Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:55 AM
Default List of World Ideas
Please list your world ideas here!

Make them in a list form so that it's easy for people to find ideas, and keep discussion to a minimum. Like this:

Apocalyptic World
Steampunk World
Lord Of The Rings World
Martian World
Arctic World
Desert World

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:30 PM Last edited by tizerist : 30th Aug 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Cruise ship (surrounded by water) (got idea from ts3 forums)
Twin Peaks from Twin Peaks
Aztec http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/image...tlan01_full.jpg
Ancient Roman http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...imary/1_461.jpg
Rainforest / Jungle (Like The Congo) (Treehouse complex!)
India / Pakistan
Mediterranean
Victorian London

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 3:48 PM
I have a list of these for future projects, but I may never get to many of them, so I'll share it here:

Scenic Port Town (a la Kiki's Delivery Service)
Densely Populated Asian Island Metropolis
Perfectly Stereotypical Suburban Town (a la SimTown)
Perfectly Stereotypical Suburban Town With Horror Just Beneath The Surface (a la Sunnydale)
Rustic Village Encroached Upon By Sprawling Town
Gothic Metropolis (a la Gotham City)
Australian Outback Town With Dam & Cattle Stations
Fictional French City With Algerian/Morrocan Quarters
Rural Town Around Moonlight Bay (ferris wheels, county fairs, etc).
Eastern European Vampire-Infested Woods With Town

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 8:39 PM
westeros (game of thrones) it would be hard becaus this is a whole continent
a medieval village
springfield
the city of GTA IV
El dorado ( the golden city)
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:45 PM Last edited by tizerist : 29th Dec 2012 at 5:51 PM.
Subterrania?
Where everyone lives underground. For this you would need 'uber doors' to connect the various underground lots together, dive well's are too cheesy for this.
Maybe even by using the Ambitions Drill Hole object in conjuction with subway rugs?* Is there a max number of train stations you can have?

*EDIT: Or the Tardis from Supernatural.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 7:40 PM
- Winter Wonderland
- Scenic Greek town (like Santorini)
- Faerie village (with lots of flowers, forests, and a Medieval feel)
- Haunted Town
- Wild West
- Different climates (tropical, jungle, desert, arctic, temperate, rainy northern (like England, Washington state, Oregon), mountainous)
- Medieval or Renaissance
- Small town/redneck town
- Harry Potter (with all the shops, locations, etc)
- Magical/Supernatural (with every mystical creature and a mysterious landscape)
- "Big" city
- Shipwrecked (not very useful for getting a career or using rabbitholes, though--more of a challenge type thing)
- Lunar living/futuristic
- Native American

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:00 AM
A Sherlock Holmes feel/atmosphere type city.
An underwater type world
Asteroid in space
Simbot world
Aztec world

Are some I've been thinking about. =]
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:46 PM
Default "Terra Nova" Please
I am a big fan of the new T.V. series "Terra Nova" and would love to have an exact or near exact replica of this world with the compound, characters, the enemy camp,time travel hole, etc. I have Pets so maybe someone could create some huge or extra-large wild animals, snakes, lizards or maybe even some dinosaurs.
Theorist
#9 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 5:58 PM
North Korea (with DMZ zone, huge sparse governmental buildings, barren highways, strong military presence, propoganda posters,etc)

#BlairWitchPetition
Theorist
#10 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:28 AM
I've got an idea on how to implement a cruise ship hood.
In Fresh Princes Vice City, theres a lot which is a cargo ship. It blends in with the water remarkably well. I added some fog emmiter water spray to create the illusion of moving through water.

Unfortunately though, I lack the know-how to turn this into a mini-hood, but this proves a decent attempt can be made.

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 2:56 PM
Ehb- from Dungeon Siege 1
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 11:42 AM
- Montreal
- New Orleans
- Rio de Janeiro

I've never seen none of these cities, don't think they were created. But each one of them is very beautiful and with interesting architecture or landscape.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:07 PM
i am looking for a waterworld...
I would change the vehicles into boats then
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:47 AM
We (N8iveSims mod group) have some ideas along the lines of efolger997's idea for 'Native American' but we want to get specific for each region and tribe. I've practiced making Wallowa valley but have not spent much time on it as of yet.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 9:25 AM
Definitely a fairy world, with the new ep and things from the store
a beach that's dreary like bridgeport (sunset valley is too... sunny)
A snowy colored world with colorful houses (some parts of main have houses that are brightly colored like pink and teal! It looks neat.)
a settlement in the middle of the woods with a little path to a river through a dense forest (could be medieval)
To continue from the first one I mentioned: Neverland? Wouldn't that be neat? Fairies, Indians, AND pirates!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:57 AM
All the talk of Werewolves and Vampires, Witches, Fairies and Zombies makes me think of Discworld and particularly the Ankh-Morpork City Watch the only thing missing are the Dwarves and Trolls. I wish I could build Ankh-Morpork but I suck at building lots :-(.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:18 AM
A Superhero world (Sims can have powers, missions, etc.)
Shakespeare (So like Veronaville from Sims 2 except based in the actual time period of Romeo & Juliette)
Farm life (An add on to pets?)
Greek/Spartan
Time Travel
Greek Mythology
Music through the decades (so like Frank Sinatra-Elvis-Beatles-Nirvana-Lady Gaga... more detail for performances, and life of rockstar)
Clue--so like cocktail party's, murder mystery
motorcycle (gangs)

so yeah..

OH and Robinson Crusoe/Gilligan's Island

cheers
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:32 PM
Hmmm... I would like for example... Phoenix, Washington or New York made into sims 3 format, that would be SO awesome! :D
But my personal, secret wish is that... someone made a dark world with extremely creepy fog where the city is divided into one part for vampires only and one for those who are still living... oooh, it could be like fog all over the vampire part and sunny on the human side :3
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:24 AM Last edited by simsample : 9th Sep 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Merged
Default All EP Hogwarts Project?
I would love to play in an Elder Scrolls style sci-fi/fantasy like world. The fairy worlds sound really cool. A space ship setting would be fun, since WA travelling could be like visiting nearby planets.

Supernatural's release had me looking around for some Harry Potter content, and got me thinking about what an all EP Hogwarts/HP World would be like. I have never made a world before, but I'd love to do what I can to help produce a good HP themed one. I was thinking this is a rather large undertaking, so I thought this would make a good collaboration project among creators.

Here are my ideas:

• Owl Mail
    Quidditch
    Apartment style Hogwarts, where Houses are households
    Sorting (can be chosen or determined by % influenced by personality traits)
    Non rabbit hole classes that build skills

• potions-alchemy, mixology, and cooking
      divination-psychic
      astronomy-logic (think telescope)
      herbology-gardening and nectar making
      care of magical creatures - horse back riding and animal collection, taming, training, fishing, bee keeping
      ancient runes- writing
      muggle studies- handiness, inventing, charisma
      defense against the dark arts- martial arts
      flying- broom flying and fitness
      apparition-"driving" or teleportation or whatever is closest to apparating
      I'm not sure what arithmancy, transfiguration, history of magic, and charms could go toward

Once toddlers become children, they are eligible to go to Hogwarts if they are witches/wizards
    Hogwarts utilizes the travel feature to whisk them away to school via "Hogwarts express," where the term would be something like this.
    Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts, and other schools could be boarding schools
    Tombs could be used to create things like the chamber of secrets, dungeons, and tunnels that seem to be throughout the school
    zombies could be inferi
    Some lot assignments could be included in the school, like:

• House common rooms and dorms
      library
      hospital wing
      art gallery
      restaurant (great hall)
      community garden
      pool
      gym
      small park
    Once students reach YA age, they graduate Hogwarts and go off to get careers
    The Ministry of Magic, Diagon Alley, The Leaky Prophet, and St. Mungo's are in a vacation area separate from Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
    Azkaban and Nurmengarde could be the police stations, but they would be likely be in the third vacation area (assuming London is not the main world)
    Unicorns and Centaurs could be some of the wild horses around the school

I'm hoping my ideas can help generate some discussion and inspiration on this topic, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you all are thinking!
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:27 PM
I started playing around with the CAW trying to make a Gotham World. I have the base of the world itself finished, but I just don't have the skill or patience to finish it right now. Would anyone be interested in having the world file to play around with?
Instructor
#21 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:16 PM Last edited by High Plains Gamer : 25th Oct 2012 at 7:12 PM.
Probably a list I will be adding to from time to time. Not in any particlar order.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Vilnius, Lithuania
Talinn, Estonia
Trondheim, Norway
Hong Kong
Singapore
Canary Islands (Spain)
Madiera (Portugal)
The Balaric Islands (Majorca, Ibiza) (Spain)
Vaagar
Tahiti (French Polynesia)
The Cook Islands
Dutch Harbor, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska (or perhaps Ketchikan)
Malaga or Alicante, Spain
South American Cities: Rio, Buenas Aires, Santiago, Quito, Bogota, Caracas
Carribean Islands: San Andres, St. Maartens, Bermuda, Bahamas, Aruba
Kelowna, Brittish Columbia
Inchon or Jeju, South Korea
Djerba (or Monastir), Tunisia
A whole host of Greek Islands (Rhodes, Mykonos, Heraklion, Kos, Santorini, Corfu)
Lanarca, Cyprus
Kathmandu or Lukla, Nepal
Mexican Resorts: Cancun, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarte, San Jose del Cabo
Monaco
Ski Areas, (eg, Whistler, BC, Courcheval or Mirabel in the French Alps)
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Nice, France (or other towns in the French Riviera)
Lugano, Switzerland
Amazon Research Station
Antarctic Research Station
Scholar
#22 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 3:37 PM
I might have missed these above, but there's some worlds that should most definitely be considered:

Silent Hill...
Or how about:

New Vegas (Fallout: New Vegas)
Or:

The Capital Wasteland (Fallout 3)
I know they would come under the Appocalypse theme, but still...
P.s. I wanted to put the pictures in spoilers to comply with rules from first post but didn't know how. Sorry.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 2:21 PM Last edited by simsample : 15th Jan 2013 at 1:32 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Rio de Janeiro!!!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:07 PM
Town in a lake. (Something like Venice perhaps), where houses are separated by water canals and connected by beautiful bridges.. There would be at least 3 waterfalls running into that lake. On the side of a like a hudge castle would stand. Around that lake there would be deep woods with few small creepy houses..
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 4:59 PM
Huge map with a beautiful waterfall (like sunlit tides) a huge beach and 2 story tropical houses with great views!
A big city on a huge map (like Bridgeport) But add vampires and werewolfs make the huge apartments and make a big pond right in the middle of the city
Page 1 of 4