Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 5:40 PM
In media today my teacher asked me to do some things for her (go photocopy this - go get the dvd - go get some stroyboarding sheets - go get the pencils from art blah blahhh)
and today was the last day that we had to finish our story boards which are GETTING GRADED and because of her constantly asking me to do stuff (i barely stayed in my seat for 5 minutes)i didn't get to finish off mine - all i had to do was add what edits and shooting time they would be and if they are on the work your grades get docked. ITS HER FAULT. grrrrrrr. Now when we get our grades back tomorrow she'll go mental at me and have a go at me for getting a crappy grade :x. URGH.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 2:15 AM
I would definitely point out to the teacher that you didn't have enough time, Charley. That's an annoying situation. :hmm:

So, my vent is that I have a three-page essay to write for my government class this weekend. It's on an interesting topic, but I really would have liked to relax a bit instead of doing schoolwork.

#28 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 5:19 AM
This weekend's agenda:
Two lab reports (five page average)
Getting ahead on Secret Life of Bees (100 pages of reading and then analytical journaling on the chapter if I have time)
Designing a house for geometry (Hoping I can get everything from my draft translated in correct ratios to my engineering paper this weekend)
Write two debate cases for LD competition at the end of the month (Really long, difficult project that I am not looking forward to)

Relaxing? Oh, no, I don't do that; I'm an honors student.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:42 PM
I'm convinced I don't have any classes with anyone next semester; this shizz happens every year. I do know I have Civics & Economics with this guy named David (he gets on my nerves). On a good note this cute junior boy is planning to ask me out (although I'm going to turn him down; I just got out of a relationship and I'm really not ready to be involved in another one so soon.) I just hope I have at least one class with someone I socialize with.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
I'm convinced I don't have any classes with anyone next semester; this shizz happens every year.

Now you know what I mean .

I've been asked to write the headline opinion article for the newspaper and I'm absolutely delighted to do it, but I'm a bit lost. The opinion editor told me to write an article about Obama's inauguration and essentially "throw the Democrats a bone." As someone who tends to lean constantly in the direction of Democrats or Libertarians, I have no problem writing it, but it's conjuring the right perspective that's the problem. I just don't know where to take it... I need to think of a good angle. I wish she'd been a bit more specific, but beggars can't be choosers .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
P.E. needs to be punched in the face....that would be if it had one...
I have to make up a workout with 20 workouts...by myself.
I'm going to do it all now so I can turn it in by tuesday as my final.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
P.E. needs to be punched in the face....that would be if it had one...
I have to make up a workout with 20 workouts...by myself.
I'm going to do it all now so I can turn it in by tuesday as my final.

Your doing workouts for a final? At my high school we have to do exams....LUCKY!! :eviltongu

Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:40 PM
I don't have to do P.E. anymore :P

Anyway, my vent. And school hasn't even started for the year.
My friend just confirmed for me that the executive teacher for each subject teaches the highest level of that subject. For me, I'm in the top level English, SOSE and Science. I don't mind the English or the SOSE teachers, but the executive teacher of Science is the biggest tight-arse of a teacher at my school. I really, really don't want to have to put up with her for a year, but seeing as it's my last year of High School, if I drop down a level from Science then it won't be recorded on my Year 10 certificate that I was in the highest level
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:44 PM
Your doing workouts for a final? At my high school we have to do exams....LUCKY!! :eviltongu

Not physicaly doing the workouts, but making a report-ish thing of them.
Last for the same teacher we had exams, but this he wants to be wierd.
My finals are next week, after Monday off.

Does anyone else get out of school early for finals?

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
Not physicaly doing the workouts, but making a report-ish thing of them.
Last for the same teacher we had exams, but this he wants to be wierd.
My finals are next week, after Monday off.

Does anyone else get out of school early for finals?

We get out @ 11:30, on the last day of Exams (Thursday) we get out at 10:30.

Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:19 AM
My week was a roller coaster.

Monday: British literature paper due. We'd known about ti for six weeks, I hadn't done it. Weekly calculus problems due, done in class before. Play rehersal til seven
Teusday: Pop quiz on chapter I didn't read in AP Bio
Wednesday: Had british literture again. Faked sick, went to school in time for calculus, schedule messed up by standardized tests and I had to go to Brit Lit. Teacher glares daggers. Didn't do calculus review assignment.
Thursday: Rehearsal til eight thirty. Father gets email that I have an F in Brit lit.
Friday: Turn in brit lit paper! Take calculus final. be threatened with email to father that would deconstruct entire web of lies that let me get away with things for the week.

Now: No email- so far. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:24 AM
I tried to sign up for Newspaper I last year (Freshman Year) but I didn't because I was suppose to get a "recommendation" from somewhere. So I want to sign up for the course for Junior year but I don't know where I'm suppose to get this recommendation. I tried to email my guidance counselor (3 days ago) but he hasn't replied. So to anyone who is in Newspaper, did you have to get a recommendation? If so where did you get it?

Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:27 AM
We get out @ 11:30, on the last day of Exams (Thursday) we get out at 10:30.

You guys are lucky. After we take our finals, we still get out normal time. We usually just play cards, talk, watch a movie, or when we're really bored, play hand games.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:32 AM
We have two exams a day for a week. Other classes are normal time and normal curricula.
I am bitterly envious of your hand games.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:35 AM
are you guys serious?!?!? What the hell do they expect you to do for the remainder of the day? I would kill myself from boredom :p

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:37 AM
I get off at 12:30 Wednesday-Friday.
The usual is 2:40.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:39 AM
after exams we go to our next period and review for an hour and then we're on our way home!

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:41 AM
are you guys serious?!?!? What the hell do they expect you to do for the remainder of the day? I would kill myself from boredom :p

For example, today I had my fourth period exam (AP Calculus, *whinesob*). Before that I had first second and third period, same as every other day.

On Teusday (Love MLK day) I will have my second and fourth period exam and before my second period exam I will have first period, and before fourth period I will have third.

Does that make sense?

Mad Poster
#44 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:43 AM
Wow...all this talk of finals and exams. I still have another year before I go through that torture...
I feel sorry for you all. The worst exam I had to do was something of my choice, outside of school and for Japanese, and that was only one exam.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:44 AM
I got up really early to make up an exam that I had missed a day that I was gone. The teacher told me to be at school at 7 sharp to take it, which I was. I waited in the room for him until school started..and he never showed up. Ugh.

I hate my new classes...they are filled with stuck up people who only care about themselves. I miss my old ones :[

I was telling my friend Mel that I thought it was whack that my teacher had counted my make up assignment as missing when he hadn't even given it to me yet, and now this kid that sits next to me goes around making fun of me saying "That's whack, yo!". He won't shut up. I am seriously about to smack him.

[/vent.]

Just Call Me Allie :)
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:44 AM
It can be really fun or godawful, depending on the teacher. Last year, we played Guesstures in my American Lit. class and since we had some wild people in that class, it was enjoyable. Then, we watched a snorefest of a movie about the colonization of America in U.S. History.

Those hand and card games can really heat up. Get a good game of Slide or Speed going, and time will be over before you know it. LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:46 AM
yes it makes sense Furrypanda how much time do you have to take the exam? We take our exam from 7:30-10:30 then we go to our next period and review until 11:30 and then go home :hmm:

Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:57 AM
PixCii:: Really? Once you start high school here you have two exams for every credit you take, a midterm and a final. Each is worth 14% of your grade for the semester, and your grade for the year is the average of the semesters. Some classes just have you do a project, but the system at my school requires that you have something be worth the 14%.

Dreamydre: It depends on how scheduling works out. We're supposed to have 90 minutes, but today we had seventy. Our classes are usually ninety minutes long, with one class being 2 hours long so that each of the 4 half hour lunches can go. So today we had homeroom (don't have that every day) and the standardized tests (from the no child left behind act) ran long, so everyone had to wait in second period, and then two hours for lunch, and then the rest of the day for the exam. Usually if it winds up being less than an hour they postpone it.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 4:15 AM
Wow. My school must be pretty slack, FurryPanda. Actually, I know it is. We have the easiest marking system in my city, and when students from my school go to college they are generally surprised by the marks.
We have tests in maths and science but they're just the usual tests and aren't really worth all that much. Then we just have general assignments/essays to do in other classes, but nothing really like an exam. When I go to college next year I have to be prepared, but until then, not much happens.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:52 PM
So to anyone who is in Newspaper, did you have to get a recommendation? If so where did you get it?

Where I am, joining the student newspaper requires taking Journalism I, Journalism II, and procuring the green light from the advisor to get on the staff. He says yes about 75% of the time, but if he thinks you don't have it, he won't hesitate to tell you. If you join, be prepared to work... a lot of people I talk to think that it's all fun and games, but it's actually quite stressful.

Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
PixCii:: Really? Once you start high school here you have two exams for every credit you take, a midterm and a final. Each is worth 14% of your grade for the semester, and your grade for the year is the average of the semesters. Some classes just have you do a project, but the system at my school requires that you have something be worth the 14%.

My school does the exact same thing for semester grades. There are two nine weeks grades, each worth 43% of the semester, and then the 14% exam is factored in.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |

Page 2 of 6