Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 5:17 AM
*drools over new pictures* Oh... errr, sorry about that. *cleans off* >>;

XD Anyway, I had one more question. For the headshot, does it need to be all headshot-y and a shoulders-up kinda deal? The one I've come up with is more like... waist up. Not sure it would be acceptable.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 7:32 AM
Cin, that is just, er, um... *runs to the dictionary leafing through it, chucks it to the side* that is just Fan-freakin'-tabulous! LOL Seriously though, gorgeous shots

'Headshot-y' hee, my new favorite term And yes Buster that's fine, as long as it's not a whole body one and we have more or less a good sense of the artist.

And I agree with Ebbe, keep it up and keep 'em coming! :locked

-Ye of the sleepy Jocus-

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 12:13 PM
Thanks CisteCaise, Ebbe and JocusDorkus2 for your great comments
Scholar
#54 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:22 PM
Yaaaay I'm glad everyone gets my humor...

Cinamun!!!! you're killing me!! lol

Are Apps being judged?

I'm way stuck on what to do for my Official Portraiture. :~(
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:53 PM
Thanks for the comments on Karla - love the entries so far, can't wait for round 1 JocusDorkus2 =)
#56 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 6:13 PM
oh my gosh this contest looks so fab!
how long are apps open? (too lazy to go back to post #1 )

edit:: yikes, never mind. I just saw that they close tomorrow. Darnn. Hopefully there will be a next time....?!
Scholar
#57 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:54 PM
I think I'm finished with my app. Could anyone point me in the direction of something that tells you how to make those nifty 'buttons' if the picture is too big?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 10:34 PM
Zaggy, no, the apps aren't being judged, so no fretting! And my my! Those professional shots look just amazing. I'm all over the lighting, and her eyes! Love it.

Er, I don't think photobucket has to make thumbnails, I only know of imageshack doing that, and I'm not quite sure on the coding for that, so...sorry I'm of no help? Yeah, that :nod:

Me too Sawcarn, which reminds me... *gets to work on round 1*

Awe Remy! Well, hopefully there will be a next time, it would be a shame if not

Apps, apps! I'm hungry for apps! *growls* yum!

Yes, I've officially lost it...just a bit

EDIT: Just noticed looking at the timer that it's off. Augh, don't know why, but it's not eleven hours left, there's still about... *does caculations* 28 hours to go (tomorrow Friday 'till eleven o'clock pm at night for me, US Eastern time). Just wanted to clarify, so no unnecessary rushing. ^_^

-Ye of the lost Jocus- :einstein

Scholar
#59 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 10:59 PM
Default Fifth Column - Application
Name: James O'Reilly
Band name: Fifth Column
Genre: Alternative/Indie Rock

Headshot:

Official Portraiture:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 11:20 PM
Woot! Much love for Alternative/Indie Rock, and those shots are just gorgeous Romy. :banana: I love James' expression in the headshot.

:D

-Ye of the still lost Jocus-

Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 2:49 AM
Buddy, I'm sorry.
I can't make my app. by tomorrow I have to help get ready for my brother's graduation today and tomorrow.
I would have socked myself in the face with all this running around, but still trying to have some fun.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#62 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:33 AM
All Done! Thanks you guys! I love these entries so far and can't wait to get started on the first round..

<-- swimming in a lake full of joy because i'm in another wonderful JocusDorkus Production!
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 9:01 AM
Default The Zealots~ Application
~Name~
The Zealots

~Genre~
Alternative/Indie

~Headshot~
Zane Coulter, band leader and representative.

~Official Portraiture~

Okay, I think this is all good. Hopefully I read the app requirements right, and I don't need another picture. *nervous shifty eyes*

And please forgive the dumb name. ~__~ *is in possession of a brain running on empty and sucks at naming things anyway*
Instructor
#64 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 10:27 AM
GAHHH....
I clickeees on timer but it zes no!!!!
I has run out of time... =[

Lol, hopefully i you'll run more of these fabulosha contests?
I hear/read that you're awesome... Hehehe.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
#65 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JocusDorkus2

EDIT: Just noticed looking at the timer that it's off. Augh, don't know why, but it's not eleven hours left, there's still about... *does caculations* 28 hours to go (tomorrow Friday 'till eleven o'clock pm at night for me, US Eastern time). Just wanted to clarify, so no unnecessary rushing. ^_^

xJOFLx, looks like there's still time...11PM US eastern is about...15 hours from the time of this post.

must enter
*looks at watch*
must enter
*looks at calendar*
must enter
*looks at awesome entries*
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 1:23 PM
Default Radial Arm - Application
:Name:
Paul Strauss
:Band:
Radial Arm
:Genre:
Rock

:Headshot:

:Official Portrature:
Ivan (credits to chad@dlmuslow) Paul
Izzy(credits to rockchic) Snake

:Group Shot:

This is bad, so very bad. I left it to the last minute, downloaded the wrong model poses blah blah...well hey, the judges need someone to boot lol.
#67 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 2:30 PM
Default Skylar Blossomberri :: Application

Name :: Skylar Blossomberri

Genre :: Indie / Folk (Along the lines of Tori Amos and Fiona Apple)

:: Head Shot :: - Skylar, solo artist

:: Promotional Photos ::

Scholar
#68 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:40 PM
Apps are looking fabulous, I can already tell this is gonna be so hard to judge!
Scholar
#69 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:54 PM
Yeah Toriphiles!!!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying that the shot is okay, Jocus (and sorry for the late response). I'm glad you like the name, too. How does it remind you of Mystery Spot? I strongly disliked that episode, although I didn't like Groundhog Day, either. "Sam Winchester cries his way through sex!" was just sublime, though.

star.lilly: Skylar is beautiful! She has such mysterious, sultry eyes. Love the first professional photo.
starwyn: Radial Arm... awesome name! Fabulous job on the official portraiture.
BusterBrown: The Zealots make me think of Coldplay, for some reason. Love the second photo! It's very realistic.
romyhorse: James is gorgeous! You're always so good at posing your sims.
Cinamun: ... I lose . Amazing application! She looks so alternative and grungey... love it!
Ebbe: Thank you!
CisteCaiste: Thank you!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:44 PM
Oh Rabid, that was awesome :laugh: And it reminded me 'cause of the whole 'paradox' thing, though of course it turned out that it really wasn't, but yeah

Awe Pux! 'Tis a shame! But I understand. Next time, okay? 'cause if you don't... *shakes fist*

Jolf, NO! You still have time! So go on, go get busy

Cin, nice, love that second shot! The angle and lighting, just gorgeous.

Buster, LOL I agree with Rabid, they kind of remind me of Coldplay as well, and they rock in my opinion, so yay for the Zealots! And yes, you're right, you don't need another shot once you have the band group shot, though it's optional if you want to add another one.

*glomps Destin and ties him to contest* must is an understatement dear, lol :D

Starwyn, I don't know what you're going on about, I really like the group picture! First off, hot tatts, and second, it's in black and white and they look like a good band. And I do like the name very muchly :nod: Though I want to clarify that the Headshot is of the band representative only, without the other members. You could use that one as your second group shot. But that's it ^_^

Star Lily, not that I make a habit of agreeing with Rabid (although she has a knack for pointing out interesting and true facts), Skylar has very beautiful, mysterious eyes. I just can't look away! And I love the professional shots, especially the second one, it just flows very natural.

I know Jonesi, it's gonna be a tough one indeed!

Okay, and lastly, I just wanted to clarify on the 'names' part of the app, because some of the apps have the band name has the representative's name.
Quote:
Name: *of the agent, solo artist/band representative
Band/solo stage name:
Genre: *kind of music showcased

Headshot: *agent/artist/band representative

Official Portraiture: *this is where ‘official’ groups shots are put, and you can choose to make it as a ‘group’ shot or even of each individual member (if this is option is chosen, don’t make the images too big) or two professional shots of the solo artist.

Oh, and just to inform on a last note, there still is about eight to nine hours left before the apps officially close.

-ye of the long rants- :smash:

Mad Poster
#72 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:47 PM
Radioactive Paradox actually came from Oscar Wilde :D.

Me? A literature nerd? Of course not :howdy:.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#73 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:02 PM
I am just going to be a lurker but from what I have been seeing... I do not envy the judges. These pictures are great and it is just the applications.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:22 PM
Im here. All i have to say about the applications so far.....

:jaw:

Sorry about my tardiness, family function yesterday..was gone all day.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 9:38 PM
Hey, this contest looks great - definitely one of the most original contests in a while. I'd love to enter, but I wouldn't be able to get in an application for an hour or so... If applications are completely closed now, though, good luck to everyone - the entries all look fantastic!

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes

Page 3 of 11