Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:39 AM
how do we download hugo boss set so we could use in our entry? or we only have to model it pretending its in there with transparent backround so you'll be the one organize it and put together all the entries in one good picture???...

thank you....
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:54 AM
GoB, you may have a look at this tut for some tips: Sisaly's Contest Picture Tutorial

Most of the contestants use a screen capture program like Gadwin or Fraps.
You can get Gadwin here: http://www.gadwin.com/download/ (Gadwin PrintScreen 4.3 freeware)

Hope this will help.

You should avoid double posting. Edit your post instead.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. :confused:
My understanding is that we should post the required pic in a transparent background (.png file) which will save Psy10's time and then she will turn all contestants pictures into one group shot using the showed background.
#53 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:11 AM
ohh!!! and im a mac user i think i can't use gadwind....
huhuhuh

welll thanks a lot Essa....... i really appreciate it
#54 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:37 PM
Psy10 - Round 1 sounds fantastic and I can't wait to see the pics from the models. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to see what you come up with .
Mad Poster
#55 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:53 PM
Can someone tell me how to do this transparent background PNG thing that was mentioned? I feel like such an idiot not knowing, but I've never had to do that before.

Round One sounds fantastic, though! Lee the emo... never thought I'd see the day . Scientist is a coincidence though, because that's his hobby and his career.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#56 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:45 PM
If you use photoshop or any other sort of editing program there should be a background eraser tool. Once youve erased the background and its just the sim left on the blank background save the image as PNG (not the usual jpeg). Hope this helps Rabid! PM me if you need anymore help.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:03 PM
Okay, makes sense. Now I just have to figure out where that tool is in Photoshop Elements. Thanks so much for your help!

Original Poster
#58 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by helaene
I really don't want to be difficult, but I feel like its a little odd for those of us using 'bodybuilder' sims to revert to normal sized clothing from Tomang's site. Would it possibly be okay to use bodybuilder formalwear? I've made a few suits that I could share with the other bodybuilder contestant(s) if that's helpful...

Thank you! This new round looks great!

Doh. I completely forgot about the guys with the boybuilder frame. I prewrite my Rounds so I didn't make adjustments in that regard. I apologise. Yes, the sims with bodybuilder frames can use that type of formalwear. Feel free to share the suits you've made.
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I love this round and I can't wait to start.

- Is the deadline 14th (as stated in the thread title) or 15th of July (round 1 post)?
- Must be our models be alone in the task 2 picture or can we used others models too?
- I assume that a full bodyshot is required for the group shot. What is about the two other shots? Full bodyshot? knees and up shot?

Thanks in advance.

Helaene I totally get your concerns. What's about converting a Tomang outfit to a BB mesh? I sometimes did this in the past when I was using the SBB shape. It might work.

It is indeed the 15th. I'll fix that. In Task 2 (Label Me! and When I Grow Up...) you can use as many people to reflect your stereotype or occupation as possible. I'll add that to the guideline. Group shot is full body. For the other two shots, I did not specify because this is up to you.
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
And for the last 2, is it just 2 pictures? or do we have to have writing on them or anything (like an interview or a mag?) sry if i missed something lol

Nothing should be written on your images. I feel I'm a bit rubbish and stale since my last contest. I'll be adding more to the task guidelines.
Quote: Originally posted by godess_of_beauty
ei!!!! one question????? how could you make the snapshots bigger at the same time preserve its picture quality????

I assume you have Photoshop, right? Well, some people suggest using "Save for Web" but I don't think the pictures come out looking the best. Feel free to link to your image. I've added image size requirements.

Rabid, you don't even need to erase the background. Once you open your image in Photoshop and crop it to the size that you want, click save as and chose PNG and when it asks "None or Interlaced" pick the latter.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:19 PM
For the stereotype round, do we need to age our contestants down to teens like a snapshot of them in that time period, or are they just adults attempting to model how they looked and behaved then? And, will having a transparent PNG eliminate the chair the sim was posed on and just have them floating in midair, so to speak? Sorry to be such a bother- I just want to be clear so I don't have to go back and do it again.

Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:01 PM
Your model should remain an adult.

ETA: As for the chair thing no it will not. If you want to pose your model using the chair then make sure that you're only taking the picture when you have move_objects on and you either a. move the chair out of the way or b. the sim and then take the picture. Make sure to take your picture against a white background and once you save it as PNG Interlaced it will be transperant the next time you or someone opens the image in Photoshop.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:03 PM
Okay- just wanted to be sure. Thank you!

#62 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:02 PM
Goodluck everyone, I'm working on mine right now
#63 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:28 PM
i like the concept of this round. i have so many ideas, but i'm waiting for somebody else to make the first move.. :dance:
#64 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:17 AM
robotto-me too lol!
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:35 AM
Can't wait to see your entries. And judge them FAIR!
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:23 AM
I'm glad you guys and gals like Round One.

Just checking in.
#67 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:23 PM
psy10 ..... would i ask you maybe you could consider changing my task 2 from fashion designer to something .... maybe a soldier coz anything i came up with my image he always look like a gay!!! its so gay .... hehehe!!!
i actually do everything to came up a hunk designer but i really cant help it .....and its really stress me out...... hope you understand it.... :confused:
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:03 PM
You PMed me the same thing. I've responded to the PM. Also, there are plenty of straight fashion designers. If you have a problem with homosexuals then the next round will not go over too well with you.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godess_of_beauty
psy10 ..... would i ask you maybe you could consider changing my task 2 from fashion designer to something .... maybe a soldier coz anything i came up with my image he always look like a gay!!! its so gay .... hehehe!!!
i actually do everything to came up a hunk designer but i really cant help it .....and its really stress me out...... hope you understand it.... :confused:

Awww, come on, I bet Marlon looks great as a fashion designer!
Is it just me or does he really look a bit feminine? He kinda reminds me of those cute BJD doll thingies.
Anyway, I think it suits him perfectly. ^^

However, making Diego look like a prep is harder than I thought. It just doesn't look right, but I'll try. xP

- // ::ƒяεaκza::\\ -
[¿ ] ♥ »» sªηī†y īs σ√εЯRª†εð
Original Poster
#70 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:52 PM
When I assigned the stereotypes and occupations it was completely at random so don't shoot me, please!

I think making Diego look preppy will be a challenge but it can be done.
#71 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psy10
You PMed me the same thing. I've responded to the PM. Also, there are plenty of straight fashion designers. If you have a problem with homosexuals then the next round will not go over too well with you.

dont be too harsh im only asking.... hehehehehe !!!! dont worry i do my best....

ei..... you have spoil a little bit the next round.... hehehehehe
Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:32 AM
I didn't think I was being harsh in my post, it was definitely not my intention.

Also, the promo is posted in the third post.
#73 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:40 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm having fun trying to make mine look like dancer XD
#74 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 3:37 AM
hahahaha!!! you know this really fun..... im trying experiments and i end up laughing in my sim..... hahahahaha!!!!!
#75 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 5:19 AM
the promo looks great!!!! i cant wait to make an actor

Page 3 of 9