Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#376 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:17 PM
heaven_sent, what is this siding you speak of that you can change the edge color? I have Ambitions and I still could not recolor it so I had to use the 3 patterns. It's too late for me to change my entry now as I'm at work and the round will be closed before I get home but it'd be nice to know for the future.

Edit: Oh, Lifeslover gave us another day while I was typing but I still couldn't change it anyway on account of that save game throwing up on me.

kittens!
Advertisement
Scholar
#377 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:41 PM Last edited by suzetter : 12th Oct 2010 at 5:55 PM.
HS 8 18 - Okay, I deleted my new post (was#370) and revised my initial entry post for this round (#358).

Lifeslover - Sorry your feeling unwell. Hope you feel better soon.

Wicked Blue - I'm sorry to hear you lost the house --it was gorgeous!

Jewaukeela - Thanks for your nice comment. Unfortunately, I won't be uploading any houses from this contest as they're from floor plans made by someone else rather than my own original creations.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#378 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:51 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling so ill today Lifeslover. I haven't posted my entry yet btw. I was just about to rush and post it. I'll go ahead and post tomorrow then since I can. (Or later tonight.)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#379 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 7:15 PM
Wickedblue - I used an Ambitions siding that has 3 recolor channels. The first recolors the actual siding, the second recolors the shading between each siding, and the third recolors the edges.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#380 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 9:22 PM
I do not remember seeing one like that in the catalog. Guess I'll just have to look harder.

kittens!
Scholar
#381 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 9:26 PM
It may be under the sets tab. There is a right edge wall, left edge wall, and center wall.

The other one
#382 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 9:27 PM
It's not under siding, its hidden in the last one in the catalogue, misc I think. Sorry to hear you're poorly LL, hope you feel better soon.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Inventor
#383 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:20 PM
Thanks everybody! I found it. Too late for this house but also, there's a lot of walls under sets and miscellaneous that I never knew I had! I should pay more attention.

kittens!
Scholar
#384 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 6:30 PM
Cloudburst - the front of your house looks amazing! I think it has tremendous curb appeal. Good job!

Good luck to every one in round 3.

I'm traveling the next few days and don't know if I'll be able to get online much. So if you don't see a floor plan from me for the next round until Monday that's why. Of course, I'll check in if I can. As we're going back in time I'm wondering what the next round will be-- Regency?, Gothic? Rococco? Medieval? Biblical times? Prehistoric? Haha. Whatever, I'm sure it will be interesting

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#385 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 6:43 PM
Round Three is officially closed. I'll be finishing getting everything together within the next few hours and then judges will be able to start scoring. I'll post Round 4 in a little while. Thank you for all of your patience.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#386 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 6:52 PM
I hope you're feeling better!

Suzetter, I am LOL'ing at prehistoric. Now, that would be hysterical. Lifeslover, don't get any ideas. :P

kittens!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#387 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 7:40 PM
Yes, I'm feeling better, although still under the weather. I'm well enough, though, to be able to work on the contest. I'll post round 4 soon, when I get an idea for the bonus category. Thank you to everybody for all of the well-wishes. Gives me fuzzies in my stomach. ^_^

Field Researcher
#388 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 7:58 PM Last edited by aUserName : 20th Oct 2010 at 1:32 PM. Reason: extra CC
My house

Front view

1st level

2nd level

Living room

kitchen

dining room

Master bedroom

Bathroom

Kids room

Baby's room

garden that goes along the whole house

I used 6 pieces of CC
2 window, 2 doors and the top of the windows. And the roof I forgot.
Field Researcher
#389 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:04 PM
Oh no, did I miss the dead line. I thought I got it in just under the wire. Did I really miss it or did you just close early because you assumed that nobody could be as late as I was.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#390 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 9:01 PM
Well, there wasn't any set deadline for the extension. I just said I'd give an extra day. But since I usually close the contest around noon, and actually gave an hour or so more than that, I figured everybody had gotten their entry's in that were going to. I'll accept your entry, but I can't do it again, since it's not fair to the contestants who made the deadline.

Instructor
#391 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 3:47 PM
I wanted to step in and say that the entries are really, really good this round.

I won't be able to do my part of the judging until Monday. I will be gone Friday, Sat. and Sun. and will not get back until at least midnight Sun. night. My job requires me to stay overnight and there's no computer access there. I don't really have time today because I want to spend it with the little one and finish up some last minute laundry and cleaning.

I'm really sorry and hope you all are patient and understanding.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Field Researcher
#392 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 8:45 PM
Thanks LifesLover

It's funny, I thought the timer said the deadline was noon my time. But, that seem off because you should be ahead of me. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#393 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:55 PM
That's okay, fragglerocks. I'm busy right now trying to get a job anyway, and heaven_sent is apparently having issues with her computer, so for now, judging's on hold. And I still need to post Round 4... just as soon as I figure out a bonus category!

Well, the timer wasn't updated to show the new extension, aUserName. If anything, it would have been showing the time since that date.

Field Researcher
#394 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:51 AM
I meant that I had looked at the timer before the original due date and I thought that the hour count matched my time. Anyway thanks for your leniency. I can't say I'm thrilled with my house this round, but I'm glad I can participate.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#395 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM
Ah. Perhaps it did, if you live on the east coast. It's fine: I hate not letting people in because of difficulties. I just won't be able to do it again.

Inventor
#396 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:53 PM
This thread has been quiet for a minute. I had some free time so came to see if the new round is posted. Since I am here I might as well share a bit of good news; I got the house back. I still can't quite put my finger on why I couldn't load that save game before but it loaded just fine today so I have now put it in the library. I'll most likely share it on my blog once it's judged. If anyone is interested.

Lifeslover, if you're really stuck on a bonus category for this round, may I suggest you reuse the pattern or color idea from the first two rounds? I can't speak for everyone here but I wouldn't mind if you did that. No pressure. I'm just anxious to get started. :D

kittens!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#397 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:13 PM
Yeah, you're right, it's been too long, I'll put up Round Four. I was going to save this bonus category for the fifth round, but since I've taken so long to come up with one for this round, I'll just figure out something for the fifth.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#398 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:19 PM

An old world feel for the new modern era. Can you create, from either floor plans or an existing home, the Tudor architectural style?

Bonus Category

Tudors come from the very small to the very large. Can you fit a Tudor into a 30x30 space with enough landscaping around to make sure it doesn't feel small? Try your hand and see.

Deadline: Tuesday, October 26th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Timer

Plans

Inventor
#399 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:41 PM Last edited by wickedblue : 17th Oct 2010 at 2:07 PM.
Woohoo! I'm ready to get started. Here's my plan: http://www.theplancollection.com/ho...home-plan-16635

One stupid question: how do we show that it's on a 30x30?

Edit: Link changed. I didn't realize I pasted the wrong one. Oopsies.

kittens!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#400 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 11:56 PM
I trust the contestants enough to tell me if it's on a 30x30. Also, I've built with enough 30x30s to be able to tell overhead, so long as they show it all in the overhead.

Page 16 of 19