Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 2:47 PM Last edited by 4ffenschw@nz : 13th Nov 2023 at 9:12 AM.
[SOLVED!] Downloaded save Vendon world not showing in game
Hello everyone,

I hope it's ok to pose this question here as I'm at my wit's end a bit.

I've "successfully" installed the Vendon world (from: https://lilimo.tumblr.com/post/1207...r-the-sims-3-i). However, when I open the world in game, all the lots are empty while there should be buildings on some of them. I suspect this is because the buildings are only saved in the save file which I have installed as per instruction (placed in the Saves folder). The save is however not showing up in my game whatsoever. Just to make sure I'm doing it right, I've downloaded a save game for another custom world I've installed and followed the exact same steps and that save is showing up no problem. It's only the Vendon one that won't work. I've also tried having the game create a save folder first by starting a new game in the world, saving it and then quitting the game. Afterwards I've replaced all the files in the newly created Vendon folder with the downloaded files but after that, the save disappears from the game again. Does this mean the save files are corrupted or somehow broken? I would really appreciate some help as I don't know what else to do.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 7:09 PM
I think you'll have to contact the world creator for help. Maybe they goofed up somewhere.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 10:54 PM
Works fine for me and I didn't even install the world.
Make sure you just drag and drop the Vendon.sims3 folder into your The Sims 3 > Saves folder. It also has an almost invisible icon due to not having a household selected, so scroll to the end of the saves list and click the empty slots just to check one of them isn't the save
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 8:38 AM Last edited by 4ffenschw@nz : 13th Nov 2023 at 9:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Works fine for me and I didn't even install the world.
Make sure you just drag and drop the Vendon.sims3 folder into your The Sims 3 > Saves folder. It also has an almost invisible icon due to not having a household selected, so scroll to the end of the saves list and click the empty slots just to check one of them isn't the save

It is so strange but it's absolutely not showing up anywhere for me. Any other custom world and save is showing up just fine, I only have this issue with Vendon. Just to test it, I tried to make a save in the world by placing a household and sure enough, the save is not showing up either. When I restart the game, it's completely gone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I've just tried to delete the whole EA folder and letting the game make a new one, installing the town step by step and for some reason, that did the trick. Thank you for trying to help everyone and sorry if I wasted your time.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4ffenschw@nz
It is so strange but it's absolutely not showing up anywhere for me. Any other custom world and save is showing up just fine, I only have this issue with Vendon. Just to test it, I tried to make a save in the world by placing a household and sure enough, the save is not showing up either. When I restart the game, it's completely gone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I've just tried to delete the whole EA folder and letting the game make a new one, installing the town step by step and for some reason, that did the trick. Thank you for trying to help everyone and sorry if I wasted your time.

No, you didn't waste anyone's time. Every time a person posts a problem and comes up with a solution, this becomes of help to someone else down the line when they do a search for a similar problem.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 11:14 PM
Worlds are definitely the most finicky to install, sometimes redoing things until the game makes the right connections is how it goes
We're just glad you got it working!