Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st May 2008 at 2:41 AM
You can have more than 2 pictures, 2 is the MINIMUM not max.

Those mentioned are considered Maxis items and therefore, allowed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:25 AM
Thanks Dude Yes i know you said minimum, i just found it an unusual number for a minimum is all
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st May 2008 at 4:53 AM
I can't post my app till I have 5 more posts...

Should I just post here...?
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:07 AM
Sure, you can. If you can't post pictures, post them as links.
Scholar
#30 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:22 AM
Hi dude! I will definitely give this a go. I absolutely love the Curious house. It's my favourite to do over. Since we can demolish, I take it we can also build on a second storey?

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:55 AM
Of course you can. This cycle is a little more flexible than the last.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:57 AM
Can i just ask another question about those cc plants. Some outdoor plants are listed in the buy mode catalogue but aren't in pots etc. Can those be used?
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:05 AM
As long as they look like outdoor plants, that is fine.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:06 AM
cool lol you rock dude
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:24 AM
NOTE: Forgot to include this rule...

Please indicate whatever custom objects you used (exceptions: Walls, floors, custom plants). This will make it easier for the judges to score the "Rules and Guidelines" part of the criteria.

Also, briefly describe what you did to the house (those who were contestants/judges/lurkers from the last cycle will probably know this). Also put the round and name of designer/s on the title bar.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:08 PM
I really want to join this, but I will be gone after June 26th. Will I still be able to apply =/
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:19 PM
Default Lily Hamptons App.
Lily Hamptons App.

I only own the ORIGINAL game. No EP's or SP's.

My name is Lily Hampton. I am new to the designing business, so i'm planing to be the underdog. I'm currently 27 years old.

The Curious House was a fun desgin. The diagonal walls and the obeservation tower made it a fun place. I kept most of the structure intact, and added small 2 two story rooms.

The first story floor plan hasnt changed much, except that the diagonal walls where removed, staircase placement changed, and I opened up the floor plan a bit.

I added two small two story bedrooms, as I turned one of the three bedrooms downstairs into a nursury for the expecting Pascal. (I was in shock when I first met them!)

The kitchen has been redone as the family room was really opened up.

----
Cheers. I hope I did everything right. My first contest :]
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:50 PM
You do have to showcase all of the rooms, though (in perspective form). 2 is the absolute minimum for the interior pictures, but you can go beyond that. Also, indicate whatever CC you used that are not walls, floors and outdoor plants.

I'll add you to the list. Good entry.
Instructor
#39 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:51 PM
okay now I got rid of all my neighborhoods except the one that comes with freetime. now how in the blazes would I get the curious house if I wanted to apply to this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:51 PM
Default Avvies!!

More as apps come along...
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bopashu2
okay now I got rid of all my neighborhoods except the one that comes with freetime. now how in the blazes would I get the curious house if I wanted to apply to this?

Go to:

[drive letter]:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods

Copy the N002 folder and paste in on the Neighborhoods folder under your user files (those under my documents)
Instructor
#42 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:10 PM
oh well that's easy. lol thanks duderocks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:23 PM
No problemo.

NOTE: Please, PLEASE get your apps by the third (it's already June 1 here). Only one has submitted so far.

...and for those who love to decorate, but think that they need to improve on their pictures, please go here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ly_Bitchin_Pics
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brandon1107
I really want to join this, but I will be gone after June 26th. Will I still be able to apply =/

Last round ends on the 21st, so yes you still have a chance.
Scholar
#45 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:12 PM
Forum Resident
#46 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:36 PM
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:32 PM
I'm just about done my house. I absolutely love it. Just gotta add some plants to the outdoors and i'm done.

I also have two questions.

How do I make a seperate post containing my pictures, and how do I link that URL into here saying something else Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 12:02 AM
Oooh.
I hope app's start coming in by tomorrow.
I can already tell I need to start looking though house plans and desgin websites again...

Thanks for the avii.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 1:34 AM
I downloaded a large version of the giraffe that sits on top of one of the cupboards from teen style stuff at tsr. Am i allowed to use that for the nursery?
Aaaaaaand i just downloaded HP's bedding defaults and have since found matching drapes to go with them and the old bedding. Can these be used?
Default bedding matched drapes here:
http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=276962
and regular bedding match here:
http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=259359
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 3:15 AM
Yes, you can use them.

Quote: Originally posted by brandon1107
How do I make a seperate post containing my pictures, and how do I link that URL into here saying something else Thank you.

Just reply to this thread with your app. Right click on the post number (upper right corner of that post) and select 'Copy Link Location' (or Copy Shortcut for IE). Go to the edit button of the other post and then click the hyperlink button.

Page 2 of 13