Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2024 at 11:40 PM
Default Frameless Windows with Blinds, Shutters, etc. | 6-Panel Doors | Double Doors | Privacy Fence
First off, sorry for not adding this to my last thread from yesterday. By the time I've figured out I want to find these windows, the other mirrors have already been linked, I had downloaded them, tested them, then marked it as found. As such, I felt that going and editing it to add more things I'm looking for would just confuse readers, both those finding/sharing things and those looking for similar things.

FRAMELESS WINDOWS

In any case, what I'm looking for here are some windows, possibly with matching blinds, shutters, and other window accessories, but I can live without those accessories. I'm hoping to find windows of at least two sizes: a "tall" one and a "short" one, possibly also versions with arched tops as well. These windows have no frame. They do have a lower pane that is set inward and can, in reality, be slid up to open similar to the Octopane window from the base game. The shorter windows should be able to be lined up so that the top of them and the taller ones are at the same elevation, but the bottom is high enough for counters to be placed under it. The tall ones almost reach the floor, but not quite.

Below are some images to help.

First, here is how I place my current windows so that the tops line up with the tops of doors. I have a door and an Octopane window with the tops lined up. They look decent enough, but the frame is bulky. What's worse is the Classic Casement window further to the left looks way too tall and too high up because the bottom needs to be at least as high as the counter in the kitchen inside.

Here are a few different sizes of windows of the style I am looking for found on a real house:

These windows have shutters, but most don't.
I'm not sure if they would need a "double window" version or if they'll be wide enough that two of them together creates the same effect.

Here is a window of the same style, but short enough that a counter can go under it:

Here are some of those taller windows and how close they get to the floor:

Also notice how the blinds are inset into the gap in the wall rather than sticking out of the wall.

I say they are "frameless" because they don't have a frame that goes all the way around them, but they do still have that little piece of wood on the bottom on the inside. the outside has no frame at all, though.

If possible, it would be nice if these windows are set up so that their default height position on the wall makes them line up so that the tops are at the same height as the Simple Single Panel, Perfect Pane, and similar doors.

DOORS

Speaking of doors, are there any 6-panel doors that match the previously-mentioned doors, but have the top two panels shorter like these?

Also, are there double doors for these 6-panels as well as for the base-game generic doors like the ones I previously-mentioned?

FENCES

I'm also looking for a different kind of privacy fence and 1-tile, 2-tile, and possibly wider gates to match. I already found these fences that have a picket-like fence, but I'm not a fan of how the pointed tips, little circle holes near the top, and the main supports look. They're fine, so I can still use them if what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

However, what I'm looking for have a different construction. They have supports cemented into the ground, then two-three boards are nailed to them from one side going from one support to the next, then vertical boards are nailed between these horizontal boards. From one side, it looks like this:

From the other side, it looks like this:

The primary search here is definitely for the windows. Everything else is just more stuff I'd like to find and didn't want to create many threads (especially because of the rules)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old Yesterday at 9:44 PM
Heh, my very first Sims 4 mod!

Only took about 20 minutes to make, and about 4 hours to figure out how to start!

Now I just need to do this for a double door, as well as add all of the other basic doors to double doors. I'll try to modify the existing Two Panel Double Door because it is at the right height.

If this don't work (or if I'm not happy with how low the knobs are in the double door), I will need to create a new mesh. I know how to do that, but I'm not sure how to implement it, and I'm worried about animations.

Beyond that, I need to make meshes for ALL of the windows, and that scares me.

Now, asking for feedback:

I think I will be sharing this mod when it's done because this game NEEDS more variety in the standard, generic, boring doors/windows department. You may notice that my door does not match the Geometric Six Panel door (or any of the other similar doors). I simply can't make them match. I don't have the Photoshop skills (not to mention, I'm using Paint.Net instead) to do that. As such, would be best to replace the base-game doors to have matching textures while keeping their panel shapes? If I do this, and if I can figure out how to add color swatches, I plan to go all-in on the color variations for all of them.

Lastly, I feel like this might turn into a mod-making update thread if we let it, so where should I go to do that, and should I add a link here to there and there to here? I've been away from this community for... oh... 4 years(!), so forgive me for being a bit odd.