Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 5:26 PM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 9:49 AM.
Default Plot of Land - BETA 2 out now! (Testers still wanted)
*This neighborhood is made using Jawusa's empty and clean templates, so it's free from Maxis bloat. An all EP/SP game setup is required to play.

WELCOME TO PLOT OF LAND!
Founded in 2013 by the Babybat family, Plot of Land is a small rural census-designated place south of Strangetown in a region known as "SimValley". The town is now opening to tourism and as such it has attracted the eyes of some rather interesting Sims.

STORYLINE PREMISE:
When the Babybat family sold all their land to local SimNation real estate mogul and current president, Malcolm Landgraab, it was only a matter of time before issues would start to arise. Having spent most of their money trying to build the town originally, the current living head of the Babybat family, Lucien II, knew that it was time to 'let go' of the town so that it can prosper and so that his family, particularly his son, Lucien III, would have a better future. But with the new influx of immigrants with radical ideals, will the town be able to prosper in peace or will these ideals tear the town apart?

SUMMARY OF CONCEPT:
The idea of Plot of Land takes inspiration from real world politics and from the very town I live in IRL, of course, names have been changed and a lot of creative liberties taken so it's not a carbon copy of anything in particular but rather has molded into a unique town of its own. Plot of Land makes parodies on several things that currently are hot topics. Immigration, Global Warming, Real Estate, Presidential Elections, etc. but it does so in a way that's fun, quirky, and fits in with the drama of The Sims 2.

Many families and townies in this neighborhood are a continuation of the storyline told in the PlayStation 2 version of "The Sims Bustin' Out". I've always liked the story concepts introduced in that game and wanted to expand on them further. You don't need to have played Bustin' out to enjoy this neighborhood, however.

PRE-REQUISITES:

These are things I couldn't include in the Custom Content Collection (found below) because these things include files that go into your actual install files and not your downloads folder. So, to make it easier and reduce headache for everyone downloading Plot of Land, I've decided to just link to them instead of including them in the collection. These may not be required entirely to play, but they're ideal to have for the neighborhood to function as intended.

Color Enabler Package (CEP)
Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for AL by Lord Darcy
More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture by Lord Darcy
Rugs - zMOG!! Off Grid!! by HugeLunatic
Neighborhood Lighting Remedy by Criquette

CUSTOM CONTENT:
THIS IS REQUIRED FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO FUNCTION AND LOOK CORRECLTY. DON'T REPORT ISSUES IF YOU DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS!

Plot of Land uses about 1.60GB of carefully selected Custom Content made by several unique and amazing creators, as well as some recolors, walls, floors, and a terrain paint made by me exclusively for Plot of Land. This download has been compressed into a .7z archive and weighs in at around 470MB. As it is such a large requirement, it is ideal to be ran independently from your existing Custom Content. You can do this by backing up your existing downloads into a folder outside of your main The Sims 2 documents, and then placing this collection into your downloads folder. I would not reccomend adding this to an existing downloads folder as this collection includes hacks and merged files.

This collection of Custom Content includes everything from walls, floors, objects, default replacers, and even useful gameplay hacks and fixes.

Plot of Land Custom Content Collection

EXTRAS:

This is entirely optional and isn't needed to run the neighborhood at all, but they're nice little things to have. It includes 8 custom music theme songs made by me exclusively for Plot of land and its story, a hider for most Maxis walls and floors not used in the neighborhood, and even a collection file for Build mode Custom Content and a small icon file. You can pick and choose exactly what extra(s) you want. Use them all, use half of them, use none of them. It's up to you.

Plot of Land Optional Extras

DOWNLOAD:

Lastly and finally the meat and potatoes of this whole thing, the latest build of the neighborhood itself. Make sure you download the required CC collection and the prerequisites before commenting about any issues.

Plot of Land Neighborhood (BETA 2)
Screenshots

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 3:31 PM
Hey @HarVee I managed to test this a bit and take some sims to community lots, and I have to say I really love it! Very cool aesthetic and really imaginative lots.

I made a few notes about things I noticed, would you like me to post them here or should I PM you? All just little things which you probably have already noticed or changed, as I know you are still working hard on it!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 10:34 PM
Okay then!

That's all I noticed for now, as I mentioned before I absolutely love this!

I also bumped into Sim Sample and Haywud!
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 10:08 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 16th Sep 2024 at 1:10 AM.
I'm downloading to see, but I can't test anything because I'm busy fixing mine xD But know that I support you!!

Edit: I didn't see Cass, didn't I send it to you? XDD The houses look very nice, and the story of the sale of the land seems very interesting to me. ^^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 4:52 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 2:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I'm downloading to see, but I can't test anything because I'm busy fixing mine xD But know that I support you!!

Edit: I didn't see Cass, didn't I send it to you? XDD The houses look very nice, and the story of the sale of the land seems very interesting to me. ^^

You did... I think... idk I have gone through many revisions and backups of this 'hood over the last few years, sometimes I forget to add things or things get lost in the matrix.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old Today at 2:13 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 9:55 AM.
Plot of Land BETA 2 out now!
The OP has been thoroughly updated so make sure you take 5 minutes of time to read it. Anyway, without further ado welcome to Beta 2!

The BETA 2 includes a list of changes so long it'd reach the sun. But overall, the neighborhood is almost complete now. Give it a play and let me know if you find any glaring issues so that I can try to fix them. So, I'll try to keep it brief of what I've done in with Beta 2;

Added several new memories to playables and a couple townies.
Organized memories so they make better chronological sense.
Added secondary aspirations to all playables aged teen and older.
Adjusted and changed interests for all playables and townies to better reflect their personalities.
Changed the predestined hobby for most playables so that they reflect their interests and personalities better.
Renovated several of the lots with new floors, walls, and different objects.
Expanded the lot for Frenz family.
Expanded the lot for Boulder family.
Expanded the Babybat Mini-Manor lot.
Added a couple story entries into the neighborhood storybook thing.
Edited a few relationships - Lucien II now properly knows Malcolm Landgraab for example.
Renamed the carpool driver and the deliveryman NPCs with names that better reflect the neighborhood theme.
Cruelty Hart has now given birth to a boy named Gabriel.

What I've done with the new updated Custom Content Collection;

Reorganized the custom content collection folder structure.
Changed descriptions of several custom content (to better reflect the neighborhood theme)
Changed and fixed pricing for some custom content objects.
Edited the advertised motive values for a couple decorative objects - A toilet paper roll is no longer worth 7 room motive for example.
Merged a majority of the objects into merged package files.
Included gameplay fixes and useful hacks into the collection - should stop the Sims resetting as @simsample reported with the original Beta 1.

Inventor
#7 Old Today at 6:59 PM
Is there any mod that is essential? I say this because I probably download it without cc, I don't mind having to color walls or change the look of the sims, it's just that I like to download it that way and currently it's easier for me since I don't want to make backup copies on my computer, I'm trying to avoid confusion with my folders xD.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old Today at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Is there any mod that is essential? I say this because I probably download it without cc, I don't mind having to color walls or change the look of the sims, it's just that I like to download it that way and currently it's easier for me since I don't want to make backup copies on my computer, I'm trying to avoid confusion with my folders xD.

The popular anti-corruption hack is included, "nounlinkondelete.package", without this you may get issues with Vincente Cortez when/if his ghost appears or if you try to resurrect him. Because I had the grave of Vincente one time randomly glitch out and disappear in pre-beta, but I was able to restore the grave using hood checker. All the proper character data got restored into a "HVPL_User00006.1.package" but a stub file still oddly remains "HVPL_User00006.package". It is possible that without this hack the game may try to use the stub file and not the full proper file.

"BetterNightlife_win_v1.package" (included in the collection) is also needed because you'll get graphic glitches underneath the neighborhood street lights without it as shown by @simsample earlier in this thread.

Honestly it would be easier to just use the collection instead of trying to run this without it. It was designed to be played specifically with it, and I can't really offer much proper support to anyone if they don't have it.