Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:44 PM
Okay, Lana, I'll upload the Swordfish once we agree on a roof. I also thought, after visiting the Inhabitants Thread, that it might be a good idea to create a list of homes for the characters. Could you add that somewhere?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:24 PM
You should look at the 1st thread of the building thread. There's a list of every building we have to do/are doing, who does, what size, and same for the residential that I update when new characters are done. All relevant information are usually on the 1st threads
#53 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:29 PM
lol...sorry, I didn't notice. I'll go check it out right now.
Wiki Wizard
#54 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 10:56 PM
Is that now updated with the sims HP has created?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 11:23 PM
Nope, sorry I was waiting for her to finish the post and then after I got busy. I'll do it now
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
Here is my version of the map. Poor map has gone through a lot so it's pretty bad quality, sorry I began by the center so I haven't changed the outskirts as for now. I still have to type all the sizes but I thought I could already post what I've got to give you an idea:

I'm such a bad map creator I hope some of it still gonna be useful but feel free to tell me if it sucks :P

Wiki Wizard
#57 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:51 PM
That works, i like it! very pedestrianised! the outskirts do need changing quite a lot actually, it goes from very dense housing to undense in like a second

Just one point, in the middle large orange area, one path is 85x06, and the other is 10x50. Surely it should be made either 85x10 or 06x50 so we got an even path all the way around :P

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:11 PM
I know, I just can't make up my mind about it so I wrote both sizes

To continue with the outskirts, I will have to count how many community and residential lots we'll need to have to make everything fit (except the ones out of town). For now the center has 8 community and 36 residential lots. I'll probably make a beach boardwalk with some community too.
Wiki Wizard
#59 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:17 PM
Ok, well once we have the map finished and then the world complete, i will crack on with all my buildings, i just want everything to be finalised before i build anything to save the hastle

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:12 PM
Perfectly understandable. I should have finished tomorrow, so we'll just need the map then.

Beaver, it's been some time we haven't heard from you. Are you doing ok with the map?
Wiki Wizard
#61 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:27 PM
Just wanted to say, don't adapt the map to make my antique centre fit in with it's current proportions, i plan to completely rebuild it from scratch on a smaller lot, if it was placed in the centre of town i would prefer it, on a smaller lot

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:06 PM
This is the "a little bit more completed" map but without measures. Sorry I had no time to process it. It would be so easier to have a map to do that. Anyway i thought it would be already something so here it is, up to debate:

I hope you're gonna see my posts because I really have issues right now. I don't see new posts until I try to answer etc... Let's hope this'll get better :D
Wiki Wizard
#63 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 7:40 AM
Ok well Kiwi_tea is on board now so hopefully he will make the map for us i'lm going to contact him again later about this

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 5:58 PM
That would be great if he could start working on the map. I have restricted free time now so I could focus on building. We still need a lot of buildings. And having a map would make everything just easier
Wiki Wizard
#65 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 6:03 PM
Yeh i agree, i have sent him another email with a lot of information and links so hopefully he'll be happy to take on the role of making our map It will be so much easier when the map is complete!

Retired
retired moderator
#66 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:02 PM
Plan looks good guys, but too inorganic, don't you think? Let's get some overhead maps of small italian towns. We should definitely have a structured town square. We can work off the map we have above a little, but I towns tend to grow and shape themselves to the landscape. Especially in older days. I think, seeing as I'm coming on board, that's my first contribution: I'd like a map to work from like the one above, but it needs to be something I feel I can make look beautiful, realistic and convincing. I'm not quite certain I can do that with a town that is so geometric and, ultimately, a big rectangle. Let's get out some maps and keep brainstorming. Lanawinst, can you continue the map-making as we go and consult some images? I can make time for the building of the landscape, but it'll be difficult for me to find time to help a lot with planning the layout as well.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:14 PM
I find it a bit too squarish too, my skills with paint being awfully limited that was the easiest way to figure out the sizes and locations of the lots. Beautiful, realistic and convincing would be indeed awesome. I'll try to see if I can make a layout closer to those of an European village with the help of some maps, but you may have to extrapolate sometimes what I'll draw on what I wanted to draw.

Glad to have you with us
Wiki Wizard
#68 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:33 PM
Now that you point it out kiwi, you are totally right, it is a big rectangle, that would be my fault Lana, if you're ever struggling to make something then just give me a buzz and i'll try and help you make the map

Retired
retired moderator
#69 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:21 PM
That's sweet as lana, the nature of CAW means no matter how well we plan, I'll have to work in some changes to ensure the whole thing flows. Just get me the general plan, and I'll get to work on it. You're lucky my hubby lived in Italy as a kid, makes this a little easier. I have someone to consult (he's not being that helpful). :P

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:51 PM
Thanks DD, I might need it at some point

I traveled to Italy twice so I've got already some ideas that could help if I was able to express them clearly but still surely not as much as your +1 could . Sorry for being so slow to understand but when you say general plan what exactly do you expect? The whole map and: all the roads and the lots? the sizes of the lots too?
Retired
retired moderator
#71 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:06 PM
Oh, no. Nothing too in depth. Something like the map you have above, with the roads and the lots and some hints of lot sizes at least. That will be fine to work from.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:13 PM
Alright. I'll do that ASAP.
Wiki Wizard
#73 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:20 PM
Oooh i'm getting all excited now that is neat your hubby lived in Italy, i love it there! Oh wow, suddenly, now i'm thinking about it, i really want to go to Italy, lol :P

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:05 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 5th Mar 2010 at 4:36 PM.
I got inspired by these shots took in Italia, near the Lago di garda:

So I realized the buildings are really adapted to the landscape that surrounds them and along the beach more like that (it's just a draft):

If you all agree on the new form, I'll complete it.

Edit: I can make it look less wide, longer, less parallel and more irregular, of course.
Wiki Wizard
#75 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:25 PM
More irregular would be good However i do really like the new shape we should have some roads winding up the mountains to put houses in like in those pictures, that would be awesome! :D

Page 3 of 11