Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
I absolutely adored Legolas when the first movie came out when I was 11, I had like 7 posters of him in my room *giggle* Now I'm 18, and still have a softspot for him but Aragorn is getting there! And I actually prefer him when he's all cleaned up at the end of ROTK :P

Faramir is pretty awesome too *swoon*
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
I used to adore Legolas too haha
My walls are lacking from Aragorn posters, I need to get some really badly. A nude shot preferably xD lolol.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:27 PM
Just my 2 cents here. I'm a 51 year old Grandmother of 2 and Legolas is my choice.

In the books, I found Stider/Aragorn to be such a strong character and liked him better than Legolas. But the films showed a Legolas that was truly Elvish, and I can't help it, I love Elves! LOL

Viggo Mortensen did a wonderful job as Aragorn, a little wishy-washy with his hestitation to take on his responsibility, perhaps; but he was exactly as I pictured him while reading the books.

Legolas walking atop the snow on the mountain was spot-on! *g*

As for third place...I know, you didn't ask! But it would be a real challenge to choose between Eomer and Faramir. Loved them both.

"Wolves are not just wild dogs. Rather, dogs are domesticated wolves."
~L. David Mech; The Way Of The Wolf~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
Ah well
I thought maybe Aragorn was a bit too optimistic in the movies, from the books I thought he should be more cynical, like Gimli was.

As long as no one can denies that Aragorn is hot, I'm happy
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:16 AM
Well, I have to jump in here too! I'm definitely more grandmotherish age, but I have to go with Legolas in the movies. He really looked and acted like I have always pictures elves. He was strong and intense and that beautiful long blond hair and perfect face. It was killer. And he did always look so well groomed. I thought Aragorn look really bummy, tho' I though Viggo made an ecellent Aragorn. My saddest thing about the moves was no Tom Bombadil - I think I would have liked that wacky dude in the movie!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:31 AM
"Perfect face"? Surely you're talking about ARAGORN?
I've heard varying opinions of Tom, some say he wasn't really necessary in the movies others would prefer he was in it.
Oh well. Past is past, can't change it
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
LOL Both of you!

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!

You know, they could always do a movie based on The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. More Tolkien movies would be great! *grin*

Yes, the writers (Jackson,et.al.) said that the character didn't advance the plot in any way, so that's why they left him out. I thought it was a clever idea to give some of good ole Tom's line to Treebeard.

I think the difficulty in choosing between Aragorn and Legolas is that they're completely opposite in appearance and mannerisms. I'm married to a bearded "Aragorn" type, yet the "fair" face of the elven race is very attractive to me. Legolas represents grace, poise, and ancient wisdom; though I hesitate to use the term, "feminine side" of men. I'm one of those women who likes the softer side of men as well as the tough. Does any of this make sense? LOL

Pax,
CTherese
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:57 AM
Ohh, I suppose?
I won't deny Legolas is attractive..but you Legolas lovers are really ganging up on me now *wounded look*

More Tolkien movies? Well there's the Hobbit movie which will hopefully be out before I start carrying a cane..
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:05 PM
Awwww...we're not ganging up on you. I won't deny that Aragorn is very attractive!! When the poster for Return Of The King came out, you know the one—with Aragorn, full-face with the hilt of Anduril—it literally caught my breath. I had it as a desktop wallpaper for the longest time. LOL

More Tokien movies!! Yes! Yes!!
The Hobbit is supposed to start filming with a release date of December 2011 and the second part is scheduled to be released in December 2012. Hmmm...isn't that the prophized "doomsday" year?

I'd love to see the Silmarillion on film and they could possibly do an entire film based on the Hidden City of Gondolin. A film about the Numenorians and their years on the island would be great, with the fall of Numenor being a wonderful climax to the film. Ahhh...now that would be sweet. But then, at my age, I may not be the one who lives long enough to see it happen! LOL

Pax,
CTherese

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM
I'm not ganging up on you!!! *hugs straightroad* and I agree! Aragorn is really good looking They're both good in fact...along with Faramir and Boromir and Haldir (<3) and Eomer etc etc etc XD

I'd love to see the Silmarillion as a film, and I can't wait for the Hobbit to come out! I think Legolas should get a small cameo in his fathers halls cos technically he would have been alive then yes? Just to please the fangirls *cough* :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:32 AM
Hehe Thanks guys!
I wouldn't mind if you all were Legolas lovers, it just leaves Aragorn all for myself! *drools*

I haven't read the Silmarillion, so I'm not too familiar with it. Actually I haven't read the Hobbit yet either.
Well hopefully the Silmarillion will be made and released for you to see, Ctherese
Although I am doubtful they'll make one..
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squarah-chan
I'm not ganging up on you!!! *hugs straightroad* and I agree! Aragorn is really good looking They're both good in fact...along with Faramir and Boromir and Haldir (<3) and Eomer etc etc etc XD

I'd love to see the Silmarillion as a film, and I can't wait for the Hobbit to come out! I think Legolas should get a small cameo in his fathers halls cos technically he would have been alive then yes? Just to please the fangirls *cough* :D

LOL on the "...and Eomer, etc., etc., etc..." I agree with you there! The book and film are definitely a 'boys club' per se; but great eye-candy for women! *blushes* Hey, as a slightly older woman, I even find Theoden attractive. LOL But I love Bernard Hill. Great actor.

I agree with you, too, about Legolas being shown in the Hobbit Movie. He would have been there with King Thranduil. I wonder if he was one of the elves that kept appearing/disappearing while the group was traveling through the forest. ??

Pax,
CTherese

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by straightroad
Hehe Thanks guys!
I wouldn't mind if you all were Legolas lovers, it just leaves Aragorn all for myself! *drools*

I haven't read the Silmarillion, so I'm not too familiar with it. Actually I haven't read the Hobbit yet either.
Well hopefully the Silmarillion will be made and released for you to see, Ctherese
Although I am doubtful they'll make one..

You know...I was thinking just that while reading your posts. You can have Aragorn all to yourself! *grin* But then...I do have my Aragorn days.

I would definitely suggest reading the Hobbit before seeing the films! It's a much easier read since it was written for children (not to imply that you're a child! lol). I zipped through The Hobbit in about 2 days; and my reading time is limited to bedtime.

The Silmarillion...ahhh...that is a tough read; but well worth it! The opening pages read like the Book of Genesis for those who are familiar with the Bible. I know that Tolkien hated allegory, but as one of his biographers said, "As a Catholic, Tolkien couldn't help but write [The Lord Of The Rings] as one." To that, I add my own thought, "And as a Catholic, I couldn't help but read Tolkien's works as one."

What I love most about the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, and The History Of Middle-earth books is that it gives the entire Lord Of The Rings story much more depth and rich history. For example, Gandalf was one of the Maiar (think lesser angels) as were Sauron, Saruman, and the Balrog. He (and four other wizards, including Saruman) were sent to Middle-earth by the Valar (think higher-angels—Christianity; or lesser-gods—Mythology) to help defeat Sauron. Gandalf was fearful about this task and unsure if he could stand the test against Sauron.

Sorry...just a wee bit of background for you. And that's why I love the whole story.

Pax,
CTherese

"Olórin was my name in my youth in the West that is forgotten". ~Gandalf~ And I've forgotten who he said this to; and where. ooops!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
LOTR hosts great eyecandy for people, yes. I mean, besides Gollum, I think the rest of the cast was attractive in their own way.
What, CTherese, why find Theoden attractive and not swoon over Gandalf ?

The Silmarillion sounds interesting and I flipped through a copy of it from the school library, although I was a bit confused. I don't think I have enough knowledge yet to go into the history of LOTR.

Oh, hopefully I don't give the impression that I'm a child haha!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
I Kinda flicked through the Silmarillion but I think having just read the entire LOTR, I wanted a change, so I just went and quickly read the appendices in the back of it before changing to something else. I used to have the hobbit on tape when I was little so whenever I read it I hear the voice of the person who read it out in my head...it's a little freaky But it is a good book, you should read it
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
Think I like Pip best. He is funny
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
Lol yeah, Pippin is so adorable!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:25 PM
I love the Silmarillion! My book is really well worn but what do you expect from a first edition? lol. But I love how in depth Tolkien went. I mean he made languages, races, histories, legends, worlds, maps. Sure a person can make characters and races but to make a history of that race and legends and languages for it to is just unbelievable!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:02 PM
Legolas all the wayyyyy!
*is not an Orlando Bloom fan*
*knows Legolas is O.B*
*likes Legolas anyway*

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Scholar
#45 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:35 PM
Legolas is the reason there are Half-Elves in my Dungeons and Dragons game. The scene where he took down the Oliphant totally does it for me...and don't even get me started about shield surfing down a flight of stone stairs in Two Towers...wow! And Legolas is the reason Orlando Bloom makes me swoon...well that, and Pirates of the Caribbean (I have a thing for pirates too...so a pirate Elf would be ideal...and scary).

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
Legolas is the reason there are Half-Elves in my Dungeons and Dragons game. The scene where he took down the Oliphant totally does it for me...and don't even get me started about shield surfing down a flight of stone stairs in Two Towers...wow! And Legolas is the reason Orlando Bloom makes me swoon...well that, and Pirates of the Caribbean (I have a thing for pirates too...so a pirate Elf would be ideal...and scary).

Really, I hated Elizabeth and Will :P
Captain Jack is the one I enjoyed watching in the movies! ^-^
But a pirate elf!??? That would be effin' awesome! :D

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Scholar
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
Yeah, Captain Jack is the coolest character ever! Will didn't get interesting until the last movie when he cut out his heart and became captain of the Flying Dutchman...yeah, that made him hot. Y'know...the pirate elf thing gives me an idea for my D&D game...I've had DM's block for the past few days...but you just gave me an idea... <wanders off muttering>

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:27 PM
I agree with Stygia . :P
But I like Aragorn much more than Legolas. It's just because I can't stand Orlando:P
And Aragon is just... Hot

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:43 AM
I am a Boromir Babe.

:lovestruc

BUT if I had to choose between Legolas and Aragorn. I'd go with Aragorn.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM
Prefer Legolas.
Yes. I'm fourteen. And yes, I do generally go after the feminine looking guys. >.<

Page 2 of 3