Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 2:03 AM
Default Weird game crash in normal gameplay, is this a sign of corruption?
Sorry if it's not descriptive enough, this is my first time posting here

I was just playing the sims 2 normally, running a home business, and suddenly my game just crashed. There was a sim that showed up (that I'm assuming was the cause of the crash) that had a completely red body, a head that wasn't even attached to the head, and it was T posing. Image attached

I installed TS2 from osab's starter pack. Testingcheats were enabled, but only for the make all happy cheat. Never done anything that causes corruption, I use the clean templates for hoods.

The hood I was playing was Veronavill
I ran the hood through HoodChecker, and there were a lot of "Sim does not exist" errors in the Sim Wants and Fears section. Also there were a lot of "Incorrect Subject Instance" errors and one "Unexpected Subject Instance" error.

This is my first time experiencing something like this ever, and I have never used HoodChecker before, so I don't know what it means.

Thanks to everyone that can help :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JBolt
Sorry if it's not descriptive enough, this is my first time posting here

I was just playing the sims 2 normally, running a home business, and suddenly my game just crashed. There was a sim that showed up (that I'm assuming was the cause of the crash) that had a completely red body, a head that wasn't even attached to the head, and it was T posing. Image attached

I installed TS2 from osab's starter pack. Testingcheats were enabled, but only for the make all happy cheat. Never done anything that causes corruption, I use the clean templates for hoods.

The hood I was playing was Veronavill
I ran the hood through HoodChecker, and there were a lot of "Sim does not exist" errors in the Sim Wants and Fears section. Also there were a lot of "Incorrect Subject Instance" errors and one "Unexpected Subject Instance" error.

This is my first time experiencing something like this ever, and I have never used HoodChecker before, so I don't know what it means.

Thanks to everyone that can help :D

These are pretty common errors, especially with the Maxis neighborhoods. "Sim does not exist" error and 'Incorrect Subject Instance" and "Unexpected subject instance" is related to a memory not a having proper subject or owner set. You can fix this via SimPE, but I wouldn't worry too much about it and it's unlikely to be the source of the crash.

Going by the images you've shown, and considering the starter pack you used includes the Graphics Rules Maker, are you sure you card is correctly set to be used by the game, and that the allowed memory is the same as what your card supports? If this is set correctly, then this issue might be related to a corrupt or bad custom content on that particular Sim.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry