Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:10 PM
Default SCRIPT WRITERS-over here!!!!!
We're making a progress, that's good. While we are working on our characters and deciding who's who, I thought the clever good-at-making-up-comedy-text writers could start some script writing. We have not yet decided how many characters are there and stuff, but it's good to have some comedy lines ready to be put together when the characters are made and we know how many are there. I'm not good at writing scripts and especially comedy, so I'l leave that to you, clever people

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:17 PM
Well, I was thinking that for our 'Friends'-episode-style movie, we could perhaps have our simselves/alter-egos meet each other (in a coffee house, of course) and have some sort of weird comedic mini adventure where 'we' all kind of introduce ourselves to the simming world. It's basically an intro through film.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:19 PM
That sounds really good, fee.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:33 PM
What could the comedic adventure be? It has to be something random and funny that would actually be in a Friends episode. Maybe it could involve llamas...

Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:35 PM
Um... the llama necklace belonging to one of the characters is stolen, and they all go on a quest type-thing to look for it, perhaps?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:40 PM
Pretty good. I'm thinking that could be slightly exaggerated, though, like it turns out that it belonged to the crazy llama-man downstairs (Mr. Heckles type? ) and he'll call the cops if they don't find it and get them arrested for theft (it was a priceless heirloom) and so they have to find it fast!

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:44 PM
Okay, another idea (what's happening to me today?): before getting into the action itself, we need an intro song, right? And while that song is playing, we have a pic of each character, side by side with a pic of the "real thing". Get my point?

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM
Yeah, that's a good idea. Or, to avoid copying Friends too much, the neighbour could be a crazy cat lady with about eight cats. And the cats are absolutely wild and keep popping up randomly. Just an idea, probably not even a good one...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:50 PM
I like popping cats idea. It seems so random. I'm still holding my intro idea, though.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:52 PM
Your intro idea's good. Only one problem... which intro song would we use?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:53 PM
Well, that;s what I'm having the most problems with. It has to be something special, funny and catchy. And NO, we can't use the intro of "Friends"!

Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:55 PM
*thinks for a bit* how about ... (and this could be really tricky) translating the Friends theme tune into simlish and getting someone to sing it. (or just say it, 'tis easier)
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:56 PM
Translating a song into simlish is somewhat of a challenge. First, there is no such thing as an actual Sim language; this brings to me to reason #2, that we can't use just random gibberish, 'cause it might end up sounding silly.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:57 PM
which is precisely why I'm regretting coming up with that idea.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:59 PM
Somebody on the thread in my siggie said that they would like to write music for the films. I better go drag them over here.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:59 PM
No, the idea is good, but hard to make. And I guess we already have enough on our hands. Locations, filming, voice recording etc. Not to mention the making of the actual actors.

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:01 PM
Okay, I'm proposing a candidate for the theme song: "19 2000" by Gorillaz.

Theorist
#18 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:04 PM
We could record some sims speaking or using the karaoke and make them into a tune or something Scratch that....*goes to brainstorm*
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:04 PM
*practice*

Forum Resident
#20 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM
We could write our own words for the tune that kind of go with the club, or have the Friends tune with 'simlish karaoke lyrics' at the bottom.

Forum Resident
#21 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:08 PM
I liked Animal's idea, actually.

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:08 PM
I'm voting against simlish song. No offense, but it's a complication we don't really need.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:09 PM
yeah. and that saves me from arghing at a computer screen cause I had the dreadful feeling that the poor person doing the translating might have been me.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:11 PM
Someone musical could just strum out a tune for us in the style of the Friends theme. I could do a trombone version, but it would sound like utter s**t on a stick.

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:13 PM
I've recently playing with Fruity Loops, making random tunes, but I lack the talent to make a series tune.

Page 1 of 8