3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:36 AM
sims get angry when you sell their furniture
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 6:12 AM
Purchases cannot be made over the counter if there is a half wall on the other side. I had one of the cheap counters with the cash register on it and thought that it would look better to place a half wall to cover the back of the counter. Sims were walking all over the place to get to the register without any success until I removed the half wall. I guess I'll have to deal with the cheap counter's ugly back until I have more money to buy a better one.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 6:44 AM
(Not sure if Bodyshop discoveries go here, but here goes)

The skirt on the hula outfit for the elder female group is alpha, but the coconut bra isn't
Theorist
#79 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 12:40 PM
For once I wanted to use the CS leafs bed. I found out that it conflicts with TJ smarter beds.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:11 PM
Fun fact when your Sim toddlers are playing with the dollhouse. If the toddler is chewing on the doll while you click on a person or object, the toddler's face will show the doll in his mouth!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:23 PM
Sims' roommates in apartments seem to be stuck in red aspiration. I used the Sim Blender to max it out because she was acting all worried, but a few minutes later it dropped back down to red.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
That's not vanilla behavior. I'd troubleshoot that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#83 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:37 PM
My sim hum's whilst gardening and make's cooing sounds to her plants. I had no idea that I had set my volume too low to hear this before.
Scholar
#84 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfenhase
sims get angry when you sell their furniture

Not really angry, usually, but they will wonder where their stuff went... You can avoid them making a fuss about it, though. Simply put the item your want to sell in their inventory, close the inventory, open it, and sell the object. Your sim will be none the wiser.

Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
My sim hum's whilst gardening and make's cooing sounds to her plants. I had no idea that I had set my volume too low to hear this before.

And if she ever turns into a Plantsim, she'll gain lots of Social/Love from tending her crops and trees. She'll be able to talk her fruit trees to health. I love that about my plantsim females.

In fact, sims may hum, sing or mumble stuff while using crafting stations, too.
Theorist
#85 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:05 PM
I like the gardenin aspect of it, but don't like them turnin into plants themselves. I'm glad jfade made a fix for this so I can have my cake and eat it too ... err maybe in this case it would be I can have my awesome fruits and veggies and eat them too ... lol
Mad Poster
#86 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 10:52 PM
You don't need a fix to prevent plantsims; you just need ladybug houses instead of pesticide. I've never had a plantsim.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#87 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:03 PM
Do you still get the talk to plants/ trees and such as the plantsims do?
Mad Poster
#88 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Do you still get the talk to plants/ trees and such as the plantsims do?

Talking to plants is not a plant sim ability, it comes from having a gold badge in gardening. Plant Sims automatically get a gold badge when becoming plant sims, which is why they always have it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:10 PM
Hi, Cali, no, all the plantsim specific behavior is just that, specific to plantsims. Sorry

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#90 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:22 PM
That family apparently doesn't count towards the influence meter number of friends, even family in different households.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 11:56 PM
We're gonna confuse Calibrat here.

Gummilutt is right that plant sims get gold gardening badges and that is what enables talking to plants. Non-plantsims who do enough gardening to get gold badges will be able to talk to plants and grow all varieties of mouthwatering produce; it just takes them longer to get to that point, because they have to do all the work of gardening.

Smorbie is right that non-badge related plantsim things - releasing spores and pollen, parthenogenesis, living on sunlight, love, and water - are unique to them, and that they are the only ones who get gold badges for existing rather than working for them.

Alchemist
#92 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:01 AM
a sort of re-discovery::
toddlers and younger have no immediate reaction when their parent has an affair. but all offspring get memory markers of at least kissing and making out.
Test Subject
#93 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 2:52 PM
I was browsing the memories of a sim and discovered a new memory to me " superstar of the campus"
dont know how it comes, cause he was in an ordinary dorm, no secret society or fraternity member, anyway if he feels he was the superstar why not :P
Mad Poster
#94 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 3:04 PM
The term in English is "Big Man on Campus." It's a measure of popularity and is based on some combination of number of friends made and amount of influence earned on campus.

Field Researcher
#95 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 6:00 PM
Big Sim on Campus is from maxing out the friend/influence meter.
Instructor
#96 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 2:15 AM
The "Bust a Move" interaction.
I wish I had moves like that...
Mad Poster
#97 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 11:42 AM
I recently started a new Widespot and added Land Grant University to it. I was exploring the campus adding batboxes etc. to the households when I stopped by the Printer Sisters' place. Daisy Wheels had a fear of registering for the Biology major. I don't think I've ever seen wants or fears related to the Uni majors before. Maybe she's squeamish and worries about having to dissect a frog.

In one of my earlier versions of Bluewater Village, I decided to respawn all the graves in the hood. Several characters had no memory of these relatives dying and respawning the graves gave them these memories, which in turn triggered related wants and fears. For most of the playables, these were the usual wants/fears to see ghosts of loved ones, etc. Melody Tinker had to be different - she promptly spun up wants to make all four of her grandparents into zombies. It's a good thing she's not interested in the family toy business. Heaven only knows what she might make on that workbench! That's the only time I've ever seen that want in my game.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 3:18 PM
I discovered that a Sim in low Motives/a bad mood can have a bad dream. A jagged thought bubble pops up of a certain Sim (in this case, it was her young cousin, whom she doesn't actually know, but I'm assuming has seen at some point) and they start whimpering and tossing around.

I'm not entirely sure if that is vanilla though lol. My game has so many mods in it that I can't keep track of what's normal and what's not.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 5:27 PM
yeah, totally vanilla. The very first family I made, so long ago, I can't remember them, was a divorced man and his two teen daughters. One was a family teen, and because I was just getting used to the game, I never got around to letting her get married and have kids. They also slept on the cheapest lounge chairs that came with the base game, so they got no comfort points from sleeping. Anyway, as her life ticked away without realizing her wants, she began having worse and worse dreams, all night long. Poor thing. Good times.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#100 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 5:55 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 25th Mar 2016 at 3:46 AM.
I just had a pregnant sim cookin some hamburgers. When her cookin ignited a fire instead of doin the fire dance she ran out of her apartment to the mailboxes .. then proceeded to do the fire dance. There were two non-playables in the 'clubhouse' (the common area) and they too left what they were doin to come to the mailbox then do the fire dance.

I don't play apartments often so this was a new aspect for me.
Page 4 of 442