Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#801 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 10:23 PM
A mod where your sim(s) can cruise around town in their vehicle for fun without selecting a lot to visit. Sims with the vehicle enthusiast trait will refill their fun motive faster from cruising. I don't know how possible it might be given that there's no destination and the sim would need to take random paths and U-turn at dead end roads, but it would be a neat mechanic seeing as vehicles can only be driven on A to B trips.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#802 Old 25th Sep 2023 at 1:36 AM
I really like the in-game limos in TS3 and wish I could have them in my game as functional, driveable, and recolorable vehicles with the wheels spinning in motion and Sim(s) in the correct position(s).

Though yes, there is a mod but it's broken for me on patch 1.67. I think most if not all the vehicles are.
https://modthesims.info/d/364790/al...late-night.html

I remember years ago playing as a live-in active maid and that was really fun. Eventually I'll probably incorporate that back into my gameplay for some families but also playing an active butler/chauffeur would be interesting too. But I'll have to skip the limo and choose another vehicle.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077
Field Researcher
#803 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 12:17 AM
I know Fresh Prince Creations has one but his wheels on the cars there aren't animated if I remember right (I haven't checked to see where people sit in the vehicle).
Test Subject
#804 Old 1st Oct 2023 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by speedo10
A mod where your sim(s) can cruise around town in their vehicle for fun without selecting a lot to visit. Sims with the vehicle enthusiast trait will refill their fun motive faster from cruising. I don't know how possible it might be given that there's no destination and the sim would need to take random paths and U-turn at dead end roads, but it would be a neat mechanic seeing as vehicles can only be driven on A to B trips.

this is a great idea
Field Researcher
#805 Old 1st Oct 2023 at 11:03 PM
I have no idea how to do a mod but I wonder if the general coding of teens learning to drive from Generations would work. Granted the car randomly slows up, speeds down, slams on the breaks, etc. (which might be able to be modded out), and both the driver and the passenger actually lose fun during it, but you do take random paths and make U-turns with no specific route.
Scholar
#806 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 11:14 PM
(1) a mod that makes the animations for playing tag better. In screenshots it's never clear that's what sims are doing, because the animations are so janky.

(2) a mod that has inactive families take their cars instead of taxis. I give all inactive families cars at the start of my game, but within a few sim weeks everyone is taking taxis. I don't know how they lose their cars, but it kinda ruins immersion to see a rural town overrun with yellow taxis.

(3) more minor pets / improvements to minor pet enclosures. That rodent terrarium would be animal abuse for any actual rodent, and my sims can't even have a hamster (unless the womrat is meant to be a Syrian hamster, but it looks more like a guinea pig).

(4) a lighting mod that fixes how lighting cuts off at the edge of lots / on other levels of a building. A wall light not reaching the foundations will never not look weird.

(5) a mod that adds more video games and computer games. I get sick of seeing them play the same sports games over and over.
Top Secret Researcher
#807 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 10:36 AM
A mod that allows sims to sit while watching the piano player or attending a wedding.

A mod that allows Sims to use any other instrument for the music career than guitar (or maybe I'm missing something here? My sims is a piano player, but she needs to increase guitar skill for her career).
Top Secret Researcher
#808 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 2:03 AM
For the sitting:
Just Sit mod: https://modthesims.info/d/658725/ju...script-mod.html

My musician has the "Music skill" on the work panel. Does that not raise with piano?
Top Secret Researcher
#809 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
For the sitting:
Just Sit mod: https://modthesims.info/d/658725/ju...script-mod.html

Sadly, "sitting" is a different interaction than "watching". So you could make it look like they were enjoying a piano concert but they would relax instead of watching the player. No tips Other than that, it's a great mod, it just doesn't solve my issue.
Test Subject
#810 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
A mod that allows Sims to use any other instrument for the music career than guitar (or maybe I'm missing something here? My sims is a piano player, but she needs to increase guitar skill for her career).

Hello! I'm using this great mod. Another version is mentioned in the topic
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548988
Quote:
An example of how this works is the music career. Usually you would need to skill guitar to progress that career. Now you can skill guitar, bass guitar, piano, drums, violin or even the snake charmer basket. Whichever skill is highest will be automatically counted as your progress towards promotion.
Top Secret Researcher
#811 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IvaIn
Hello! I'm using this great mod. Another version is mentioned in the topic
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548988

Oh, that one looks promising, thank you!
Test Subject
#812 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 3:31 PM
Oh, that one looks promising, thank you!

You have nothing to thank me for. And regarding the “concert”, have you tried this mod with many functions? https://modthesims.info/d/677428/so...s-and-more.html
Quote:
Formal Gathering Club: Set musicians and/or a speaker (podium or pulpit). Have your club members sit down and act like they’re listening to said musicians and speaker. Choose a skill to increase while the club is in operation.

I use musical instruments in the bar and don't use chairs, but the participants watch the performance carefully and, if I remember correctly, there is some clapping.
Forum Resident
#813 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 6:50 AM

NRaas Careers makes this the default, it will instead say Musical Skill and track whichever one is the highest (from what I can see in the strings).
Test Subject
#814 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 11:44 PM
Not sure if anyone said this before, but

1) Having the "germy" moodlet have more of a negative affect. If a sim is sick, it should be harder for them to keep their energy levels up. And they should spend more time keeping their fun levels up, like reading or watching TV when they're not sleeping. For me, it's no fun being stuck in bed with a headache, stuffy nose, etc. All the sims get is the germy moodlet and it doesn't have any impact on a sim's mood overall.

2) Why TH are sims de-thawing other nearly frozen sims with a hairdryer? If it's for comedic affect, it's very unfitting for a critical situation. I don't even know how realistic it is but I don't see it being since nobody has a hairdryer at the ready. Can we get a more realistic way of de-thawing frozen sims please. Thank goodness I never had to see my sims freeze but can we at least have a cuddling in arms animation instead.

3) A mod to allow different members of the family, spouse to spouse, parent to child and vise versa, to serve meals in bed on special occasions or when a sim is sick. Includes a folding tray.
Mad Poster
#815 Old 23rd Nov 2023 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChrisChrunchie21
Not sure if anyone said this before, but

1 - Perhaps check out NRaas Vector?

3 - Just curious, will there be a "crumbs in the sheets" buff to go along with positive fuzzy feelings about being served meals in bed?
Forum Resident
#816 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 5:39 AM
A mod where you could change the size of the UI. I decided to connect my gaming laptop to my 4K TV to play games, but the UI is so small that I can't even read the text.
Scholar
#817 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
A mod where you could change the size of the UI. I decided to connect my gaming laptop to my 4K TV to play games, but the UI is so small that I can't even read the text.

https://modthesims.info/d/679614/bigger-font-size.html

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Test Subject
#818 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
1 - Perhaps check out NRaas Vector?

3 - Just curious, will there be a "crumbs in the sheets" buff to go along with positive fuzzy feelings about being served meals in bed?

In regards to the "crumbs in bed" moodlet, why not.
Test Subject
#819 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 1:25 PM
A mod that adds back in all the unused traits.
Inventor
#820 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bentleigh
A mod that adds back in all the unused traits.

Most of the unused traits were incorporated into existing traits. I guess traits like Wanton and Greedy would be interesting, but the rest pretty much already exist in the game, one way or another.
Scholar
#821 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 1:55 AM
Thought of some more.

(6) A mod that lets sims walk down the street together, or bike together. Currently I can direct them to travel together the same lot, but they won't travel side-by-side.

(7) A mod that adds more paintings for the painting skill. I've seen one mod for this, but it replaces the default paintings, and I like too many of those to give them up.

(8) A mod to stop kids / teens from trick-or-treating when it's not Spooky Day. Inactives are always showing up at my place demanding candy on Leisure Day, Snowflake Day, etc...
Field Researcher
#822 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
(8) A mod to stop kids / teens from trick-or-treating when it's not Spooky Day. Inactives are always showing up at my place demanding candy on Leisure Day, Snowflake Day, etc...

There's one that removes it entirely for NPCs. I could have sworn there was one to fix that bug but I could be wrong.
Lab Assistant
#823 Old 7th Dec 2023 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Thought of some more.

(6) A mod that lets sims walk down the street together, or bike together. Currently I can direct them to travel together the same lot, but they won't travel side-by-side.

(7) A mod that adds more paintings for the painting skill. I've seen one mod for this, but it replaces the default paintings, and I like too many of those to give them up.

I've been DYING for a "hike/walk together" mod. I play all sims games and I enjoy hiking in the sims 4, but it's repetitive. With the hundreds of custom worlds in sims 3, I would never get tired of a hiking option.
Forum Resident
#824 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 8:09 AM
I’d love to have a fully fleshed out restaurant mod modeled after the system in TS2 or TS4. The mods we have that edit the industrial oven are great, but they don’t cover everything I’d like to see. We need a hostess, waiters, chefs, a way to dine with multiple sims in a group, and autonomous pushes for inactive sims to order food either alone or in groups. It’s by far my biggest mod wish.
Forum Resident
#825 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twinsimming
I’d love to have a fully fleshed out restaurant mod modeled after the system in TS2 or TS4. The mods we have that edit the industrial oven are great, but they don’t cover everything I’d like to see. We need a hostess, waiters, chefs, a way to dine with multiple sims in a group, and autonomous pushes for inactive sims to order food either alone or in groups. It’s by far my biggest mod wish.

And adding on to this, I would love it if said mod was able to make use of the items directly, rather than cloned variants based on them. It helps to cut down on catalog clutter.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Page 33 of 38