Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:45 AM
Dome shaped roofs in seasons
I want my fellow mts users to please help me with building dome shaped roofs in seasons...

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 2:39 PM
I hope the experts would help if I could then i would probably help you out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:38 AM
New Cottage Project
Since I have not got any feedback for my questions above, thus I am asking another help. I am working on a following project. Please suggest any changes and mods to be taken care of. Your help would be appreciated.
With Regards
GodSpeed

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:20 PM
Hey can you help me with installing so called custom content. m new here. and have no idea what to do with it...... help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:22 PM
dont worry just go to this link and you will find about installing custom contents. if you find trouble you can post to this thread....
Installing Custom contents

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:30 AM
i THINK i WILL NOT GET ANY FEEDBACK ABOIT MY EARLIER POST.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:29 AM
I know you can get domed roofs on sims 2 but the problem is that trying to get it in the right place is awarkard.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 12:28 PM
No I mean we can have dome shaped in OFB but if you dont have OFB then we dont find it in seasons. Its there a way or a cheat to do so without having seasons.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 3:59 PM Last edited by sharill63 : 12th Nov 2012 at 4:02 PM. Reason: accidently deleted quotes!
Quote:
Since I have not got any feedback for my questions above, thus I am asking another help. I am working on a following project. Please suggest any changes and mods to be taken care of. Your help would be appreciated.
With Regards
GodSpeed

Nice home, GodSpeed! I love the window placement!

I have never built a modern house in Sims 2, but many in Sims 3. One thing I would suggest, if it is possible, is to reduce the chimney. Maybe try using the cheat "moveobjects on" to remove the middle portion and move the capped top down. *hey, it's worth a try!

Also, it looks like you have an edging fence around the roof. I'd be interested to see what it looks like without that edging. Might be a cleaner look to go along with the style of house.

I can see that I will have to try this type of house in S2 and see if my S3 building techniques work.

Here is one of my S3 modern houses as an example:
Blue Calm Palm

btw, thanks for the invite!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 4:37 PM
that was worth of a brilliant feedback. I will definitely try that and post the images as soon as it is done. Thank you.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 5:11 PM Last edited by sharill63 : 12th Nov 2012 at 5:12 PM. Reason: added comment for first post
OH! And I thought of one more thing! *hey, the brain is always working...lol!

If possible, find a flooring color that closely matches the siding. Maybe a little darker. Let me know what you think of that look!

Sorry, but I have no idea how to solve your roof question.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:29 AM
Its allright sharill. may be some else does. but your help with the house is better and I am kind of busy with my festival so cant post the images now because got too little time to play these week.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
No I mean we can have dome shaped in OFB but if you dont have OFB then we dont find it in seasons. Its there a way or a cheat to do so without having seasons.

I own all the sims 2 exps and as far as I know there is no other way to get domed roofs in sims 2 unless they are deco roofs.

Sorry

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:33 PM
its allrite sharill. just though building a house with dome shaped roof would seem nice.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:44 PM
Are we allowed to have atleast 1 or 2 CC's in a residential lot??

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
Are we allowed to have atleast 1 or 2 CC's in a residential lot??

Are you talking about the Pleasantview Home contest? Then yes, but it has to be something that you didn't pay for unless it is from the Sims2 store.

*how did your festival go?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:14 AM
This was the best time ever. Thank you.
No I mean using CC's For uploading a Residential Lot...

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 12:37 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 19th Nov 2012 at 12:48 PM.
You can have as much cc in an upload lot as you want, I try to only use a little, but you can load it up as long as the creator of the cc allows it to be uploaded with lots. Here are the MTS guidelines for uploaded lots. You can make a domed roof with floor tiles and CFE cheat but I'll have to link you to a tutorial because I'm terrible at explaining things, lol. Here is a tutorial explaining how to make a curved roof using cfe cheat You couldn't make a true dome, but maybe close. You have to play around with it though. cfe is a bit tricky.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 2:57 PM
Thank you jones it was very helpful. Since I am working on a project i.e. Oriflame Cottages in CFF. So I am asking about CC's.
By the way I have been told not to include CC"s Since it create a mess for the downloader when I First tried to upload a residential lot.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:34 PM
CC can be somewhat difficult to manage when uploading. You will need to track where you got it from and supply appropriate links and credits. I have heard from other creators that some people have had troubles when uploading because the moderators pay close attention to the CC list.

As for the dome roof, I have all eps and sps and have found the dome roof in my roofing section. Although it can be a little difficult the way that it covers the roof. I don't believe that it fully weather proofs a room around the edges. Simply because it only weather proofs the space that you use to drag it but the roof seems to stretch a square further than what you have dragged across.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:12 AM
I try to limit my CC for uploads, because I personally prefer not to download lots with tons of CC. Especially if the CC isn't included (if the original creator doesn't allow it to be shared with lots).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 7:10 PM
I want to ask that what would be the reasonable amount of CC's to be used in a lot to make it upload friendly???

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM
Did someone tell you couldn't use cc in an uploaded lot? You can use as much cc as you like, only it will put some people off downloading it and you must know that it's free content and have links to it. I find that part to be a huge pain so I always try and keep the cc to a minimum.

Sorry no help with the dome roof as I've only tried it a few times and it never looks right to me so I've ended up going with something else.

As for it being friendly, I think you need to ask yourself, does what I want to achieve really need cc or could I get this with clever use of Maxis items? If you look around you can also add career rewards to your game as buyable, but which don't count as cc in your upload. In the B& B I used a career reward fish pond. In my Lego house I needed to have a glass roof but the game doesn't come with a see through glass tile so I used a cc one from here. I try and use MTS stuff if possible as it promotes other creators work and it's just easier to find. Some people have no trouble sticking a list of 20 into their game, but I have too much cc already to do that so I either don't download or I download and don't install the cc. I guess friendly for me would be 1-5 items?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:12 AM
I try to keep it under 10, my pumpkin patch has 11, and as I am thinking about it, probably could have done without a couple, lol. But I really wanted a certain look. But if people wanted to not install the cc like jo said, it would still work. Except the pumpkins, those were kind of a must
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 4:15 AM
Yes I have been told to try not to use the CC"s because it would cause problems to the downloaders and yet it was rejected. I finally finished one project in the CFF and I ahven't used CC's. But with out CC's building a Modern house seems quite not good, so I am working on a modern house ( not posted a thread for the project yet) and I am thinking that this time I will use atleast reasonable amount of CC's for the lot, I would make sure it is all free content and thus manage the links too.

Page 1 of 2