Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:25 PM
My oh my! I was thinking. I could remember when hosts had to turn entries away back in the good old days! I'm sure many remember that too! I guess people lose interest and have a real life lol I really hope more join. I know it will be a great contest.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:35 PM
Great minds think alike Michele.
I really want this contest to move on. Come on people!

I'm still debating what to do for my bodyshot.
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:49 PM
I would like to welcome our third judge....Psy10! I must say that we have a great panel of judges and I am grateful for them taking the time to judge for this contest.

I am excited and have very high hopes for this contest...and I think that you are going to find the rounds fun. There are only going to be 2 pics per round except one round may have 3 pics. I want quality verus quanity and I want you as contestants to have fun and not stress on having to do a lot of pics.

Essa girl...it is good to see your face I was thinking on the same lines as Michele and you about in the good old days host had to stop applications due to having too many...lol...well, those days are gone it seems.
Alchemist
#54 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:53 PM
I just think I will stop saying I'm retired.
BTW what is the requirement for the headshot? Has it to be on a plain background or it doesn't matter?
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:55 PM
The background does not matter, I decided that I am not going to do avatars for this contest.

I personally am very glad that you are not retired, you are too good to retire and we need ppl like you for inspiration sweetie .
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:14 PM
UH OH Essa! I may have to change my pictures now You know I love you my dear friend!
#57 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:14 PM
Just checking in as one of your judges.

Lets get some more entries! :D
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:37 PM
Essa's Back !!!
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:54 PM
I will be back in a little bit, got to go in-game and take some pics for a contest and a flickr group request.
#60 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I just think I will stop saying I'm retired.
BTW what is the requirement for the headshot? Has it to be on a plain background or it doesn't matter?

WOOHOO!!!! Knew we'd finally get you back!

I'm working on an entry too, but also having trouble coming up with inspiration for my body shot. It's great to see a host that's so attentive; that's why I really cut back on the amount of contests I've done in this forum, but what I've seen in the thread so far has served to remind me of why I do them in the first place. Be on the lookout for my entry very soon.
Alchemist
#61 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:39 PM
Default Rae Wilson ~~ Application
Name: Rae Wilson
Team: Celebrity
Why do you feel you should be the Ultimate Status Symbol?
Because I will show everybody that I have what fashion needs. Being curvy really don't matter.

Headshot w/o make-up (freckles come with blush )

Body shot

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:52 PM
YAY, you picked Celebrity! We are both on the same team! :D
Alchemist
#63 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:04 PM
Yay. I think this team lacks members.
Free and Will, I'm looking forward to seeing your entries. *is feeling really special*
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:11 PM
Thats why I picked it too, not many had Celebrity! I need to, what do you all call it, try and raise the bar A LOT! I think DJ this is going to turn out good for you after all! If I don't come back before judging, good luck everyone!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:35 PM
Checking in, as one of the judges, so far the entries are really good, really professional....

sorry for my tardiness, i went to my grandmas to drop off a crotchet needle, and well being that i stayed up ALL night i crashed out at her house for a couple of hours.

Just as a heads up, i am usually rotating my times that i am online, like i go on sims 2 on odd times BUT i do check in with the forum so if you are PMing me, DONT worry about me not getting it, i will get it and i will reply as soon as i can.

Just thought i let everyone know.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:10 AM
I changed my head shot a bit.

Welcome to the forum cchagdes, I see your new.
Instructor
#67 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:00 AM
Breezy and Essa, beautiful entries~! ^_^ Let's hope we get some more entries~!
I said it before, but, this'll be a fierce contest. xD
I'm so excited. ^^-

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
Scholar
#68 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Will9525
Essa's Back !!!

WHAT WILL SAID!!

*bounces off wall*

How long do I have to get an app in? :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michele D
Welcome to the forum cchagdes, I see your new.

Well i have been here for over i think four months now. i guess that makes me new. my posts are mainly in the pictures section....speaking of which...

i need to head there right now.
Instructor
#70 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun

^_^ Midnight, EST, on the 10th.
Soooo.... *mental math* A day? Or just a little less.
However, DiDi did mention adding a day on if we didn't get enough apps.
Not sure how that is going, however.

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
#71 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:48 AM
Default Application: Caprica
Name: Caprica Belzen, but is professionally known by only her first name
Team: Celebrity

Because once I'm in your head, you'll never get me out.

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
WHAT WILL SAID!!

*bounces off wall*

I just found this.
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...59&postcount=50

Come on Cinamun, you know you want to join

Will I have seen your work over at inSIM and you do very well, the pictures I have seen!

I bet DJ is having problems again with her internet!
Original Poster
#73 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:17 AM
Wow....this is wonderful!!!

Essa - Welcome sweetie and Rae is down right gorgeousssssss!!

Freelancer - Welcome!! Caprica is beautiful ...I am so use to seeing your island beauty so it was a very wonderful surprise to see such a beautiful blonde.

zombie jill and Michele - thanks sweeties for taking care of the app closing questions, greatly appreciated.

I am going to post Round 1 tomorrow but, keep applications open during the whole round hopefully the wonderful Cinamun and Will will get their apps in and that will make 10 contestants and maybe if lucky a few more will come as we proceed with round 1. I will be around all day today to answer questions on apps and the round once it is posted .

Cinamun and Will - looking forward to your applications!!!

I know I said I would be back in a bit, but, had company, husband's family was returning home to washington and it took longer than I expected and then I fell asleep on the sofa...lol...old age, get me in a laying down position and bam I am asleep.
#74 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 3:04 PM
Default Application||Glena Thompsovik
Name: Glena Thompsovik
Team (Supermodel or Celebrity): Celebrity

I should be the Ultimate Status Symbol because I'm friendly, caring, and have a good sense of fashion. Many girls in my home country, Australia, look up to me.

|Head Shot|

|Body Shot|
#75 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 3:39 PM
Oooh, this competition is gonna be tough! Great entries everyone!

Page 3 of 19