Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 10:37 PM
The application round and Round One both end tomorrow night, as things stand now. At the very beginning of the contest there was a four-day application period, during which only two apps were turned in. So this is really R1 and has been since the 26th, but apps will be open until there are ten contestants. Since I know there are contestants who have just entered an app or haven't even done that yet, I'm willing to extend R1 by a day or be flexible with the timing, but I'd prefer to stay on schedule, so I won't do that unless a specific need is expressed.

Does that clear things up?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:04 PM
Headshot -

It was Heather's idea to invite the headmaster and try to get Hayley accepted into private school. Currently being posh and wealthy, she thought private school an important part of every child's life, especially because she missed out on it herself during her poverty-stricken childhood. So she went upstairs and primped herself, leaving Darien to do all the work impressing the headmaster as usual. Hayley, of course, was busy doing her homework so she could actually maintain the grades she would need to enter private school.

Darien spent about half an hour showing the headmaster different rooms in the house, hoping that by the end of the tour Heather would be done with her makeup and would come downstairs to help him with dinner.

Of course, no dice. After the house tour Heather was still upstairs, so Darien filled up the time schmoozing with the headmaster. He wasn't very good at it, being rather socially inept, but the headmaster seemed to be pleased enough.

Finally Heather got her butt downstairs and helped Darien prepare his famous totally vegan tofurkey dinner. Darien was excellent at cooking, stemming from the fact that as a vegan he could hardly ever buy prepared foods and thus had to make all his food himself, so the meal impressed the headmaster greatly.

After the tour and the delicious dinner, the headmaster accepted Hayley into private school. But Darien wasn't sure this was the best idea. If Hayley attended the private school, the school would have records about the home and occupations of her parents. What if a school official came to call in the middle of the day and found Darien and Heather sleeping in their coffins? What if something else happened that would lead the school to find out that Hayley's parents were vampires? After bringing this up to Heather the next night (and getting into a fight with her over it the next night too, Heather giving poor Darien his fair share of bruises) he managed to convince her that it wasn't safe for them to have Hayley in private school, and called to pull her out. Unfortunately this was just one of the many setbacks Hayley had to deal with being the adopted child of two vampires.

Hayley didn't seem to mind much, however. On her first day of private school she got twice as much homework as she would have gotten in public school, and was relieved not to have to do it all. Perhaps private school was just never the right place for her in the first place.
#53 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:54 PM
thanks daisie. i get it
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 12:39 AM
Default Round 1!
One day Robyn came home saying that she was scared to go to school. So being a mom I was worried. Ryan explained to me that there had been a HUGE fight at school that day. I became just as scared as Robyn. I asked Rhonda about her day and found out that someone was seriously hurt in the fight. Right then all 3 of them started yelling about how none of the teachers did anything but cheer on the fight! I called Max and he advised me to call the school, so I did. The response was shocking… the principal told me that she did not care about my children’s feelings! In return I told her that my children would not be coming back to school at all that week. She hung up on me. I decided that it was time for a private school. Being the heir to the city fortune I was brought up in private school so why not put my own children in?

The next day the Headmaster came.
He came to the door and I realized it was my old headmaster Korey! We caught up and I took him on a tour of the house.
He complimented the decor in every room. Max made salmon for dinner, it was amazing!
Everyone loved the food and it was a great night in the end.

Were your children accepted to the private school?
Yes they were accepted.

Will your children attend the private school?
Yes they will attend.
#55 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 1:23 AM
You will need one more image of the headmaster visit, goddessmoon. Everything else looks good.

Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 2:11 AM
Lauren Family, Round 1
Danielle and Steele want the best opportunities for their children, and that starts with the children's education. When the local private school started accepting applications, they jumped on the chance to send Ward to the school. Maria is still too young to attend, but with Ward there, she will have a higher chance of being accepted when she is of age.

Picture of Ward

Charles Robinson, the headmaster, made an appointment to come see the Lauren's home and get to know the family. They are very particular on the types of students that they accept into their school.

They started off by playing a game of catch in the back yard, Danielle and little Maria were spectators on this one. Steele and Ward took turns playing with the Mr. Robinson.

After the ball game, Steele took Mr. Robinson on a quick tour of the family home, Mr. Robinson seemed rather pleased with what he saw.

The evening columnated with a nice dinner of roasted salmon with couscous and steamed squash. The food was delicious and everyone chatted while they enjoyed their food. At the end of the meal, Mr. Robinson let the family know that the school would be happy to have the children attend the school as they are such an upstanding family.

• Were your children accepted to the private school? Yes
• Will your children attend the private school? Of course
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
You will need one more image of the headmaster visit, goddessmoon. Everything else looks good.

I would but i use the attachment upload and you can only upload 5 pics. :confused:
Is there a better way i don't know about?
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 3:46 PM
i re-did my app, the other family bugged me so i am going to use my other family called the hudsons. hope that not to mch of a bother daisie http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...57&postcount=42

godess: use photo bucket?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#59 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goddessmoon2008
I would but i use the attachment upload and you can only upload 5 pics. :confused:
Is there a better way i don't know about?

Instead of adding the photos as an attachment, just upload the photos onto a site like tinypic.com or photobucket (like simcharley said). then use the insert image icon (the small yellow square next to the world icon) and copy & paste the link. You should be able to add all of the photos that way

For more help, check out this thread:

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9712

Great entries everyone!
#60 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 7:28 PM
I have got my round one photos taken but i shall not be able to get them edited and the stroy written by tonight but if i am allowed i will definitely be able to finish it and get it up by tomorrow. Would this be okay?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 8:50 PM
What if I extend R1 until tomorrow at 4PM EST? That'd give the judges more time then they'd have if I extended by a full 24 hours, and hopefully we can stay on schedule.

(Another option is having no eliminations for R1 and extending it through what the judging period is supposed to be, and then having R1 judging during R2. But all of that may not be necessary, so I'll play that part by ear.)

I'll assume we're going with the 4PM tomorrow thing unless I find out that it won't work for people. Is that okay? icingtiara, it'd be great if you could go ahead and post your app ASAP. Then we'll have ten and be able to move on.

#62 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 9:51 PM
Default Reed Family-ROUND 1

Dillon

Sadie

Morgan

(i dont know why my pics turned out so crappy, im sry)

Nadia: My husband and I have been deciding weather or not we should send our children to a private school, so we invited the headmaster of a local school to our home to see what he had to say about it. We would of done this earlier but we didn't have the money.

The headmaster, BJ, arrived at 4:15 pm and myself and Sadie were still in the kitchen preparing our dinner. My husband showed him into the living room where they had a little talking time. This was his chance to get all the information we needed on the school.

At about 5 we sat down for dinner, we had my famous lobster dish. BJ complimented on it, "This is the best lobster I've ever had". During our discussions during dinner my two oldest children were not thrilled about entering a private school, they didn't want to leave their friends. So they were disappointed and didn't talk much.

After dinner BJ told my husband that my children were perfect for his school and he would love to have them come there. Daren thanked him for his time and told him that our oldest two would not be attending, but Morgan will.

Did we get accepted? Yes.
Will we attend? only Morgan.

HEADSHOTS COMING!

#63 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 12:42 AM
whens the last day you will be accepting applications?
#64 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 12:42 AM
she is still taking them until tonight i believe, or maybe tomorrow
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:32 AM
Tomorrow at 3PM EST. Sorry if I haven't been clear on that.

Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 7:52 AM
Head Shot.
Darcy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When Elliot Hudson put her daughters’ name down for the private school in Belladonna Cove she thought nothing of it, but just as it happens three months later she gets a call from the headmaster, Mr Shane Jones. He pleasantly asked her the offer still stands for Darcy to go to private school, Elliot just wanting the best for little Darcy agreed and arranged for Mr Jones to come over at 5pm for dinner and a chat.

Picture one.

When he arrived Elliot sent Darcy down to greet him, he informed Darcy that he’s happy she makes a effort for his visiting because all the other families he visited the parents did all the work and the children sat watching TV or playing computer games. Soon after Elliot came down and introduced herself, and offered Mr Jones a tour of their apartment. Elliot showed him after their two-story home and he told her that it was a lovely home, and a suitable environment for a learning student.

Picture2.

While showing Mr Jones around he polity asked where Elliot’s husband was, Elliot had the embarrassment of telling him that Darcy’s dad left when she was one year old to go live with his younger girlfriend. He then changed the subject and asked some other information about the family. When Darcy asked if she could excuse herself to practise her much loved violin while the adult chatted, The headmaster asked if he could come up and listen also telling Darcy that there is a music course at the school for talented students.

Picture3.

To Darcy’s desire Mr. Jones loved her talent and said if she did attend the school she would defiantly be on the music course. “Mr Jones, I have prepared some dinner downstairs if you would like to join me and Darcy?” Elliot asked him. “That would be lovely thank you Miss Hudson.”

Picture4.

“Well may I say that was the best salad I have ever had Miss Hudson, and if I might add I would love Darcy in my school, it would be a pleasure to have her in my institution.” Of course Darcy agreed to start the next day; she was so excited to get started with that music course Mr jones told her about.

----------------------------------------------------

• Were your children accepted to the private school? Yes she was.
• Will your children attend the private school? Yup.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Scholar
#67 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:02 PM
Default Application

Meet the Family

Name: Thomas Grey
Hobby/Occupation: Tom is jokingly referred to as the dumb and dull one. His hobby is part of his work - that is he enjoys reading up-to-date and past texts on Psychology, and he is a Psychologist. The dumb part of his character, despite his profession, comes from being extremely clumsy and sometimes being completely idiotic!

Name: Derek Grey
Hobby: Derek enjoys cooking, and regularly tries to compete with his twin sister for kitchen domination.
Occupation: Derek enjoys martial arts immensely and teaches Ju Jitsu at the local centre for kids and teens.

Name: Dyna Grey
Hobby: While Dyna does like concocting delicious food, a hobby of hers is art and she can regularly be found in front of an easel or helping the little ones with their paints and crayons.
Occupation Dyna has been a chef now for many, many years in major cities around the world.

Name: Anya Grey
Hobby: Little Anya likes many things, particularly getting very mucky by messing around on the playground. However she has also taken little fancies to Science, martial arts and cooking thanks to her dad's and aunt.

Name: Dirk Grey
Hobby: Toddler Dirk adores bettering himself in the art of attention seeking, and making paint hands on the wall...

Name: Anna Grey
Hobby Anna likes being a little more creative than her brother - and likes to potter around the house with paint on her hands and feet. Apart from that she can very rarely be parted from her building blocks.

Name: Toby Grey
Hobby: While nobody can tell what baby Toby's hobbies will be in the future, his strong set of lungs suggest opera singing!

Tom would be one of the first to point out that no family is perfect, but he and Derek think they're pretty close to it. They both love children and started to look into adopting ten years ago. At the time they were judged too young and there were reservations about the lack of female presence in the household. But the two persevered and, despite a long road of setbacks and daunting interviews they were finally able to adopt their first child eight years ago. Anya was seven months old when she officially became a Grey, and the happy couple haven't looked back since. Dyna moved into their home two years ago after visiting for a couple of months and has only helped the household since then.

A slightly less hectic moment as the toddlers and Anya play at building things and Tom and Derek have a quiet moment of contentment.

The Terrible Twosome, Dirk and Anna are unsure of whether they like their new playground toys or not.

Despite appearances, Aunt Dyna is not the one who always gets left holding the baby...
Scholar
#68 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:17 PM
Default Round I

The Headmaster Cometh!

Anya Grey

It had been early on in the day that the toddlers and baby Toby would be put to bed so as not to decide the headmaster was their simply to play with them! Unfortunately, astute little tots that they are, they simply didn't want to go to sleep and ended up joining in dinner. Tom tucked into his turkey feast but Derek could barely eat, so queasy was he with nerves. Anya chatted away with the headmaster and all seemed to be going well, despite the visitor's arrogance.

Tom was to show the headmaster around while Derek cleared away the fabulous food that his sister had prepared. Tom had been in front of a mirror for the better part of a day, pretending to be talking to the snooty headmaster so as to better impress him later on. It was a feat that should have come easily to him, after having spoken to vast crowds of people before. Unfortunately the headmaster appeared to be very disdainful, and the younger man bit his tongue to keep from saying anything wrong. The only time the balding elder gent appeared to be happy was when he spotted the books in Anya's bedroom... Perhaps things were starting to look up?

Just when Tom has thought there was a chance of getting through to the headmaster, he snootily announced that his time in their "quaint little house" was most definitely up. Even Derek has tried to coax the man into a deeper conversation but had had no luck. Once the headmaster was out of the house, and the roar of the car engine faded into the distance Tom's shoulders fell and he called for Anya to join them.

Her eyes were wide and hopeful when she trotted into the room - she had been reading on the INternet how fantastic this school was supposed to be, and knew as well that her dad's wanted the best possible education for her - but realised that things had not gone as expected when she saw their faces. She, however, bounced onto the couch cheerfully and surprised them both with her upbeat attitude. Anya assured them that there were going to be other awesome schools! And then ran off to the computer to find some.

Were your children accepted to the private school?
No, and after seeing the snobbery in the headmaster, they were rather glad.
Will your children attend the private school?
Not this one, and the search continues for a better school than the rundown public school closest to the Grey family.

I hope everything is okay with the application and round I entry.
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:26 PM
I fixed it! I showed him arriving
Forum Resident
#70 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 2:34 PM
Sooo, unfortunately I can't participate, because my brother still hasn't reinstallt our computer and now I still can't play... *sigh*

I really wanted too, though.
Well, hope I can next time.
#71 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 4:32 PM
Default The Logan Family - Round 1

Honey Logan

Luke Logan

It was around three o'clock when the twins got home from school. They walked casualy into the living room with bright red cheeks and cute little smiles on their faces, in their hands were two white crisp peices of paper.

"Hi mummy, guess what we did today?" Honey said with excitment on her face
"What?" i asked not sure what to say
"Mr Walter, from Driftwood school came to speak to us all about his school and what it does" my son, Luke, replied
"Hey, i was going to tell her that!"
"Look calm down guys, Driftwood high? Isn't that the local private school" I asked beginning to get worried, Driftwood school was very expensive and not even with two full wadges coming in could Blain and I afford that for all three of our children.
"YES, can we go mummy, PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE" they both said looking excited
"Well why don't your dad and I discuss it first and we will tell you later?"
I knew the answer was going to have to be no, but like most mother i didn't like to disapont my children.

Fifteen minutes later Ava walked into the house holding hands with a guy i had never seen before.
"So who's your little friend Ava?" I asked with a smile
Looking embarised Ava replied, "Mum this is my boyfriend, Ryan"
"Nice to meet you Ryan" I said as i shaked his hand

That night while eating dinner (Ryan had gone home) I brought up the subject about Driftwood High.

"NO WAY AM I GOING, WHAT ABOUT ALL MY FRIENDS MUM AND DONT FORGET RYAN" Ava had shouted.
After she had said that a smile spread across my face, Blain and I had both known that we could afford fees for Honey and Luke only, so with Ava out the picture the twins were going to get ther wish after all.

Blain phoned the Mr Walter the folwing weekend and envited him over for tea. He was very pleased to come and couldn't wait to meet the twins.
After he arrived we talked for about an hour, he told me all about the school, its fees and expectations. I was very impressed, Mr walter was an intelligent but friendly man.

Link

Although Ava was not attending the school Mr Walter insisted in letting her give him a tour of the house and to my surprise he seemed very interested in her, although Ava still won't tell me what happened up in her room i have a secret suspicion that she really liked Mr Walter.

Link

We had Dinner, Mr Walter loved the Twins and was very excited when telling them they were accepted into his school.

Link

Were your children accepted into the school? THANKFULLY, yes they were
Will your children attent? The twins will be very excited to start at their new school.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 10:13 PM
Aw, Avaluna, that's too bad. I was hoping you'd be able to participate.

Okay, guys. The new apps/entries look great, and I'm going to go ahead and close the first round and PM the judges. Good luck! :D

#73 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:10 AM
Oh dang. I was about to post my application. Well next time i guess. GoodLuck to everyone.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:22 AM
I thought I had made the deadline pretty clear, but I guess I didn't. Sorry about that, guys.

#75 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 10:13 PM
You did. Daisie. I just hadnt checked in so i didnt know and i thought i had time. Its OK though. I would love to be an EJ judge if ever needed.

Page 3 of 6