Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:30 PM
I find it hilarious how often the sims have birthday parties. Every day is someone's birthday if I'm playing a house with a lot of kids.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
Jay_envy: So cruel to poor simmies Did you notice our Lily's look kind of alike? That was on purpose haha, I was thinking they could have interwined fates or something. Didn't realize you wanted to kill her Laura, hopefully you won't kill Lilly Rhys off, otherwise my idea goes falling off a cliff. xD

Well, Lilly was "accidentally" adopted. And by accident I mean, she was adopted with the intent for my simself to love her as his own, but when she stepped out of the van it just sort of turned into pure hate. Especially when compared against my lovely Sofia.

Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Don't worry Kaila, Lilly Rhys will survive, I have plans involving her and Delilah Mitchell :-D

Awe, if Lilly ends up marrying Delilah, I'll have to take all the hate I have for her back. Same-sex couples in the sims are always so cute.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 5:15 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 9th Oct 2010 at 5:54 PM.
I know! :-D Birthdays are slowing now that Jared is an elder and the rest are teens, the number of parties was getting ridiculous!

Hehe, not sure they'll ever be married as such..... that's much too conventional for Delilah! :-D But they may end up living together at some point, in a slightly inept destructive kind of way.... Incidentally, though, your simself now loves Lilly very much :-) And the whole family gets on ok, though Sofia and Lilly still aren't the best of friends.....

Almost finished the Rhys family's Round 2, will post pictures soon :-)

**EDIT** Oh, Jim, I saw that you and Kaila were talking about having a small amount of CC for your all EP's mulitplayer neighbourhood, any thoughts on doing the same for this neighbourhood? Maybe max one or two MBs per player or something? It'd be nice to have some bug fixes and a few favourite items or outfits etc. We could each post a list of the stuff we want, and then agree between ourselves what's ok and what isn't. Up to you (and Kaila), obviously! :-D
Scholar
#54 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
Bug fixes? If you think we need them, then we should use Pescado's critical fixes. Wait, do you guys have patched games? Does that even affect AnyGames?
Otherwise, I don't care. Outfits, not really anything important. Skins and eyes would be pointless to add at this point. I'm even adjusting to playing without Macrotastics. Mainly I'd just like some decent hair, if we did decide to add CC.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#55 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 6:12 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 9th Oct 2010 at 6:22 PM.
Personally, the main things I'd like are an invisible recolour for the wedding arch and the name changer painting by ChristianLove (spelling?). And maybe a couple of poseboxes. So, a total of maybe 0.5MB max? Other than that I'm not that fussed, but it seems a shame that I can't take pictures that (I think) look good when I'm actually documenting households for a change! And I keep getting issues with names for some sims and I can't figure out how to change them using a cheat so I used the name changer painting instead (which I will remove before I pass the neighbourhood on).

I have a fully patched game (took bloody ages downloading all those patches with my oh-so-slow internet connection!), no idea if that effects anygames or not though.

**EDIT** BTW, the sudden emphasis on photo stuff and wedding stuff is because Lysette and Mathias will be getting married in about 10 sim days, and Sofia and Jayson a few days after that :-D
Scholar
#56 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:05 PM
Aww... I sure hope you get some good pictures!
Let's see what Jim says about CC - he's the one running this neighborhood anyways, not me.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#57 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:35 PM
It struck me that, if I only need stuff for picture taking purposes, I can put it in my Downloads folder and then remove it and relock the folder before passing it on, as it wouldn't need to be in the game for you two to play it. That should work, right? Or have I overlooked something incredibly obvious (as per usual!)? :-D
Scholar
#58 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 8:09 PM
No, actually, you haven't overlooked anything. Theoretically, that would work with hairs and objects too, but then it would be a pain to have to replace them every round.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#59 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 8:38 PM
But if you did it with hairs what would the sims look like when other people played the neighbourhood? Wouldn't they have weird random hair? I have made a small folder to keep things in that I want to have in the game, I will remove it before I pass the neighbourhood back to Jim. Nice wedding photos here we come! :-D
Scholar
#60 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 9:15 PM
Yeah, but it would still be removable - you would replace it with a similar Maxis hair after you finish your round.
Before you put it in, make sure none of them are mods that create new options when one Sim clicks on another Sim... because that could introduce the Debug: Super-Duper Hug when you remove them.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#61 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 3:35 AM
I've discovered that you can actually create a separate Downloads folder for each AGS config. That means you could restore your folder for the main game and not have any interference with your AnyGames. I already tried this with the all EP game and found I could put stuff like Monique's hacked computer in and it would function only within that AnyGame, not within other AnyGames or the main game. Have whatever you want, just go easy on the volume of CC. I wouldn't advise game patches though, for safety's sake. You can even leave the CC in there for other players to enjoy, because that's what I intend to do.
Scholar
#62 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 2:53 PM
I'm pretty sure game patches affect the core game files, not the specific AnyGames. I also have a patched game. But if you don't, it's obviously not a problem.
Oh goody! I'll be putting in some new Maxis-match hairs next time :D

tumblr
Mad Poster
#63 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 5:37 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 10th Oct 2010 at 7:07 PM.
Cool cool, I shall pop a few things in and leave them then :-) Maybe we should each post a list of what we've put in or something, because there's no point having stuff in there twice.....

**EDIT** I finished the Rhys family's Round 2, am just posting the story (and a short Round 1 story) on Livejournal now, then I'll start on Round 3 :-)
Scholar
#64 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:25 PM
Only thing I put in Round 3 was the Batbox, but I took that out anyways.

If I could have one hair... Seriously, though, those Maxis meshes are boring. But I at least want it to match everything else, otherwise it would look out of place.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=308662
Who cares about critical fixes when you can have HAIR? :D
But it's 10.7 MB.
But that's because it's hair.
It's only five files...
(I feel like I'm deciding whether to buy something and it's $10.70! Haha. In my normal game I'd put it in without pausing to think.)

tumblr
Mad Poster
#65 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:41 PM
If you have it in mind for a particular sim, maybe you could just put in the colour you need? That'd make it smaller. Or you could put the lot in :-D I do like that hair - I have it in my main game, and I have Nouk's non-Maxis match version too :-) Weird isn't it, I'm so used to just putting whatever I want in my downloads folder, it's kind of weird having to be sensible!

I put the downloads I wanted in, they come to 2.21MB total. That includes Monique's laptop from Insimenator (updated for Freetime), three poseboxes (Jaydee's Loading screen poses, MayPink's Lovers posebox, MayPink's *sexy* girls posebox), an invisible recolour of the BG wedding arch and ChristianLove's name changer painting. I may put a couple of plants in too, and maybe a terrain paint - again, it's all stuff I want for when I take wedding photos! :-D Oooh, maybe a wedding dress or two too..... (one for Lysette, one for Sofia). Depends on how many MBs it's going to be though. I may take the wedding dresses out before I pass it on, my sims won't need them once the weddings are over! :-)

Oooh, I posted Round 1 for the Rhys family (it's just a basic summary, as I didn't actually play their Round 1!) and I'm working on posting Round 2 now.....
Scholar
#66 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:56 PM
Yeah, I always throw whatever the heck I want into the folder. It's not a folder anymore, actually... more like a... what do you call it? Bottomless pit?

If you want the hair too, you could use a different color. I'm thinking Marcy should have it, she has braids right now, but I hate that Maxis hairstyle, I prefer one braid.

You can't take clothes out, because you can't sell them or get rid of them. Sorry. But I'm fine if you leave them in It's a pain not having Celebration Stuff (I have Double Deluxe.) I don't know if you can take terrain paints out though... I guess if you completely erase them it'll be fine.

You sure take your weddings seriously though, haha! I look forwards to reading Round 1 of the Rhys'.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#67 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 8:13 PM
I too have a bottomless pit of downloads in my main game (which is actually made on AGS, but a different anygame). I have 2.68GB - and counting!! :-D

Ah, I forgot about that :-( I'll just leave them in then, if I can find some that aren't too big MBwise. I think I take weddings so seriously because I recently went to a RL wedding in America and they ended up with some lovely photos of the day! Now I want that for my sims too! :-D I'll leave the terrain paint in, who relandscapes their garden right after a wedding?! And it should be a small file, anyway.

What I was thinking, about downloads, is that if we don't want to have to pass them backwards and forwards with the 'hood (I'm thinking of me here, I have a slow internet connection and it takes long enough to download/upload the 'hood as it is!), if we each post a link of the downloads we put in, with links, each of us could just download all the files ourselves and put them in when we play the 'hood. Also, that solves any potential "filesharing" issues, as some creators don't like their stuff being shared, which we would technically be doing. But if we all download everything directly, we're no longer filesharing :-)

The Rhys' Rounds 1 & 2 are posted :-D
Scholar
#68 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 10:23 PM
^For your solution above: It seems like it would work, but that would mean replacing hairs, objects, terrain paints, everything for each time you get the neighborhood. And also taking clothes out. Maybe if everyone is limited to 5MB, which is just three of us, four if Jay_Envy joins in soon. 20 MB? That isn't so bad. I mean, I only plan on using the braid for Marcy, who has brown hair. Brown and mesh is 3MB. Then I might have room for another hair. *immediately goes to browse at dustfinger's page*

Edit: Look what I found! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=302539 The black hair and the mesh combined are only 1.5 MB.

I understand what you mean now. So as long as we don't open up the game before we put the stuff in the Download's folder, it would work, wouldn't it?

tumblr
Mad Poster
#69 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 10:39 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 10th Oct 2010 at 10:49 PM.
You edited your post whilst I was typing mine! :-D I think it would, yeah, and that way we can have a bit more CC as we wouldn't have to download it lots of times (through Mediafire when downloading the neighbourhood each time), just once when we downloaded it ourselves from the original sites. And also, it's not filesharing, so added bonus there. As long as people remember to put the folder in before starting the game, it would work fine.

I just finished collecting the stuff I'd like, and it comes to 8MB..... I'll attach a copy of my list to this post.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Lauratje86ProposedDownloadsIllusionBay.txt (2.2 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#70 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 10:45 PM
Yeah, you're right, it wouldn't matter whether we downloaded it after or whatever. So as long as someone took out the downloads folder after th - actually, they wouldn't even need to take it out. As long as everyone downloads all CC before Round 4 and it stays that way then we'd be fine.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#71 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 10:53 PM
Yup, download all the CC in my list before I pass it on, then anything in Jim's list and yours, and then we don't need to upload the Downloads folder to Mediafire with the neighbourhood when we pass that on, so we can have a bit more CC without the file ending up being huuuuuuge.......

And then don't add any more, or at least make sure people know to download anything new if you absolutely have to download something else.

I uploaded my list on my last post :-)
Scholar
#72 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:23 PM
Wow, Laura, lots of content - downloading right now. For the tiny lights one... which file do I download?

tumblr
Mad Poster
#73 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:47 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 11th Oct 2010 at 1:06 AM. Reason: I changed my mind!
Actually, get the base game one. So, basegame_tinyceilinglight_senesi2003.zip not the other one. That one's more likely to work, as the other one was made using all EPs.

The list did turn out kind of long, but it's not THAT much, really. Honest! Seriously, 8MB compared to the 2.something GB I normally have in game? I think I did pretty well cutting it down!

Have you decided which hairs you're going to have yet, Kaila?

**EDIT** I've started playing Round 3 now, and I posted a little "preview" for those of you who want a sneak peek at what's happening with the Mitchells and the Rhys'. The link is in my earlier post which also contains the links to the other rounds. If you don't want to know, don't look - I'll let you all know when I've finished the round and you can look then.....
Scholar
#74 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 2:33 AM Last edited by Kailacat : 11th Oct 2010 at 9:45 PM.
So far if you have 8MB, I'll have 7.5MB of hair - three meshes, 2 black recolors and one brown.
I love your post I won't say anything here though.

Here's my list

I only just realized I got female hairs, and it's really the male hairs that lack variety. Fine, then all my guys for generations to come will have boring hair! Or perhaps I'll just have girls from now on. They're easier to name anyways.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#75 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 3:29 AM
I always get more satisfaction out of making my female sims look nice, for some reason..... I've downloaded the hairs you linked, apparently I was already registered with Raonsims anyway. Me, registered with somewhere where there's free sim custom content?! Oh, what a surprise.... :-P

How do you put one of those Show Spoiler buttons in a post, anyway??

Page 3 of 8