Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 11:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Foundations grow higher when trying to delete them
Hi! (not a native english speaker, sorry)

So, I recently installed TS2 on my laptop, ran into some issues like CAS, weird shadows, it beeing in the wrong window size and looking too pixelated, etc., the common issues.
But now i've found that i can't delete parts of foundations or walls mounted on foundations because that will cause the ones next to the deleted ones to grow higher, and i have not found any topics related to this anywhere, so idk if it is just how it works (don't think so) or i'm in need of reinstalling and suffering

Thanks to anyone that takes their time to read this

Lenovo Thinkpad T14
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 2:23 AM
Looks like you have the building cheat CFE (Constrain Floor Elevation) is active. It's to build a variety of shapes like split level stairs and curved bridges.

Start adding floor tiles to the low parts and if the cheat is active the foundation next to it should go down. Continue with floor tiles until its all level. Then turn the cheat off by typing boolprop constrainFloorElevation true into the cheat window.

Do you have a cheat file by any chance? Check that, although it is odd to have CFE on be default.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looks like you have the building cheat CFE (Constrain Floor Elevation) is active. It's to build a variety of shapes like split level stairs and curved bridges.

Start adding floor tiles to the low parts and if the cheat is active the foundation next to it should go down. Continue with floor tiles until its all level. Then turn the cheat off by typing boolprop constrainFloorElevation true into the cheat window.

Do you have a cheat file by any chance? Check that, although it is odd to have CFE on be default.

Thank you so much! I followed blindly some youtube tutorials that had an automated way of starting some cheats

You are a life-saver! Have a little duck as a sign of gratitude