Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 11:53 PM
Default Realism vs. Fake
So, I've come back to this wonderful group I've made, to enlighten people about what it takes to be Real and Fake.

Movies rely on what they think they know. Making Vampires sparkle, or making Vampires burn in the course of the sun. Now, that may be true in the depictions of movies, but what about real life vampires? When I bring this up, I am speaking of:

Hungarian Countess Erzsebet Bathory

Vlad the Impaler

These two were the most inhumane people to walk the course of the earth. They didn't just pick one race, or one gender, or one group of people. They picked on everyone. One claimed blood would keep them forever young, and the other took revenge upon the Turks. These two people were known as real Vampires. Though historians will say otherwise, they did drink Human blood.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:04 AM
Well they would count as real vampires, and they were as dangerous as a vampire is arguably (without being super powered of course).

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:34 AM
They killed so many people, its unreal. Erzsebet killed her victims in such an inhumane way, its scary. I never knew a person could go that harsh, and that bad, within a few years, and killing that many people. Some would say she did find the fountain of youth

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
They killed so many people, its unreal. Erzsebet killed her victims in such an inhumane way, its scary. I never knew a person could go that harsh, and that bad, within a few years, and killing that many people. Some would say she did find the fountain of youth

What about "Bloody Mary?"

"Why do you spend so much time with your friends? Espicelly when they're jerks to me. Oh! That's right! You don't know I love you." Bella A.K.A Simmer456
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:39 AM
Bloody Mary, she did kill a lot of people. But I do not know if she drank blood. I know that the Blood Countess (Erzsebet Bathory) did, and she even bathed in the blood. However, Bloody Mary did have some people maimed, and she did kill a lot of people in more ways than one. I honestly, can't remember how many lives she had taken.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 12:48 PM
I hate the vampires sparkle one as I think it is well stupid. I support the more Bram Stoker and some non twligiht vampire theroys.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:34 PM
Well, real Vampires actually drank HUMAN blood, not animal blood. Where would be the fun in that? Human blood was the base story in every single movie, or book. Not lets drink deer blood to just give a little fix here and there.

Real Vampires were the ones people ran away from. Put garlic around their doors and windows. Had a stake in their hand when they went to sleep at night. Now, those were REAL Vampires. Not the ones were they came out during the day and they sparkled galore.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
Well, real Vampires actually drank HUMAN blood, not animal blood. Where would be the fun in that? Human blood was the base story in every single movie, or book. Not lets drink deer blood to just give a little fix here and there.

Real Vampires were the ones people ran away from. Put garlic around their doors and windows. Had a stake in their hand when they went to sleep at night. Now, those were REAL Vampires. Not the ones were they came out during the day and they sparkled galore.

I totally agree with you

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 5:30 PM
Well, these depictions of Vampires lately, are super lame. I asked my friend if she was a Vampire what kind would she want to be.

She said a Cullen type, because I can walk in the daylight.

And I replied, I would want to be a real Vampire, I will just find SPF 1000, and I will be in the sun with you. Only difference I won't be sparkling, I would be pulling a Blade, and I will be standing in the sun

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:24 PM
Well, these depictions of Vampires lately, are super lame. I asked my friend if she was a Vampire what kind would she want to be.

She said a Cullen type, because I can walk in the daylight.

And I replied, I would want to be a real Vampire, I will just find SPF 1000, and I will be in the sun with you. Only difference I won't be sparkling, I would be pulling a Blade, and I will be standing in the sun

My friend agrees with me that Twilight vamps are stupid although she is crazy adout aliens at the moment.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:19 PM
Aliens are cool, though. Everything that has be represented as something scary has now been turned into a comedy. For instance:

Anne Rice Vampires or even Blade or even Underworld, people were actually scared to meet those kind of Vampires. Why? Because they would actually kill you, not be your best friend. How did Vampires become a joke? Stephanie Meyer's adaptation Twilight, and the movie Vampires Suck.

Now lets go to Aliens. Independence Day, War of the Worlds. When seeing those people were scared of Aliens, thinking that oh shit we are going to be abducted. But Paul comes out, and makes us laugh about them.

Here is the thing, us humans, we have no respect whatsoever. Here is my opinion. If I saw Vlad or Erzsebet in a dark alley. I wouldn't ask:

"If you go in the daylight, do you sparkle?"

Because more than likely those would be my last words.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st May 2012 at 1:45 AM
Here is the thing, us humans, we have no respect whatsoever. Here is my opinion. If I saw Vlad or Erzsebet in a dark alley. I wouldn't ask:

"If you go in the daylight, do you sparkle?"

Because more than likely those would be my last words.

That was hilarious. About aliens, they scare me majorly. They are easily more uncertain than vampires and thus more dangerous or creepy. Vampires are human, aliens are alien.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st May 2012 at 1:11 PM
I agree with you there KKiryu007Joker !

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st May 2012 at 4:48 PM
How can Aliens be scary?! Sure they are the unknown. I am going to be like K from Men in Black, I am going to bring Aliens some flowers. Either the following will happen:

A) The said Alien will reject them, and vaporize me.

OR

B) Accept them and we have peace.

I am hoping for B :D

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 1st May 2012 at 10:45 PM
Cool! I am not afraid of them, I just do'nt want meet them unless they are good aliens

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:27 AM
I was never afraid of Aliens. They are simply part of the unknown, and many people are scared of the Unknown. Its rather sad

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd May 2012 at 8:38 AM
Their is alot of things out their in space and not all them want to make peace. I am a fan of doctor who apart from that one episode whic was called "Vampires in Venice" that was not as great as it sounds.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd May 2012 at 6:55 PM
That is true. But we can't know for certain what the majority of those beings will and will not want peace, at all. It's sad, really. I just wish that we could know more of what is out there, you know?

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:49 AM
I know.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:50 AM
I hope their is someone like Sephiroth out there as he is so cute.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd May 2012 at 9:53 PM
Were you staring at my Avatar? Anyway, I am not sure if I would want to meet Sephiroth, due to his graphic nature of trying to destroy the world O.O

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:52 AM
I think that you have a cool avatar and I would like to meet him if he was a bit nicer.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:47 PM
Sephiroth seems like an interesting person to meet, Cloud he seems to emo for me. And I am glad that you like the Avatar

Anyway, back to the topic.

Did you know that Erzsebet would torture her victims even when she was sick in bed?

Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:48 PM
How could she do that unless she whiped them from her sick bed?

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:08 PM
Didn't she whip them. She would bite so hard on their neck, and ripped away their flesh. She wasn't the nicest woman alive. She tortured when she was sick. She would even go out in the cold, to get a victim that managed to escape

Page 1 of 3