Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 7

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Social Groups (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546)
-   -   Blake's gone off the deep end, and I'm coming with (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531326)

r_deNoube 17th Aug 2014 5:15 PM

Blake's gone off the deep end, and I'm coming with

I think I know the signs.

Oh my goodness. I never anticipated there would be someone compared to whom I was practically a moderating influence.

I'm going to camp out right here until the creator of this group admits that she has a hopeless celebrity crush and that it looks good on her.

BlakeS5678 17th Aug 2014 6:33 PM

Nymphetamine 17th Aug 2014 11:54 PM

This is .. kind of creepy, yet hilarious. I'm so down. Do we .. do we need some sort of initiation? Haha.

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 12:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nymp
kind of creepy, yet hilarious.

Such is the life of a fangirl, yes.

Do we .. do we need some sort of initiation? Haha.

What's creepy-yet-hilarious is the notion of what you, Nymp, of all people, might consider a suitable initiation. I've seen you jump into social threads with themes like "would you dare to..." or "would you rather...", offering a breezy "oh sure I'd do that" in some cases where I, for one, would have been fairly intimidated.

It's a good thing I'm not the new girl. Then I'd be scared spitless, Blake.

Mordecai and Rigby 18th Aug 2014 12:47 AM

I'm only here because I got an invite lol

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 12:59 AM

Ms. Rigby, would you happen to be anywhere near the US Midwest? It is looking like we'll need someone to go initialize Blake. And if she has been inflating the membership, her initiation might need to be sort of vigorous.

Nymphetamine 18th Aug 2014 1:04 AM

Well .. yes, I am down for anything haha. I've done some fairly outrageous things. I still do. I'll rack my brains for a suitable initiation. It'll have to be something along the lines of kissing the cod, but perhaps replace the cod with an inflatable blow up, with a picture of Mr.Ninja's avatar glued to it?
Or something. I'll think of it. Give me some time.

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 1:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
kissing the ...

'k, if there are people here who aren't already doing that, I might be in the wrong group.

VerDeTerre 18th Aug 2014 1:37 AM

Blake's insanity is contagious - I love this! I haven't had this much fun since our town had an American Idol. Will Fenton ever join us or are these forums reserved for stalkage and fandomness.

Nymphetamine 18th Aug 2014 2:00 AM

Oh lord, I hope he joins us. Blake darling, send an invite!
And no, Noubie, I think you may be the only one. My kisses are reserved for Eve. And possibly pictures of Gordon Ramsay.

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 3:04 AM

But... but... I wonder if there is any space of possible discussion which would, at the same time, satisfy Blake's vision and not totally squick Fenton out! I admit I have not yet taken in what she conceives would be the feel of this place, but a couple of objectives I could endorse would be:
  • To provide a setting in which those in the grip of a Celebrity Crush can work one another up into an unseemly spectacle of delirious, squealing fangirlness.
  • To thereby provide cover, distraction, and a lightning rod, so that Fenton and those several of his admirers who have a little common sense and discretion will have a chance to pursue their endeavours away from this unseemly spectacle.

I mean really, and especially those of you who've flirted with the boy (and no, we don't need to count up or identify everyone), did he ever make you feel like you had less than his full attention? No, eh. So, how the frack is he supposed to function in a mob? I'm confused.

Me being confused is not a bad thing in itself -- I can take it. It's just that I am 200% loyal to the boy and want to do what he'll like, so, I don't like being confused on that particular subject.

And no, Noubie, I think you may be the only one.

Pfffft. Well if people are going to be such lightweights about it, maybe I'd better initialize Blake myself. Blake, wear clean underthings.

BlakeS5678 18th Aug 2014 3:16 AM

Darlings, darlings. There are enough crumpets to go around and surely enough tea... Let's just say the tea is um... Irish? Noubie, will be delighted to tell you that? Won't you, my sweet? Oh, yes of course. I've been pouring for her all night.

Now, there is plenty enough time to get all of the details figured out and I will consider answering a few questions my very first order of business as the head of our little club.

Are you insane, my girl?

Well, I suppose you'd have to be more clear... But, no. I would like to think not. After all, since you all are going along with my whims wouldn't you too be just as insane? Not to say it as it's such a bad thing, of course.

Well, you must have hit your head or something?

No, no. I have not. I'm not normally like this... Not as hysterical... But, when the comedy's there, you gotta take it.

Is Fenton invited to this party?

Oh, of course he is. Whether or not he will/has accepted that invitation is yet to be discovered.

Do you live in Midwestern US?

I live in Michigan. So yes, in fact I do. That is all very true.

So, what is this about an initiation?

Well, I'm not one for dramatics but... Screw it. Let's make this fun. Think of you want... This is a club founded on insanity obsessive admiration, after all.

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 3:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Blake-who's-gone-off
After all, since you all are going along with my whims...

Hmph. Not either going along with whims. I'm just so full of Irish Breakfast tea that I really, really have to pee so I'm kind of in a hurry.

BlakeS5678 18th Aug 2014 3:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Hmph. Not either going along with whims. I'm just so full of Irish Breakfast tea that I really, really have to pee so I'm kind of in a hurry.

Well, the bathroom is right there! Anyways, I wish you weren't in such a hurry and you could stay a while and chat.

Nymphetamine 18th Aug 2014 4:12 AM

And I'm all lonely here on the East coast. Wahh!
On topic - I'm sure Mr.Fenton will be overjoyed to know he has a fan club of girls, being girly girls and squeeing over him and his exploits. Right?

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 5:21 AM

I sure hope so. Are we being what Effie referred to as "love-smiley"? Or is that only for people who are Being In A Relationship? I tell you, sometimes that boy does make me smile until my cheeks are tired.

Dear Blake: "Effie" is the name Fenton has given to @efolger. She ought to be invited. I do not know whether she will squee, but she is known to be sweet and Good.

Fentonparkninja 18th Aug 2014 7:26 AM

Nice use of alliteration Blake.

I do believe this has made not just my day but possibly my year!

r_deNoube 18th Aug 2014 7:37 AM

He approves! Thank you, beloved Fenton, for putting my mind at ease. Blake, I honor you and kiss your pretty feet.

VerDeTerre 18th Aug 2014 12:54 PM

Oooo! Fenton showed up! How fun to have a fan club and the object of our fandom...here...with us <3

BlakeS5678 18th Aug 2014 1:04 PM

Oh joyous day! Fenton has graced us with his presence. Well, this is certainly going to prove that I am quite the club maker to the other girls.

A few things:

* Effie has been invited, and has accepted the invitation. S/he appears on the members list right now.

* Thank you, Fenton. Someone appreciates my mad alliteration skillz!

* Thank you too, Noubie. I like to think I have pretty feet too.

Nymphetamine 18th Aug 2014 1:35 PM

Haha this is awesome! Yay Blake! You got Fenton to join us!
Now my next question is - what does a fan club do, exactly? Do we go around defending Mr.Fenton's honor whenever demanded? Or is that a knight? Are we the knights of Fenton's round table?!

BlakeS5678 18th Aug 2014 3:37 PM

Haha this is awesome! Yay Blake! You got Fenton to join us!
Now my next question is - what does a fan club do, exactly? Do we go around defending Mr.Fenton's honor whenever demanded? Or is that a knight? Are we the knights of Fenton's round table?!

Of course we have to defend his honor, that among many other things. I think we've got quite the team so far, three lady Sims, a baby, a sheep, a snail, a crow, and, of course, The Fenton.

tsyokawe 18th Aug 2014 6:03 PM

efolger997 18th Aug 2014 7:15 PM

Dear Blake: "Effie" is the name Fenton has given to @efolger. She ought to be invited. I do not know whether she will squee, but she is known to be sweet and Good.

Why, thank you, dear madam. I am not sure how to feel about all this, but it is certainly amusing. And Nymphy you are not all alone on the East Coast for I am with you, albeit much further south, where we have milder winters and warmer humid summers. I haven't used social groups much before, though I have joined a few. We shall see how I acclimate to it.

Nymphetamine 19th Aug 2014 3:18 AM

Haha Nymphy. I like it. And yes, I envy your weather system. I am sick of cold. It was cold as balls in Alberta and now I've come back to the opposite side and equally as cold. Bah.
Glad you're here, Effie. Start squeeing!!

r_deNoube 19th Aug 2014 3:48 AM

Do you all notice what a contrast the feeling is in this group, compared to our previous & customary hangouts, in these times?

"And the greatest of these is love."

EDIT: and I also want to welcome & embrace VerDeTerre. Verde's the new girl but she seems quick on the uptake.

Nymphetamine 19th Aug 2014 4:17 AM

It's because we're all (?) girls. And over the internet, we get along great. It's in person when personalities clash. I was told today I'm a little too much to take at times. All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P

r_deNoube 19th Aug 2014 5:09 AM

It's because we're all (?) girls.

Well hey, that question mark makes an interesting point. We might have the largest proportion of Undisclosed, photo-shy people of any group on MTS.

Well, let's see. You had a baby, so you win. Effie in her new dress... well, if she wasn't a girl right from the start, then my effusive compliments to her endocrinologist!

I guess that might be it, as to provable girls. But conversely, even Fenton could be.

Well, Nymp, you know that I was already aspiring to be part of your posse before. Here is part of the reason: at a crucial stage of my life, I was such a nerdy little thing that I did very few slumber parties. Accordingly, there are certain mysteries into which never got properly inducted. What I am trying to say, I guess, is that having a 46XX body isn't enough to guarantee that someone can just naturally Get Their Girl On. I need role models.

All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P

I am so going to PM you.

Mordecai and Rigby 19th Aug 2014 5:12 AM

Ms. Rigby, would you happen to be anywhere near the US Midwest? It is looking like we'll need someone to go initialize Blake. And if she has been inflating the membership, her initiation might need to be sort of vigorous.

Nope :P

And it's nice to see this group made Fenton's day

r_deNoube 19th Aug 2014 6:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Nope :P

Well, I was mistaken anyway. Blake is the alpha girl and does not get initiated -- unless you count me kissing her feet and petting her ankles with affectionate gratitude.
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
And it's nice to see this group made Fenton's day

Oh it is, it really is.

VerDeTerre 19th Aug 2014 3:44 PM

Do you all notice what a contrast the feeling is in this group, compared to our previous & customary hangouts, in these times?

"And the greatest of these is love."

EDIT: and I also want to welcome & embrace VerDeTerre. Verde's the new girl but she seems quick on the uptake.
Awww! Thanks so much! I'm really happy to be a part of this group, even if I'm not overly sure exactly what it is, but it's fun! So, thanks, Blake, for the invite!

Nymphy - you aren't alone in the Northeast. I'm a New Englander.

What is the first order of business? I only became acquainted with his Fentonness via the Vent thread. I checked out a couple of his latest posts and you ladies are absolutely spot-on: he's fab! But I need to know more. Maybe Fenton could join us for tea and share more about his approach to life?

Fentonparkninja 19th Aug 2014 9:29 PM

It's because we're all (?) girls. And over the internet, we get along great. It's in person when personalities clash. I was told today I'm a little too much to take at times. All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P
Only if you don't share them.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Awww! Thanks so much! I'm really happy to be a part of this group, even if I'm not overly sure exactly what it is, but it's fun! So, thanks, Blake, for the invite!

Nymphy - you aren't alone in the Northeast. I'm a New Englander.

What is the first order of business? I only became acquainted with his Fentonness via the Vent thread. I checked out a couple of his latest posts and you ladies are absolutely spot-on: he's fab! But I need to know more. Maybe Fenton could join us for tea and share more about his approach to life?
I will answer what I can.

VerDeTerre 19th Aug 2014 10:01 PM

Cool! You showed! I don't mean to put you on the spot. My guess is that your awesomeness is best seen in an organic way - so how about tea and a chat?

I made some lovely virtual crumpets....I don't even really know what crumpets are. I rarely every cook much these days, but it's fun to pretend I do, so ...hey, here you go! Is this a good time to talk? I need to run out, but can check back (you can pretend I'm picking up more crumpets). Who's here and how is everyone this evening? (This begins to feel like my dinner with Andre).

*Where did everyone go?

*Hums to self and starts to nibble on crumpets*

BlakeS5678 19th Aug 2014 10:46 PM

Mmm.... VerDeTerre! These crumpets are delish! Oh, and don't get me started on how faboo this tea is.

*slurps tea and starts talking with a mouth full of crumpet*

So, Fenton. How are you? Tell us how your day went today.

r_deNoube 19th Aug 2014 11:02 PM

Crumpets are in the same family as English muffins, but spongier, and are likewise good with butter & jam.

As well, I've brought some scones, with currants in. These are crumblier than crumpets, but also suitable for washing down with hot tea.

efolger997 19th Aug 2014 11:13 PM

Crumpets are in the same family as English muffins, but spongier, and are likewise good with butter & jam.

As well, I've brought some scones, with currants in. These are crumblier than crumpets, but also suitable for washing down with hot tea.

Wait, really? (I just looked it up on Google images.) I was always under the impression that crumpets were scones, or something like scones. English muffins are okay, I guess, but nowhere near the perfection and glory that a scone can achieve. My whole life has been a lie. (Not that I have ever had crumpets. I'm American, after all. We don't do things like that here.) Still, I'm simply floored.

tsyokawe 19th Aug 2014 11:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
English muffins are okay, I guess...

I respectfully disagree. I get tingly just thinking about English muffins all gold and toasty, slathered in butter and bitter marmalade. :lovestruc

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 12:04 AM

Good then. A crumpet for Tsyo and a scone for Effie, and I'll keep the tea coming.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 1:09 AM

Oh, scones! I'll go for those. Glad y'all are enjoying the crumpets (and glad that we've straightened out what they are). Do you guys mind if I add a little something stronger to the tea? Not in a tea mood right now.

*Ah - better!* Now where were we or, more importantly, where did Fenton get off to? Fenton? *Checks the cupboard* Fenton? *Checks under the seat* Fenton!!!! Come out and visit with us!

Are you good? Would you like crumpets or scones? Butter or jam? Tea or sympathy?

I'd like sympathy, but I think I got a lot from my sister tonight.

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 1:46 AM

Well, Verde, you are certainly welcome to hang out in a place where nobody's yelling at one another, and see if it helps settle you.

If I understand the time zones right, it is about 12:30 p.m. in Pounawea where Fenton is, so he's likely at work. By the end of the school day where he is, once he's checked in, Nymp and a few others might be nodding off. But he might overcome the Tyranny of Geography by posting something that you can read when it's sunrise in the Maritimes.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 2:03 AM

I had to look that up, "Pounawea". New Zealand? Cool! Land of the sheep, green hills, and hobbits! Does that, in part, explain his ultra coolness? We'll just have to wait his preciousnessssss.

Call me Ver for short. That would mean "worm". Ver de means "worm of". Terre means "earth" and all together it means "earthworm". So, yeah...that's me...earthworm. Or you could call me Anna. Or Snodgrass. Call me what you like. Verde is fine, too. :p

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 3:01 AM

"Ver" it is! I said "Verde" for "green", but you doubtless already knew that your name is full of meanings.

STORY TIME: Fenton's ability to hit the sweet spot with his teasing is perfectly illustrated by the fact that he gets away with calling me "Noubie." I will accept it only from him, or from a harem-girl of indisputable loyalty to him. Thereby, he has turned the very act of mentioning me into a magic spell that gives me That Feeling :lovestruc at any time of his choosing. Of course I do not resist this effect, because it is good and right.

Nymphetamine 20th Aug 2014 3:11 AM

Pft. Nodding off. I was born to not sleep. I just end up doing other things. Like stalking Ramsay on YouTube or learning about Australopithecus. Or making food. Fried chicken and rosemary potatoes, anyone? Noubie gets to see all my cooking on creepbook! I've been calling you Noubie out of affection. I hope that's alright

Hm. First chat. First chat. I think I may have messaged Mr.Fenton regarding an odd question, but I honestly can't remember. Either way, I'm glad I offhand messaged him. It's been, in general, a great way to kill time.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 3:32 AM

I spent a summer reading about Australopithecus. The book was "Children of the Ice Age" and was dense, even though it was supposedly written for the general public. I borrowed it from the library for the full six weeks (renewing the two-week lending period 3x), put it on the shelf for a day or a half a day and took it out again. After 18 weeks, I finished it. It was really interesting but I bet you anything that the ideas in it have all been supplanted now.

R_deNoube - I thought your name did stand for "Noubie"...?

Nymphetamine 20th Aug 2014 3:54 AM

I'm a nerd. Times 1000. I'll stay up all night reading just about anything. Tonight its a mix of playing Skyrim and reading about mummification.

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 4:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As I have no big sister of my own (confession: the character of Janet is wish-fulfillment on my part), I am grateful to have Nymp in my life, and I want to show her that I do value her guidance. Accordingly, I've gone and checked out the local cemetery.

Unfortunately it is a fairly new cemetery, so that -- at least in the parts most easily reached from the road -- the plot markers are merely plaques set into the ground. So, a photo taken there might not really show that the location is a graveyard. Then, too, if the photos are taken in a hurry, in poor light, by intoxicated people, they might come out badly enough to trigger the "No pics: Didn't happen" rule even though there are, in some technical but useless sense, pics. I will keep thinking about a way to do this properly.

EDIT: Janet, sore about my suggesting she wasn't real, took the initiative to scope out the cemetery in Sunset Valley for the naked-photo project. It's 2 in the morning Sim time and for some reason the Clavells are up there when she arrives and strips. Being Friendly, Janet goes to chat up Buster, while Bessie goes home (taking their car). Now, do you see this negative relationship sign? Buster thinks Janet is being boring. Someone has not been taking his hormone replacement therapy, I'd say.

Fentonparkninja 20th Aug 2014 6:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
So, Fenton. How are you? Tell us how your day went today.
It was full-on, the place I work at got flooded from a deluge of rain, there was a prang on the main road nearby and the floodwaters brought down some power poles further down the road. So yeah, I spent most of the day wading around calf-deep in muddy water.

Quote: Originally posted by effie
Wait, really? (I just looked it up on Google images.) I was always under the impression that crumpets were scones, or something like scones. English muffins are okay, I guess, but nowhere near the perfection and glory that a scone can achieve. My whole life has been a lie. (Not that I have ever had crumpets. I'm American, after all. We don't do things like that here.) Still, I'm simply floored.
You're missing out, there's nothing like a good bit of crumpet.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDe Terre
I had to look that up, "Pounawea". New Zealand? Cool! Land of the sheep, green hills, and hobbits! Does that, in part, explain his ultra coolness? [No, it only explains how my computer's powered - we keep hobbits and uruk-hai on treadmills hooked up to generators in our basements. Hydro-electric power only goes so far in this country. -F] We'll just have to wait his preciousnessssss.

Call me Ver for short. That would mean "worm". Ver de means "worm of". Terre means "earth" and all together it means "earthworm". So, yeah...that's me...earthworm. Or you could call me Anna. Or Snodgrass. Call me what you like. Verde is fine, too. :p
Well, if I can call you Betty, then Betty when you call me, you can call me Al.

Hm. First chat. First chat. I think I may have messaged Mr.Fenton regarding an odd question, but I honestly can't remember. Either way, I'm glad I offhand messaged him. It's been, in general, a great way to kill time.
It was some remark I made about what scares off personal trainers like Jillian Michaels that you found amusing, and later, the question was about CAW.

Quote: Originally posted by Noubie
STORY TIME: Fenton's ability to hit the sweet spot with his teasing is perfectly illustrated by the fact that he gets away with calling me "Noubie." I will accept it only from him, or from a harem-girl of indisputable loyalty to him. Thereby, he has turned the very act of mentioning me into a magic spell that gives me That Feeling at any time of his choosing. Of course I do not resist this effect, because it is good and right.
Hi Noubie.

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 7:40 AM

Oh my goodness! That was tough. You lost me on "prang", though... is that a kind of car-smash?
Quote: Originally posted by Fenton
Hi Noubie.
I clicked "helpful" for that, because (1) it is helpful to me, and (2) I had already done "funny" and of course "Love".

I hope you rest & recombobulate well. Summarizing the recent posts, you see there's a few nice bits of crumpet here who are either floored, or wouldn't mind being. We hope we have given you some nice things to think about, this day. :lovestruc

Fentonparkninja 20th Aug 2014 9:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by NoubIe
Oh my goodness! That was tough. You lost me on "prang", though... is that a kind of car-smash? [Yes, a minor one - I think 'fender-bender' is the US expression? -F]
I clicked "helpful" for that, because (1) it is helpful to me, and (2) I had already done "funny" and of course "Love".

I hope you rest & recombobulate well. Summarizing the recent posts, you see there's a few nice bits of crumpet here who are either floored, or wouldn't mind being. We hope we have given you some nice things to think about, this day. :lovestruc
More than a few.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 11:45 AM

Buster thinks Janet is being boring.
Ha ha! That's classic!

Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
[No, it only explains how my computer's powered - we keep hobbits and uruk-hai on treadmills hooked up to generators in our basements. Hydro-electric power only goes so far in this country. -F]
No labor laws?

Well, if I can call you Betty, then Betty when you call me, you can call me Al.
I guess, sure! But I think I'm missing a reference somewhere.... I think I'd rather not be called Betty, bad associations.

Fenton...Al...? Not sure which one feels right, right now. I'm so glad you came back to the thread! My, you are charming! No wonder you have a fan club.

Fenton/Al, you are know for your "coolness", your ability to remain calm and clear-headed in the midst of emotional Sim-inspired insanity. Where does this calm come from? What inspires you?

Fentonparkninja 20th Aug 2014 2:56 PM

No labor laws?
Only that the hobbits get breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, brunch, afternoon tea and supper, while the uruk-hai get something better than maggoty bread for three stinkin' days.

I guess, sure! But I think I'm missing a reference somewhere.... I think I'd rather not be called Betty, bad associations.
That's too bad, the song's decent if you like 80s music.

Fenton/Al, you are know for your "coolness", your ability to remain calm and clear-headed in the midst of emotional Sim-inspired insanity. Where does this calm come from? What inspires you?
I don't know really, self-discipline? Kiwis are generally good at keeping their cool, unless they've been on the turps.

As for inspiration, that's nothing more than a desire to interact with clever and interesting people.

Nymphetamine 20th Aug 2014 3:39 PM

Uh .. Mr.Fenton? I'm pretty sure you promised me all kinds of food. Jillian Michaels would eat me alive right now. And I don't think she'd get that many calories from me. I've only gained 2 lbs. So .. food? Pretty sure crumpets/scones just aren't going to do it. I think you promised me everything minus purified whale. Because, no.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 4:29 PM

Only that the hobbits get breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, brunch, afternoon tea and supper, while the uruk-hai get something better than maggoty bread for three stinkin' days. Sounds fair and rather decent!

That's too bad, the song's decent if you like 80s music.
Oh, I remember not only the song, but this video. It's so amazing that Paul Simon is that short or is it just that Chevy Chase is significantly taller than I thought? I guess I never listened too carefully to the words.

I don't know really, self-discipline? Kiwis are generally good at keeping their cool, unless they've been on the turps. Turps? I love your language even if I don't understand it. I'll bet you have one of those sexy accents, too.

As for inspiration, that's nothing more than a desire to interact with clever and interesting people. Awwww! You mean us, right?

I need to learn how to let things roll off my back. I wonder if it's possible to support people without taking up their battles?

Nymphetamine 20th Aug 2014 6:48 PM

I need to learn how to let things roll off my back. I wonder if it's possible to support people without taking up their battles?

My ma to a tee. I try my very best to be supportive of her and her inability to cope with real life. However, once I realized that she was the adult, and I'm her child, I stopped helping as much. Especially when all the help came in the form of money. She doesn't quite grasp that I have a child now, and my money is Eve's.

Basically had to distance myself from the battles she had, and support her in a mental health kind of way instead. :P

Fentonparkninja 20th Aug 2014 9:33 PM

Uh .. Mr.Fenton? I'm pretty sure you promised me all kinds of food. Jillian Michaels would eat me alive right now. And I don't think she'd get that many calories from me. I've only gained 2 lbs. So .. food? Pretty sure crumpets/scones just aren't going to do it. I think you promised me everything minus purified whale. Because, no.
Hmm, well, we could start with these burgers that this local place Joe's Diner does. They're so good that whenever you unwrap one, the closest radio starts playing heavy metal.

We can go from there. :D

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 10:00 PM

Do they serve veggie burgers, too????? *She says hopefully*

BlakeS5678 20th Aug 2014 10:08 PM

Do they serve veggie burgers, too????? *She says hopefully*

I second this. I'm a vegetarian as well. I hear Red Robin has veggie burgers though! I don't know if they're any good though...

r_deNoube 20th Aug 2014 10:34 PM

I can make something vegetarian for Ver & Blake & any others, especially if you're the lacto-ovo kind. I believe Nymp is pretty omnivorous when she does eat. Lately I have been on kind of a fish kick with her encouragement.

VerDeTerre 20th Aug 2014 11:27 PM

Thanks, d_Noube! I'm actually a pescatarian, so anything including fish, egg, or dairy is ok, just no earthy dwelling types of animal meat. Although, I keep trying to argue that alligators are fish, but no one is buying it. (They're delicious, btw.)

Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I second this. I'm a vegetarian as well. I hear Red Robin has veggie burgers though! I don't know if they're any good though...
We don't have any Red Robins in my area, although I've seen ads for them. That's great! They also have veggie burgers at either MacDonalds or Burger King but they are awful.

BlakeS5678 20th Aug 2014 11:52 PM

Thank you for asking Ronnie. Most people don't recognize ovo and/or lacto vegetarians. I, personally am a lacto-vegetarian (I think I said that right?.) Meaning I don't eat meat or dairy. I only eat eggs because I find the process of getting them to be much more civil and humane than meat (specifically cow and pigs) and dairy. I have to get protein in my diet somehow too! Amirite? I also try to eat all organic as well, but there's so many exceptions to that it would be a lie if I said I only ate organic.

r_deNoube 21st Aug 2014 12:20 AM

...alligators...

So if anyone's stalking, here's what I've pencilled in so far:

Ver -- Alligator Alley, FL (if I'm wrong & it's really LA, then congratulations! You're eating well at least.)
Ronnie -- Sunset Valley, BC (or somewhere in Cascadia anyway)
Effie -- Awful-Darn-Pretty, VA
Blake -- Coelacanth Falls, MI
Nymp -- Haddock Upon Fundy, NB
Tsyo -- I picture her in one of those mountain or prairie places Gen. Custer wishes he'd just left alone.
Fenton -- Pounawea (*)

(*) Now the thing of it is, I started calling his home "Pounawea" because of the TS3 world with that name. Once I'd already started that, only then did I realize that there is actually a place in New Zealand with that name for real. However, it is on the South Island and if I understand properly, the Sim Pounawea is tropical, so I don't know how well that fits. Truthfully, I have never been. I might have to go and check it out in person before I can get it straight. Time zones really confuse me.

BlakeS5678 21st Aug 2014 1:39 AM

So if anyone's stalking, here's what I've pencilled in so far:

Ver -- Alligator Alley, FL (if I'm wrong & it's really LA, then congratulations! You're eating well at least.)
Ronnie -- Sunset Valley, BC (or somewhere in Cascadia anyway)
Effie -- Awful-Darn-Pretty, VA
Blake -- Coelacanth Falls, MI
Nymp -- Haddock Upon Fundy, NB
Tsyo -- I picture her in one of those mountain or prairie places Gen. Custer wishes he'd just left alone.
Fenton -- Pounawea (*)

Oh, dear. I hope this isn't the coelacanth you're reffering to. Is it?

That is pretty freaking terrifying.

ETA: Oh, I just noticed you changed the title of the thread, Noubie. Thanks, that's much more endearing.

Nymphetamine 21st Aug 2014 3:23 AM

HAHA Haddock Upon Fundy! That's awesome! I'm going to start saying that! So basically, there's two Canadian's, three American's, one that could be either or, or neither, and one from New Zealand. You DO like making lists, don't you Noubie

Keep eating that fish. Everyone. Or take a double duty dose of omega 3-6-9. Anyone on my creepbook knows why I push it so hard haha

VerDeTerre 21st Aug 2014 5:06 AM

Ha ha! Love the list, but I need a rename for my city. I live in New England. I've tried alligator when I visited New Orleans and ate meat. So good! But then, there is so much that is so good about New Orleans.

Nymphetamine 22nd Aug 2014 4:28 AM

My Skyrim obsession is slowly pushing the Sims into the corner. I'm about to ask HP to nuke all my uploads haha. Mr.Ninja knows my pain. At least he listens to me rant about it, AND give me helpful hints. Stupid Skyrim.

Edit: See?! It's 2:40 am. I know Eve gets up at 7 am, and here we are. Just turned off Skyrim, and am now hopping All over MTS. Ugh. :P

Fentonparkninja 22nd Aug 2014 9:18 AM

Yeah, I got the legendary edition today. Looking forward to seeing what the expansions offer, I've only played with the basegame until now.

Nymphetamine 22nd Aug 2014 3:27 PM

Ahh!! I so wish we could play with other users. Seriously. We'd own Skyrim. Jarls would bow to us and dragons .. oh, wait. You did know you can ride a dragon in the expansion, right?

Fentonparkninja 22nd Aug 2014 11:08 PM

Yes, though it turns out that playing the game is going to have to wait until I can make Steam download its 150mb patch, which it is currently refusing to do. I swear, I have never had to jump through so many hoops to make games work since they started asking for online verification and accounts to link them to.

VerDeTerre 23rd Aug 2014 12:43 AM

Oh, thanks for the heads up about Steam. My son and I typically play a game together over the weekend, so I'd rather get that out of the way now.

Nymphetamine 23rd Aug 2014 12:57 AM

Yes, though it turns out that playing the game is going to have to wait until I can make Steam download its 150mb patch, which it is currently refusing to do. I swear, I have never had to jump through so many hoops to make games work since they started asking for online verification and accounts to link them to.

That sucks. I hate that I'm forced to patch things. Just let me play. I'm still managing to get around Steam thank goodness. So far, no issues.

VerDeTerre 23rd Aug 2014 1:03 AM

Oh,that patch must be for Skyrim? Because I pulled up my game (Age of Empires) instantly without a patch? Or is it possible that I've already patched if the patch was for Steam itself?

Nymphy, there is a setting somewhere to turn off game patches. I don't know if that's a good idea for your game or not. It turned out to be a good idea for Age of Empires and I wish I had done it before they messed so much with the AI.

Nymphetamine 23rd Aug 2014 1:30 AM

Eh. I just don't use it if I don't need to, Same with Origin. If I can do without, I will. An that' why. A lot of the time the patches mess things up. After all the horror with the sims, no thank you But thanks, I will try to find out where that option is located. If I can turn off automatic updating, that would entice me to possibly use it. I want to buy games for 1.99$ too!

VerDeTerre 23rd Aug 2014 1:48 AM

I can never remember how to do anything. I'll ask my son when we play.

Nymphetamine 23rd Aug 2014 2:56 AM

Haha I just posted a pic of Eve in the "What Made Your Day Today" forum. God I love my baby. She steals my xbox controller and makes my characters run in circles. It's adorable. She's awesome. Fenton should make a habit of kissing all the babies he sees. He is a celebrity after all.

VerDeTerre 23rd Aug 2014 4:04 AM

She's a beauty, Nymphy! You'll have to be careful leaving the room with the game running

Fentonparkninja 23rd Aug 2014 10:27 AM

Well, I eventually managed to get Steam updated, but there still appears to be some other stuff to download. I've had enough of it for now though, so I'm taking a break.

Quote: Originally posted by Noubie
Now the thing of it is, I started calling his home "Pounawea" because of the TS3 world with that name. Once I'd already started that, only then did I realize that there is actually a place in New Zealand with that name for real. However, it is on the South Island and if I understand properly, the Sim Pounawea is tropical, so I don't know how well that fits. Truthfully, I have never been. I might have to go and check it out in person before I can get it straight. Time zones really confuse me.
If anything, the South Island is colder than the North, so tropical conditions are rare down that way. I don't live there though, I'm in the North Island.

Haha I just posted a pic of Eve in the "What Made Your Day Today" forum. God I love my baby. She steals my xbox controller and makes my characters run in circles. It's adorable. She's awesome. Fenton should make a habit of kissing all the babies he sees. He is a celebrity after all.
I don't know about babies, but their mothers I am more than happy to oblige. :D

r_deNoube 23rd Aug 2014 10:16 PM

I don't know about babies, but their mothers I am more than happy to oblige. :D

Your approach is sensible. A mum can't not take care of her baby, but she might very well short-change taking care of herself.

Nymp, I wish I could cook for you, and then keep an eye on you to see that you enjoy your fair share. I wish Fenton and I could set up a bed & breakfast. I'd do the breakfast

EDIT:
If anything, the South Island is colder than the North, so tropical conditions are rare down that way. I don't live there though, I'm in the North Island.

I think the Sim Pounawea was intended to be further north. The human Pounawea is in the southeast corner of the South Island. Would that be sort of more like golf and fjords and stuff? I see a lot of Scottish place names. Well, this Scotswoman would be fine with the North -- I do not golf, and wool is too scratchy for me, but I do like being rained on if it's not too too cold.

Nymphetamine 23rd Aug 2014 11:35 PM

As long as you cook me lots of halibut, rice, and salad, we'll get along good

And pie. Like ten of them.

Fentonparkninja 23rd Aug 2014 11:54 PM

I have to confess that I cannot really cook anything more complex than a frozen pizza. If I ever eat something hot, it's usually that or ramen. I can't actually remember the last time I turned on my bench hot-plates to cook on.

r_deNoube 24th Aug 2014 12:11 AM

As long as you cook me lots of halibut, rice, and salad, we'll get along good
And pie. Like ten of them.

Nymp, you'd have liked dinner at my house last night, and I've still got leftovers! A colleague of my mum's came over (a professor who'd come all the way from UC Irvine), so I got to do a huge king salmon fillet, with some stir-fried nappa cabbage -- and yes, rice, salad, and pie!

As to the salad: bell peppers were on sale and they smelled nice and peppery, so I made it somewhat Greek-style, with peppers and cucumbers and garbanzo beans and a little feta cheese, as well as the lettuce, and a little lemon juice in the oil-and-vinegar dressing.

Only one pie, not ten. But it is a nectarine pie. My recipe is very close to this one from way back when, that my Dad gave me, except with nectarines instead of peaches, leaving out the lemon juice, and stuffing the pie with ripe nectarines until more won't fit. If there are ripe nectarines that won't fit, eat them so that the juice runs down your chin, as in this song. (EDIT: I see variants online that use sweeteners other than honey. Forget those. Honey is right. It brings out the nectariney-ness.)

EDIT: Fenton, I know you are not a hard-core foodie. Perhaps you consider cooking to be one of the Girl Mysteries or, more likely, you are just so easygoing that if it takes care of your hunger than that's all you need. It is fine. I feel so good when we are all taking care of each other as well as of you.

Nymphetamine 24th Aug 2014 1:00 AM

That's all right Fenton, we can all feed you Noubie offered! I can't even be assed to cook anything other than rice tonight. Maybe some egg for protein. But other than that, no desire to do anything. I'm mentally exhausted lately.

r_deNoube 24th Aug 2014 4:11 AM

Feed the Nymp

Dear fine Nymp, and esteemed harem-mates,

Quote: Originally posted by Nymphet.
cook me lots of halibut

I checked the local fish market. The good news is that fresh Alaskan halibut is in! Oh my goodness it looks fine, sitting there in the ice. The bad news is it's $29/pound and I haven't the loons for it. I should think that a fish being so fantastically ugly, with its "is my head sideways or not?" thing going on, would depress the price a little. But the taste and texture of fresh cold-water halibut really is something. You and Eve would surely love it. I will keep an eye out for better opportunities. Maybe I ought to get my degree and make some money if I want to keep even looking at this kind of stuff, let alone eating it.

Nymphetamine 24th Aug 2014 2:32 PM

That's robbery. Don't you live on the coast?! I pay 14$ a pound here, and even still, that's too much. I basically live off of whatever meat or fish is cheapest at the moment, which is haddock and sausage. Lol

r_deNoube 24th Aug 2014 4:50 PM

Fish at retail in the Pacific Northwest

That's robbery. Don't you live on the coast?!

Yes to both. That is the highest price I've ever seen on a fish. Tonight I think I'll make chicken-and-sausage jambalaya.

Nymphetamine 25th Aug 2014 12:45 AM

Oh jeez, being out East makes a ton of difference then, huh? I was raised on everything you said and then some! Pies, stews, soups, bake, broiled, fried.
The thing I could never get into was rabbit and pheasant. Ick. I can't eat it. Rabbits are adorable, and pheasant seem to eat whatever is available, and I won't eat Sole or Dory because they are bottom feeders, so I certainly won't eat an animal that is too, Bio-magnification and such.

r_deNoube 26th Aug 2014 9:03 PM

It's Blake's birthday!

1 Attachment(s)
It's Blake's birthday!

Fentonparkninja 26th Aug 2014 9:26 PM

Happy birthday Blake.

Nymphetamine 27th Aug 2014 4:11 AM

Happy birthday!!! Eat lots of cake! Or pie.

BlakeS5678 28th Aug 2014 1:32 AM

Oh, thank you, thank you! Yes, yesterday was my birthday. I wasn't able to check MTS yesterday because I had the most wonderful surprise.... A power outage! It lasted almost a full 24 hours, lol.

VerDeTerre 28th Aug 2014 11:44 AM

Aww, poor sweetie! That stinks! I hope you took a "power outage" date and are celebrating your birthday on a more appropriately wonderful day.

r_deNoube 29th Aug 2014 6:24 AM

Fandoms and Fisheries

Today I informed my sibling that mid-sized fish, that have reached sexual maturity but not yet spawned, are referred to as "squee". However, his look indicated that he was having none of it.

r_deNoube 3rd Sep 2014 8:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Around the end of July, in the Random Bollocks, our Nymp offered to introduce me to the ceremony of cod-kissing. This required a change in my perspective. Usually, the thing is, and considering the many times that Fenton has verbally baited a hook, I'd snap at it, and then I'd get reeled in, flipping and flopping with laughter -- so I've gotten used to the idea that in this picture (behind the spoiler), I'd more likely be the one on top, right?

So I thought, if I'm to get affectionate with a cod of my own, I'll need some psychological preparation. Back East I'm sure this wouldn't be a big deal -- boisterous friends and bootleg rum and Bob's your uncle. But at the moment, what I can get is mostly book-learning. So I Googled things.

Jackpot! There is a site, named so it wouldn't take me long to find it: fishlove.co.uk, full of images that made me feel much more confident. Considering only the photos that depict specifically cod, the thumbnails show (l. to r.) Nicholas Rohl, Greta Scacchi, and Zoe Tapper. Halibut, pollock, octopus, and others are also treated well on that site.

My mind is now more at ease.

Nymphetamine 4th Sep 2014 3:44 AM

HAHA omg Noubie!!!
You're putting wayyy too much thought into this. It's an excuse for us to get drunk, and make tourists kiss fish because it's hilarious. I would be extremely serious and not laugh one bit at you though. The images are .. almost creepy. But, no, seriously. It's an excuse to drink. We drink, a lot. Well. Did. I did drink a lot. Eve came along and made all desire for it go away

r_deNoube 4th Sep 2014 5:31 AM

You're putting wayyy too much thought into this.

But that is my way.

I would be extremely serious and not laugh one bit at you though.

Then I shall do my part to make you laugh. I don't think you'll laugh at me, not if I'm acting all grossed out and intimidated. But perhaps if I make nice with the cod, buy it a drink (which I'll likely consume myself, since cod don't care for rum), look it right in its fishy face and say "Who's a pretty cod, then? Who's a pretty cod? Yes you are, yes you just are, and I think you know it. Come right here, you. MmmmmmwWHa."

The images are .. almost creepy.

Almost? Sounds like you haven't found the octopus yet. :lovestruc The innocent joy of the halibut is a lot easier to appreciate once you have the octopus to compare it to.

Fentonparkninja 4th Sep 2014 8:03 AM

Maybe drinking is the excuse and kissing is the purpose now.

Seems better that way.

Nymphetamine 4th Sep 2014 3:11 PM

There is a whole YouTube series devoted to P.E.Iers and their drunken pick up lines. It's actually hilarious. The cod is in there. Multiple times. I guess because a lot of them are transplanted Newfies haha. It's okay, you can laugh. Even Newfs don't take themselves seriously.

r_deNoube 4th Sep 2014 3:33 PM

Even Newfs don't take themselves seriously.

And neither, I suppose, do pretty Space Ponies?

Nymphetamine 5th Sep 2014 12:25 AM

Pfft. I still think space Nymph would be way better. They should change it.
And no, I don't take myself very seriously. Some aspects, yes. If I didn't laugh at everything though, I'd probably have a nervous break down.

Space Nymph ftw

Edit: Damnit, I'm an instructor? How can I go from one to the next in a matter of hours. I guess I can't see it on my mobile. Maybe I've been a pony all this time and didn't realize Sigh. Bye bye, Space Nymph.

r_deNoube 5th Sep 2014 6:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Space Nymph
Damnit, I'm an instructor? How can I go from one to the next in a matter of hours.

Space Pony is a very ephemeral thing, the only known exception being Klaartje who was even surprised by the outcome.

I might have missed my own Pony Day, if Fenton hadn't called it to my attention. Not much gets past that boy.

Nymphetamine 5th Sep 2014 1:51 PM

It's very disappointing. Haha I've been pouting about no space Nymph all night. Lee thinks I'm insane. HE just got himself banned from the league of legends forums for 24 hours for being a d bag. No space pony for him now. Haha kid was arguing with him, and he has no tact whatsoever.