Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:05 AM
Spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Wasn't in the mood for something TOO fancy.

Would have been nice to share it with someone.

Outside of my family, I have no one.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:56 AM
Made soup (again). Or rather, I just spiced it. Mom did all the work (well, she wanted soup, not me - it's a lot of work with the meat...)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 4:45 AM
Mushroom/spinach/ricotta stuffed crepes with a parmesan garlic sauce (an effort at using up leftover mushroom ravioli filling that wound up being much better than the initial dish actually had been).

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 8:25 PM
Life lessons: too much good stuff in any recipe will produce unsatisfactory results. I call this the Burrito effect. Don't put everything under the sun into a burrito.
Also, there's the toxic effect: want the whole thing for yourself? Add anchovies. Anchovies are salty goodness and totally rejected by the unsophisticated

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:44 PM
Am a poor student again, so like pasta (fusilli is #1) with the randomly picked jar of sweet and spicy tomato sauce I found at Lidl this morning. Also I dropped like a spoonful of garlic and herb cheese spread into it cos I didn't have enough cash on me to also buy seasoning. So like it could have totally been better but its decent enough to eat without being miserable
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 5:35 PM
Leftovers! Accidental sticky rice plus, correctly cooked mushrooms, courgette, and onion (and some smushed in garlic). I also tossed in 2 scrambled eggs in at some point. And for every serving of dinner I have, I also include 2 scoops of hummus cos its expring soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:52 PM
Broiled pork ribs.
usually I eat a hamburger for breakfast and dinner and an omelet for lunch. When I figured out that the "Zero net carb KETO" buns were raising my blood sugar above 200, I threw them out. A hamburger patty just by itself is a sorrowful dinner. So, switched to ribs and salad. First day of Lent is Wednesday, so the freezer is full of fish. One meat meal per day and it sure as heck isn't going to be a hamburger patty.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 8:32 PM
Chopped up some mushrooms, some cherry tomatoes and one witlof (endive in french I think dunno the word in english) into a box, drowned them in some olive oil and apple vinegar and added like a teaspoon of black pepper and probably about a table spoon of "spicy" paprika (salt is spicier I swear). Later on I added the fusilli. And when I scooped stuff into my plate I also added a fork full of garlic cheese spread because I could
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 3:45 PM
i didnt eat anything for dinner since i decided to skip dinner this week
im trying out fasting in the hopes of helping my digestive system problems
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 3:23 PM
Green tea soba noodles with straight soba broth.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:00 PM
Student menu 101: pasta, jar of tomato sauce, chuncks of cheese
Scholar
#37 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 12:26 AM
A baked potato, green beans, and corn. Mmm. Good.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 2:08 AM
It's Lent so beef and pork are ruled out and I'm diabetic and carbs are out. So, can of tuna.
All in all, a bad day. Losing weight tho!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 5:03 AM
Something fishy.
(Actual fish, that is. And not fishy fish. This one was quite tasty).
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 11:36 PM
Had to use up the rest of the bag of salad and the tuna paste I made yesterday and also really didn't feel like making any food, so toast with salade and tuna paste it was
Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:34 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 21st Mar 2021 at 12:27 PM.
I've been playing with the crockpot and am learning that there are less good recipes for it than I had hoped. I tried a curry and it's rather meh, which is especially disappointing given how much it made. Oh well, meh curry it is!

*Update* Meh curry ended up being tastier after it had sat overnight. No adjustments to the seasonings were needed, but as it was all kind of just "slop", I added some cooked green beans. Served with yogurt (homemade) and a quick touch of Sirache sauce (I know, I know - different cuisine! But it's so garlicky and delicious!), it came out pretty good. Didn't even serve it over rice since it was a starchy curry with sweet potatoes and chick peas. Still, I have no plans to try this one again in the crock pot. I'll keep looking, so far I've found four recipes that I would try again, which is about half of the recipes I've tried so far.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 6:45 PM
A slice of pizza from Lidl because I'm really not bothered to make anything for dinner
Mad Poster
#43 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 8:17 PM
Pasta as my stomach is being a complete bitch over the stress of reading the financial section of the news on my smartphone.

As much as SSI beneficiaries like me are waiting with bated breath, I can't believe they screwed up the order to print it out in the first place.

(No...think calmly, next month, you can buy pre-orders of Miitopia for the Switch and the Complete Series of Rugrats on disc. Nostalgia tripping should be worth it.)

Lately, my eating habits are at best a nightmare. As much as I like cooking, washing dishes in junior year of high school broke me. I sang Tom Lehrer tunes from his album "An Evening (Wasted) with Tom Lehrer" to avoid ceiling high pile-ups in what I called "Dirty Dish Jenga". Tom Lehrer also invented a mnemonic song for the periodic table with a tune from HMS Pinafore and the Jell-O shot.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 8:11 PM
"Christmas" dinner (well - kind of. We did the same kind of roast we usually have during Christmas, which was pretty tasty. I think I'm getting the hang of that one now)

And made chocolate covered mini mint eggs (well... more like roundish blobs than egg-shaped, but they're yummy - I've given up putting these into chocolate molds because it requires about double the amount to fill them and that's too much mint. They're much better when it's just the right amount and not a mouthful). Might make some more chocolates tomorrow, but not mints (got enough of those).
Mad Poster
#45 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 3:37 AM
Steak with béarnaise sauce, because I wanted to learn to make béarnaise sauce. It only occurred to me while I was eating it that I'm not actually sure I've had "correctly prepared" béarnaise sauce before, so while mine was certainly GOOD, I don't really know if I did it RIGHT.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 4:36 PM
Chili Ricotta Pasta because I'm definitely not in mood to cook tonight
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 9:21 AM
Had some dino nuggets. No judgments, please. I used up all my good girl points on them.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:32 PM
Stove Top chicken stuffing.

Was hungry today.

Scholar
#49 Old 1st May 2021 at 1:09 AM
I don't know if this has to be something you cooked yourself, but I had gammon and chips for tea, with a fried egg on top. Oh and salt and pepper chicken bites for a starter.

I was out with my friends, at a pub (well, sitting freezing outside in our coats).

Coronavirus is so weird, we were only allowed a 2.5 hour time slot, and had to put a mask on to pop in and use the ladies, the staff were eyeing me up each time like "well I suppose you can come in if you need the toilet....but we're watching you!"
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:24 PM
Had a chicken gyros at a terrace today. Should have added tomato to my diy gyros instead of the onions, but other than that it was pretty good
Page 2 of 4