Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:34 PM
Requested Username: Zarathustra
Reason for Changing: Zarathustra, the avatar Friedrich Nietzsche created for his masterpiece “Thus Spoke Zarathustra” can phrase my reasons better than I can, so I will make myself a mouthpiece for his words (and then explain how they apply to my request).

“One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil.”
My username is the same that I had as my student ID in college… when I was visiting MTS only for inspiration- basically, to be taught by the creators on the site at that point. Now that I’m uploading my own creations for the public to judge (and maybe ridicule me for, who knows…) I want to become more than a pupil, and want my name to show that.

“What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the ubermensch: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment.”
My current username may not quite be a ‘laughingstock or a painful embarrassment’ to me, but no matter how much I love my alma mater, the rank-and-file alphanumeric ID that they gave me isn’t up to the standards I set myself for artistic creations like MTS. I set my sights higher than “lhb25” allows for.

“You look up when you wish to be exalted. And I look down because I am exalted.”
Nearly all my creations to this point are skyscrapers- buildings which people look up at in wonder, and from which their inhabitants look down on those beneath them, secure in their exalted position at the heights of SimNation society… Zarathustra would understand the appeal of skyscrapers.

“I change too quickly: my today refutes my yesterday.”
This one is pretty self-explanatory.

Thus spoke Zarathustra.

And Leefish granted the changes and archived the thread before I got on to nab this.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook

Page 3 of 3