Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 11:44 PM
Default Jo Douglas [ENTRY]
Name: Jo Douglas
Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior: Junior
Where are you from: San Francisco, CA

How did you find out about our sorority?

My class counselor.

What makes you the perfect canidate for Var Cham Annya?

Far from school, I am a popular, well known runway ruling model. In school, I rely on my brains for suceeding. Though I have hardly made friends...my class counselor says my fellow collegues can be nervy, 'cause of my rising fame. Really I wish my peers would see how fun, and layed back I can be. Being regularly harrased has forced me from many dorms I considered home, and dropping many of my classes. I realized, if I could join Var Cham Annya...I could probably change everybody's view of me, and also see my own place in a real school...versus being road schooled.

| HEAD SHOT |

| BODY SHOT |

| FREE SHOT |

I usually chill in my dorm room, on my own. If I plan on socializing, I'm as far from my school as possible!
Advertisement
#27 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:24 AM
Love your girl's freeshot heart-shaped!
We only need 3 more apps... hopefully brooke will post round one while waitng on the final three(or more) so we can get this show on the road!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 3:10 AM
I'm so sorry- I said I would join, but I really don't have the time to be doing two contests at once and I've already drawn up my app for the other. You probably don't need to know, since it's not like I'm dropping out or anything, but I just didn't want to leave you guys hanging thinking I would be one of the three entries you need. Sorry and good luck to everyone !

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TLAWBLIQUE360
Love your girl's freeshot heart-shaped!
We only need 3 more apps... hopefully brooke will post round one while waitng on the final three(or more) so we can get this show on the road!

Thanks! I like your's as well!
#30 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:04 AM
Default Josie Holt

"Hello. My name is Josie Holt.

"I'm a Freshman, originally from Pleasantview where everyone knows the best parties are!

"My mother Crimson Holt was a sister as was my Grandma, Fraya and my Aunt Harriet.

I'm Queen of the World...

"I would be the perfect candidate for Var Cham Annya for I am an academic student with a 4.0 in Physics (I intend to be a natural scientist so if you don't let me in my cow plants will eat you! KIDDING! ^^). Also I am incredibly neat and would be a perfect roommate except for the loud, late night parties I would be throwing but you would be there anyway...Additionally, I take pride in my appearance (as you can see!) so I would keep up the appearance of the sorority. Overall, I am the perfect candidate and I am determined to show people that blonds have more fun but can pick up a 4.0 GPA on the way..."

Me, at the University stables where I volunteer to clean the stables for complete access...
#31 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:17 AM
everyones apps are amazing
#32 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 7:01 AM
Awesome app Nia! Her outfit in the second pic is tres chic! Two more to make it official!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:08 AM
*sorry i am a couple hours late, family and i were out all day!!
Hope my entry still counts..!*

Hey! I'm Aurora Elisa Jase & I am 18 years old. This is my first year of college, [yes I am a freshman but don't let that fool you!].

I have lived everywhere, bouncing back and forth between foster homes, but now I live in Sunny Florida. I love it there!

It's kind of a funny story how I found out about your sorority. I wasn't at a huge party, but at a study group! Yep thats right..it was even in a library! I can have fun & party, while getting great grades at the same time. That's very important to me because I want to make something of myself.

I would be perfect for this sorority because I can make any time a good one. Growing up in foster care taught me to make the best out of what you got.
I finally was adopted when I was 16. Most kids don't ever get adopted that old, but I never lost hope. Now, it's my time to finally shine and I am going to make college the best time of my life. This sorority would be the icing on the cake!

I am always smiling!

I swear I started this pose before it became popular

I TOLD You that our study groups aren't your average boring ones..and that I make dull situations FUN!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 1:21 PM
I would like to enter another sim... Is it possible? (I'm late, I know...)
#35 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:27 PM
Everyone's pictures are great! I love your free shot Stacy.

Thanks TLAWBLIQUE360 you can just call me N if you want my name is kinda difficult. =/
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:45 PM
AHH! 9 Entries so far! I'm so happy & excited to see so many! Apps will continue to be open so get them in ASAP

Sorry I haven't been able to check in, I've been so busy and I lost my cell phone yesterday so I was in utter-panic!

Lenoba You may enter another sim if you want, as long as you are willing to keep them both for the whole contest

Anyways Round 1 will be up tomorrow. Great job on the apps everyone!
#37 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:59 AM
Sorry about the phone stitch Brooke. Can't wait to see the first round. Great entry Stacy, way to study!
Instructor
#38 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 8:47 AM
Ooh, i'll be back with an application!
I'm just finding it hard to decide what kind of character my girl should be. :D

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:15 PM
Default Round One

Round One
New Faces, New Places

This round you will be judged on your decorating skills.
**No CC is required** and any CC is allowed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Task One -
For task one you are going to be showing us your current dorm room.
Dorm rooms are 7 x 8 and shared with a roomate. We also want
to meet your current roomate and learn a little more about them.

**You dorm room can be connected to other dorm rooms if you wish**

PHOTOS
1. Pic of dorm room. (Any angle you wish, as long as we can see most of it)
2. Aerial pic of dorm room
3. Pic of you & your roomate in the dorm

Questions for Task One
1. Roomate's Name:
2. How Long Have You Been Roomates/Known Your Roommate:
3. What Will You Miss Most About Your Roomate?:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Task Two -
In task two we are inviting you to stay in our Pledge house during the
pledge period. Our pledge rooms are 8 x 9 and you will have your
very own room.

**You pledge room should not be attached to anything else!**

PHOTOS
1. Pic of pledge room. (Any angle you wish, as long as we can see most of it)
2. Aerial pic of pledge room

Questions for Task Two
1. What's the best thing about having your own room?:
2. What will you miss most about dorm life?:
3. What do you think will be the best part of joining Var Cham Annya?:

Optional Task
Note: This is completely optional and no points will be deducted if you do not participate!

Here at Var Cham Annya we all have very busy lives, as do you. We usually
ask that our pledges give us a monthly calender of activities they have going
on in their lives so we can be updated.

For this task please include a Calender of the month of July 2008 and
be sure to include any and all activities, events, birthdays, etc. that you
sim may be attending/celebrating/etc.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 1:56 PM
I reallly like the optional task, Can't wait to get started!
#41 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:06 PM
On the calender should we include pledging?
#42 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:40 PM
Nice round... gotta get brainstorming! Can't wait to see you app Janne!
#43 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:16 PM
Josie Holt
Round 1

Optional Task

This is my hectic schedule. My major is kind of strange that some months I don't attend class at all but this month my class was really early, starting at 4:00am. I have to go everyday except on the 14th when I go home to see my mother and her 5th husband. Joy. Occasionally I have two classes a day like on Tuesday the 8th when I had a special Genetic class to prepare for the test a week later. I actually end class a little early this month and start a little late next month because my teacher is going to the Galapagos to complete a research paper. You may have noticed I didn't do anything for four of July.... I actually grew up in England until I was 15 (I don't have an accent though because I was around Americans...darn it!) so I never really celebrate it. I have to get 5 hours of riding lessons in a month in order to continue to receive free access which isn't that difficult for me this month because the stables open at eight and class ends at eight. Additionally I am the substitute manager at the local Deli, "Mmm" (yep! That's the name!) so occasionally I get called in if the manager is out sick or whatever. Err... this month I am having a little trouble. I am going out with this great guy Brad... but yeah, I met someone else; I'm going to tell him the last Sunday of this month when we always have a movie night. A major event this month is my internship at Natural Selection Magazine, the leading Physics magazine. I'm like major excited, I'm just worried all the guys will be nerdy. Not that many parties this month but I have the huge Summer bash at the end of the month which is always fun! You may have noticed my little notes about the parties I'm attending "HGs" stands for Hot Guys meaning that Hot Guys will be at the party. "Lil C" means a limited number of girls will be going which is always nice. Less competition! ;D

Task One

So urm... yes. This is my room. My roomate, Aurora and I aren't the weathiest people on the campus (despite scholarship money, I still have to pay $20,000 for college and I can't get financial aid because my millionaire-mother refuses to pay for me to study a "boy" major!). So most of the stuff in this room was found in garage sales. Except for the desk and the laptop we coined all our money to buy that, leaving us with 100 bucks to buy the rest of furniture! The T.V. was there when we moved in as were the plain brick walls that we managed to cover on one side. Err... you may have noticed the trash; we had a party last night. You should have seen it before. The second picture is our mirror. Neither of us smoke so I can't explain the ash tray is there. 0_o

This is my roommate, Aurora Heart. Although her appearance may be somewhat... scary shall we say she is one of the most kind-hearted and intelligent people I know. Aurora is only 18 (like me!) but she's at college for her PHD in Psychology after graduating high school at fourteen. Aurora and I met on the first day of this school year being assigned the same dorm room. We discovered a mutal love of musicals (yes, I am an in-the-closet drama geek) and Thornton's chocolates (Aurora's aunt is English) by the end of the day and have been best friends ever since. The reason for her extreme appearance right now is because she has challenged herself fit into all the different social groups on campus by graduation. So far she has been Prep, Jock, Emo, Goth and now currently, Punk. I think she has a few days to go when her next target will be stoner minus the drugs. The reason for this "social experiment" as she calls it is to help her understand different cultures. Don't worry; I don't understand it either.

This is me trying to teach Aurora a few yoga moves back when she was "prep" - I don't think she appreciated my effort. That's what I'm going to miss most about Aurora. Her dark sense of humor you don't get at first but then half an hour later you're like; O---M---G, she just insulted me. Yes, her jokes are mean sometimes but they're so clever you can't help but laugh. I will also miss the girly bonding sessions we sometimes have when she decides to be herself for a day.

Task Two

My pledge room is quite a practical yet pretty room with a simple kitchen, a study area and a living room as well as my bed. I chose a double bed because decorating this time around I have extra cash from a new scholarship I discovered just recently. Red is my favorite color but I thought it was a bit too hard for a bedroom so I used a softer, slightly lighter and pinker shade as my main focus for this room. My favorite part of having my own room is the kitchen. When I first started college I must of gained like a zillion pounds from having to eat chinese take-out or gross soggy sandwichs from the canteen so it's nice to be able to cook if making burnt grilled cheese sandwiches could be considered cooking. Although my boyfriend Josh does make a mean tuna-pasta bake. The one thing I do miss about the dorms though is the peppy cheerleaders that randomly run past and cheer. It really installs a sense of school spirit into you. GOOOOOO TEAM! The best part of joining Var Cham Annya is the fact I will finally settle somewhere. Growing up, I moved all accross England as my mother went through four husbands. Now at college I know where I'll be living for the next three years. Another plus is the parties of course! ;D
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:44 PM
oo, i have questions about round one, i'll pm you :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:35 PM
Wonderful round ! I'm so glad I joined!
#46 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:57 PM
Great start Nia- she's got quite a busy schedule!
#47 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:07 PM
i really love josie's schedule
#48 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:16 PM
I know this a stupid question, but how do you tell if a room's 7x8 or not?
#49 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:08 PM
when you place the walls, the blocks inside should be 7 on 2 sides and 8 on the others
#50 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:15 PM
Thanks so much! :3

Page 2 of 7