Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 9:08 AM
Default Instant Lightning Strike Summoning Object
Hello all!

Been racking my brain for a bit and I just can't remember what it was, but I remember someone saying whenever their sims roll the want to get struck by lightning, they do something and immediately satisfy the want, I'm certain it was through a hacked object or mod. Basically, what I'm looking for is something that has the option to immediately strike a sim with lightning, probably through the selected sim clicking on the object and then getting struck.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 10:03 AM
Batbox and Sim Manipulator have 'smite' options.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 10:38 AM
I've heard that hottubs in a rainstorm work well. XD

Or you could try yelling at God. XD https://modthesims.info/d/217105/a-...teractions.html
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 7:14 PM
It also sounds like the kind of thing SimWardrobe would make XD You have to use the Wayback Machine to browse their site now, though. The downloads are available somewhere but not much help unless you know which one you want.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Batbox and Sim Manipulator have 'smite' options.

That was it, thank you! I always thought the smite option would just kill my sims or do something to delete them (what with all the other game clearing and cleaning that thing does) so I was too afraid to touch it!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
That was it, thank you! I always thought the smite option would just kill my sims or do something to delete them (what with all the other game clearing and cleaning that thing does) so I was too afraid to touch it!

The 'smite' option does not kill them outright-it gives them an electric shock, similar to what the electric gnome does. However, do it more than twice, and it will kill them.

It doesn't do anything else. It has no effect on the other functions of the batbox.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 3:08 AM
If you want to fulfill the Want without harming your Sim(s), do boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true, then Control-Click on the Lightning Want. (This will also work for any other Want that you don't wish to go to the bother of actually fulfilling.)

If you don't play with this cheat on full time, don't forget to turn it off afterward (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
If you want to fulfill the Want without harming your Sim(s), do boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true, then Control-Click on the Lightning Want. (This will also work for any other Want that you don't wish to go to the bother of actually fulfilling.)

If you don't play with this cheat on full time, don't forget to turn it off afterward (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false).

Totally valid, but I want the consequence, and maybe the death that follows! Makes the game more interesting.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
Totally valid, but I want the consequence, and maybe the death that follows! Makes the game more interesting.

More interesting to do it in game then, rather than use a cheat. XD
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 1:47 PM
Try my Charles Object Editor.

1. Select Person
2. All.../Do Lightning Strike on Obj

I don't know if it satisfies the want, as this want is rarely seen. You get the normal effects.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Try my Charles Object Editor.

1. Select Person
2. All.../Do Lightning Strike on Obj

I don't know if it satisfies the want, as this want is rarely seen. You get the normal effects.

When trying that, I got two prompts for the chance of fire. The first one only went up to 60, and the second to 100. Is that intended or a bug?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 10:27 PM
It is intended. The dialog gets less precise as you switch to bigger numbers. So you can still enter 1..60 in increments of 1, bigger numbers have a bigger step. There is not much point in this case, but I reused a generic dialog that is for money and such.