia)
Name: Elena Ivanovska
Country & Continent: Macedonia

Macedonia is a country of mixed culture and a part of me, literally. My paternal grandfather came from Macedonia. This is one of the reasons I chose to do a sim to represent that little country. Macedonia has had great impact on my life. I'm certain of that I'm going there one day.

So, I decided to do a sim that had the same name as me, Elena. Many of my relatives has that name.

Elena is a cute girl, named after her grandfather's mother. Her grandfather, though, went through alot. He has survived a war and many horrible things. She is very proud of him.

Her grandfather lived a poor life and wanted to get out of Macedonia so he fled to Greece and was held prisoner for some time. The guards at the refugee camp made him clean up torturing chambers. He had to clean up body parts, poo and urine. Every time he spoke of it, he started crying. When she asked why he began to cry everytime, he told her that he had been held prisoner in that chamber for two days and two nights. He was terrified. She never got to know why he was being kept in the chamber. He died before she thought of asking him. Elena and her family are the only people that pass this story on to further people.

(True story)
Headshot

Bodyshot

Creative shot

I'm a proud third generation immigrant!
The other one
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 5:32 AM
Thanks to heaven for looking after the contest in my absence I didn’t intend to be away quite so long but I came home from my trip with a nasty bout of flu and I’ve only just started to feel semi-human again today Anyway, It’s great to see so many new entries!

Quote: Originally posted by Michael Palin
i've got a q: does era matter or does the sim have to be from the 21st century? there's a nationality i'd like to use but their culture greatly changes in such a short time-span (as in they're one thing in 1888 and another in 1988).

There has already been a few and may well be more historical themes in future contests so for the cultural diversity contest we’d like to keep entries as current as possible. That doesn’t mean you can’t reference the past though.
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Please also include this information with your entry: A short paragraph or two to explain the point of interest you chose to illustrate for your country of choice: (This text should be an explanation of the “Point of Interest” shot mentioned above). This should be something that’s relative today so if it’s an historical fact then you should explain why it still holds importance to your country of choice in today’s world.
#42 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:21 PM
Sim’s Name: Nsishumba Mwenya

Continent: Africa

Point of interests:

Makishi are masked characters associated with the coming of age rituals of the Vaka Chiyama Cha Mukwamayi communities of the north-western part of Zambia. The masks are believed to be a manifestation of the spirits of dead ancestors who return to the world of living. The Makishi Masquerade is connected to the Mukanda, an initiation school held annually for boys between the ages of eight and seventeen, a transition period for them to leave their childhood then being prepared to enter the world of adults in which in communion with their ancestors whose representation is the Makishi.
The Mukanda involves the circumcision of the initiates, tests of courage and lessons on their future role as men and husbands. Each initiate is assigned a specific masked character, which remains with him throughout the entire process. The Chisaluke represents a powerful and wealthy man with spiritual influence; the Mupala is the lord of the Mukanda and protective spirit with supernatural abilities; Pwevo is a female character representing the ideal woman and is responsible for the musical accompaniment of the rituals and dances. The Makishi is another masked character, representing the spirit of a deceased ancestor who returns to the world of the living to assist the boys.

Nsishumba performs Makishi dance (three from the left). Even though he lives in big city in Ndola, he sometimes visits to his old village hometown to have nostalgia times with his old neighbors and kids. He had been taught of practicing Makishi dance after passed attending Mukanda school, keeps the tradition by teaching his friends how to do Makishi dance and dance together with them in front of Mukanda students, before the proudly Zambian tradition might be vanished in the future by rapid modernization that has been happening both in village and city.

The other one
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:32 AM
Just a reminder folks, the contest ends in a few hours and entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.

timer
Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:47 AM
Name: Will Williams
Continent: North America

Point of Interest:
The Rodeo: Rodeo is a national sport in the USA that grew out of ranch competitions between cowboys on the Western frontier in the 19th century. It features seven main events--bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Professional cowboys and cowgirls sign up for many rodeos on their way to the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada. Money isn’t the only prize; there are also belt buckles to be won with the gold buckle being the most coveted.

Rodeos are held all over the States with competitions and leagues for all ages. It is credited with keeping the culture, experience and romanticism of the cowboy and the Old West alive. This is because rodeo is not just a way to compete, it is also a way of life for those who love it.

Will Williams grew up with a dream of competing in the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo (a very old, very large indoor competition in Texas featuring the very best). Trained under the expertise of his traveling rodeo grandparents, Will saw his dream realized after years of hard work. Today, Will is demonstrating the danger of bareback bronc riding.

Yee-haw Ya'll!
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th May 2013 at 3:52 PM
Sims Name: Guan Ziqin
Continent:Asia
I creat her as a dancer .Her clothe is my new mod designed by 沙粒小猫http://www.skfotos.com/twfotos/thumbnails.php?album=605
It is not elegant traditional Chinese style
but I like its gorgeousness

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#46 Old 14th May 2013 at 3:55 PM
清霜童子 the contest ended 2 weeks ago. No new entries are being accepted and the ones already submitted are in the process of being judged.

Test Subject
#47 Old 14th May 2013 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
清霜童子 the contest ended 2 weeks ago. No new entries are being accepted and the ones already submitted are in the process of being judged.

oh what a pity
I just like a joke
I like this theme
ignore me please
if it is needed
just delete my post

Page 2 of 2