Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Wiki Wizard
#26 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:01 PM
:o omg awesome everyone, these are just so awesome, i HAVE to try this out!!! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#27 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 10:12 PM
I also would like to say that I have play-tested a house that I plan on uploading; the sims haven't encountered any issues with the stairs yet, neither have NPC's or guests either

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
OMG! How did you do that?!?!?! That is a WA basement wall right?

Ok, I do realize what simsample is doing but isn't this different?

It's basically the same, my tutorial was just what QBuilderz taught me anyway.

Qbuilderz, that is fantastic! Can you show in detail what you have done there, and an overhead view so that we can see where the walls are?

I've play tested a couple of these lots- one I set up as a bar and I had sims (and bartenders/ bouncers) arriving and leaving with no problem all night.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#29 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
It's actually really easy, Simsample! Having a house with a flat wall exposed is about...3 steps long and a jillion times easier

Since I don't need the sloped walls to be exposed, I don't even need to slope the basement except for one tile on each side of the entryway

After that, I can decorate, expand, build the basement like a normal basement and be free to modify the terrain above it in any way I want without worrying about breaking the playability (unless I lower the terrain, of course :P)

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
*pokes Simsample* I know how to slope basements!

Oooo I need to try this method! I had done something very similar, now to try this out! :D
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:06 PM
i have a question. Simsample, you said to make the stairs exactly 16 steps for the top of the terrain. could you increase that so that the basement is level with the street?

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
i have a question. Simsample, you said to make the stairs exactly 16 steps for the top of the terrain. could you increase that so that the basement is level with the street?

You can't seem to change the height of the basement walls (they stay 1 wall high), and you definitely need to be able to place steps around your basement to get the 4-square stairs cut out. So you're a bit limited by this- you can make the ground higher or lower, but you're always going to have a basement one wall high and stairs at least 4 steps down. You don't need to have the slopes though, as Qbuilderz demonstrated- I just showed that because for me it was what I wanted to do (as I wanted a raised car park).

If you play around with this yourself you might find something to suit what you want to do- and of course, you can show us the pictures!
Retired
retired moderator
#33 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:59 AM
Perfect. This makes my plans for Rawr Atoll viable again. I am very pleased about this! Thanks guys!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#34 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:33 AM
okay, thank you! i just wanted to see if i could remove the stairs but i see what you mean.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Alchemist
#35 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:33 PM
Need to try it out, now!

And maybe this method needs a name.
Q! you also named your methods ''Acrostacking'' and ''Geoblending''. You know a name for this one?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#36 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
Q! you also named your methods ''Acrostacking'' and ''Geoblending''. You know a name for this one?

I think Qbuilderz should call it 'Hobb-Hollowing'!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#37 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:51 PM
LMAO! I think I'll just let people call it whatever they want XD

Wiki Wizard
#38 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:20 PM
:o what an atrocity, you have to give it some awesomeness name! :P

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:29 PM
Qbuilderz, you should make this into a finished tutorial too and post it with your others. You can use my images, if they are any use.
Wiki Wizard
#40 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:22 PM
^^ totally agree, a tutorial would be awesome for us mere mortals! if you did a video tutorial of this i would love you even more, because heaven knows i can't do this without printing off your technique and sitting with it next to my laptop while i build xD

Captain Louie
retired moderator
#41 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Qbuilderz, you should make this into a finished tutorial too and post it with your others. You can use my images, if they are any use.

Okeydokey! I wil do that when I get home

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#42 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I also use AM which appears to affect routing to some extent.
No it doesn't. Routing code is lower-level than scripting and is not something that can be altered much at a script level. Otherwise I'd have already fixed some of these annoying route fails created by apparently buggy math in the stairs by eliminating stair route fail entirely

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:36 PM
Default Long time no see
I'm Domangcop~;; I was suprised by planty of people visited my blog...
So i check the reason and i found many people visited from here and i found this conversation about my house.... and i'm impressed many people trying to find out how to make it And make better!!!!!
if you guys needs hand just asking to me by E-mail~~;; If i can i'll help you. Thank you Everyone. And I found this way about seven month ago and this is my first house useing this way http://blog.naver.com/muler84/10085514445 Check the date... Someone said that i copy this methode............. Never. --;;
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:30 PM
Hey Domangcop! Thanks for posting.

We couldn't have figured out how to do this if we hadn't copied your house, so thank you for building it! Your technique is very clever, you seem to have invented a lot of unique methods for building. Well done!
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:38 PM
Default Thank you Simsample
I red all your posting and i found you also have a great skill~~;; Anyway Thank you so much and i hope many people using this way and improve skills Thank you
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 9:38 PM
a little contribution from myself to you.
Ahh... Now I feel stupid alright. Back on the 25th when I stumbled across this thread I was inspired to reverse-engineer that technique too and ended up writing a tutorial on my findings. .__.; Seeing how both Simsample and Qbuilderz went through it makes it seem complicated when in fact its quite easy to accomplish. I've found it to be so at least. Then again I think they were still testing this out at the time.

If anyone wants to see how I've done it, they can simply download the attachment which contains a .doc file - if not - they can wait for another to come along which I'm certain is on its way soon.

This picture, while not the house I built in the tutorial I built, was built using the same technique. Its rather dark and I apologize for that though I found it looked best at night.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Walkout Basement with Pool and Pond.zip (1.76 MB, 214 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#47 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 10:12 PM
I'm trying to make a courtyard next to a slope. Does anyone know how to delete basement walls? I've tried the pool way and it was isn't working.
Test Subject
#48 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 10:45 PM
Could you explain a bit more? Would this be on the ground level, on the basements level or another? I'll help out any way I can.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 7:24 AM
banbutsunoreichou, what a great tutorial! You have more in there than we covered in this thread.

I've converted it to PDF for anyone who doesn't have a word processor handy. Thank you for posting it!

unghie- perhaps you can show a picture?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  banbutsunoreichou_Walkout Basement with Pool and Pond.zip (2.18 MB, 289 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 3:58 PM
Here are some pictures. The blank areas are the terraces & the courtyard.

Page 2 of 5