Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
Thanks!
really good tutorial thank you
Ive recoloured with a purple color, added two textures:
1. A butterfly.
2. A Sims 2 logo.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 4:33 PM
hi
i have a problem
when i use my marque tool it says

the bla bla bla is not higher then 50 %
what does that mean and how can i change it

I'm only thirteen and already your biggest idol

-Mrs Selfish
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 6:59 PM
Fantastic tutorial!
Thank you so much!! I just did my first retexture. I can't wait to try the third part of your series. You make it so easy to understand. Of course, it probably helps that I'm using the same program, otherwise I might be totally lost.
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:13 AM
Thank you so much for this great tut!
i'm totally new into the sims at all and a few days ago i didn't even know that there's sth like body shop then i was too lazy to search tutorials and tried the whole stuff on my own, which went very wrong, but your nice tutorial really saved me ^^
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 4:56 PM
wow, this is awesome! Thanks so much!! :D

Kate is cool... My Blog.
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:42 AM
thank you so much! this is a really great tutorial!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 8:17 AM
I just started this tutorial for the second time. The first time I didn't have photoshop, and now I do, so it was easier this time around. However, some things I noticed, (a few steps missing maybe?), was that when you mention this:

Quote:
This part is going to make all of you who like to make t-shirts very happy. We're going to take an image from somewhere else and. . .paste it onto the front of the shirt. I found this butterfly, which is a really good image because the background is a solid color, making it easy to copy only the image I want.

You do not necessarily say to copy & paste this image into a new window. Once I did that, I noticed that I had the white background later that I needed.

Another thing I noticed, and seem to be a bit confused about is when you mentioned this:

Quote:
And this is just the result of playing around with Filters and Colors. You can do whatever you want to the butterfly - it's a separate layer, so it won't affect the base texture of the shirt, and you can always go backwards if you don't like how it changed. (The color of the shirt changed because once the butterfly was the right size and shape and in the right position, I made the opacity of the alpha image layer Zero. But I didn't discard it, because we're not done. The bare neckline and cuffs bother me. . .)

My butterfly doesn't change colors when I change the opacity of the alpha image layer to zero. It stays the same, therefore, I can't grab the purple in the butterfly, because it's the same color as before. Is there something missing here as well? Do I have to merge layers, or something?

Anybody who can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Great tutorial, by the way! I think I'm sort of getting the hang of things!

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#33 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 10:35 AM
amberandcarlos33 - I think Faylen was commenting on something she did (that's not 100% clear to me) that changed the base color of the shirt layer

To change your butterfly, just work with the butterfly's layer - not with the mask, but on the actual butterfly - you should be able to apply layer effects (like a color overlay, for instance - which has options for the color, percentage, and effect - like transparency, multiply, darken...) and you can also change the opacity and layer settings - multiply or darken, for instance, would have gotten rid of the pale 'halo' around the butterfly's edges.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:08 AM
I have a question. When I have finished this tutorial, and have a new colored shirt with an image (butterfly, etc.) on it that I REALLY like...how do I go about changing the color on the NEW shirt, to make more colors of that shirt?
For example, I put an Alien on a green colored shirt, I like it, but because there is a whitish halo around the Alien, I would like to make a white shirt to put it on. What is the best/easiest route to go to achieve this?
Also, Is there perhaps some other way of actually 'getting rid of' that halo that shows up in the first place?

Help Please!!

~DidaDragonfly~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#35 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:37 AM
didadragonfly,

make a recolor of another maxis shirt that's similar in color to what you want. You can change the color further using the techniques from tutorial #1.
You can take your alien and paste it into your new project then.

What else. If you go in and hand-edit your alien graphic, you can zoom in and erase or recolor the pixels around the edges that don't match. There are also different ways to make selections, etc, that can help you deal with that issue - it's a basic program/editing issue more than a sims one. I think Faylen used masks in this tutorial, I often simply delete stuff from around the edges of my new graphic. I also (if my original graphic comes in larger than my final) delete the stuff and clean up the edges *before* scaling things down. That helps hide any minor flaws.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 10:40 PM
I am using adobe photoshop elements 2 which is fairly similar to your program. My problem is when I try to move the image I chose I cant because I get a window that says the layer is locked??
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 8:23 PM
i'm using GIMP and there isn't an "add noise" button. There are other weird options. I don't know what to do :S
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:08 PM
This Is a great tutorial but I'm using Paint.Net and when I click the eyedropper it say its a color picker then when I click on the lighter top color it doesn't do anything?Help!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#39 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:28 AM
Kelsi and Sims2Roxs - both GIMP and Paint.net have separate tutorial sets on this site. They don't necessarily cover the same thing, but some of them are similar, and they are enough to get you started. Beyond that, you will need to go look for either Gimp or Paint.Net tutorials on the web to learn more about other effects, working with layers, and so on which could then help you achieve this effect in your programs.

Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:26 AM
This tutorial rocks!! I'm trying to make a jacket a jean denim jacket so hopefully this will help.

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 3:53 PM
Great tutorial! Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 7:41 PM
I know how to do regular jeans (just from texture) Like this:

Picture by me.
Mesh by Nouk
But how to do the pockets and sutff that I marked in the picture ?
Is there any Brushes , Patterns or I have to draw them myself :o

Picture from : www.starsims.net
If you have any toturials or something please post them here !
And also if someone know's how to do these ?

Picture from : www.curioussims.com
Thank you !
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#43 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:24 AM
people often use photos or photo elements to make some of the details.
You can also look carefully at the maxis outfits to examine the shading and so on. I've use a mixture of drop shadows, outer glow (set to dark), bevel... and such.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 9:32 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeee. I love you.
I followed your steps and used other textures too. I think I found a new hobby.

Forever young...
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:38 PM
This...is...GREAT! At first the tutorial was a little complex for me put I finally got it. Thanks again for another good tutorial.
Test Subject
#46 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 9:30 PM
Thanks a lot, that was great! I feel a lot more comortable with the process now!
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 3:03 AM
Thanks! You've made it so easy to make new wonderful oppertunites for me! This is great!

Would you like to hear of the terrible night when I bravely battled the..... No? All right.

TOP SECRET: DO NOT OPEN LINK!
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 12:11 AM Last edited by krayzeeb : 30th Oct 2007 at 12:13 AM. Reason: misspelling
Thanks so much this helped me out alot to put in my recolors of regency clothes since there isn't that many. Now i have a few that i have done and recolored all by myself
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 2:10 PM
I followed your steps. It was amazing job you have done, but one problem is... I did click "SAVE AS or SAVE" Then I went to Bodyshop and I clicked REFRESH. It show nothing. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#50 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 1:14 AM
wolfgal, well you must make sure that you're overwriting the files in the projects folder. If it adds 'copy' to the name, bodyshop won't see it. So look at the name carefully.

Page 2 of 4